First Grow! - Beginner CFL Indoor Grow - THC Bomb - BubbleGum+

JointSmoke

Hello guys and gals my name is Joint this is going to be my first ever grow i have been doing tons of research for weeks on everything related to cannabis growth i am very excited and hoping to get some great tips/feedback along the journey!

I am using all female seeds purchased online!

Strains:
2x THC Bomb
1x Bubblegum+ (Auto)
1x Vast and Fast (Auto)
1x MoneyMaker

I constructed my own homemade grow box it is just over 6 square feet, i will be using 2-3 gallon pots with a soil grow, I am currently using foxfarm ocean forrest for my soil i read it has everything needed for a beginner/easy grow! For my grow lights i will be using CFLS i purchased 2x 250 watt 6500k cfl grow light from everything i read i want about 22000 lumens for 5-6 square feet so i also added some smaller bulbs!

Day 1:
I read its best not to germinate the autos because they are more fragile so i potted those directly into the soil in their main pots planted the seeds about 1/4 inch deep and have kept the temperature at 78-80 degrees with some plastic bags over them as a moisture dome.

Soaked the 2x THC bombs, and the moneymaker in water for 24 hours.

Day 2:
Moved the THC Bombs and the money maker from the cup of water (they did not crack at this point) into the paper towel method to sit for 24 hours.

No sprouts as of yet on the Bubblegum+ auto or the Vast and Fast auto on day 2.

Day 3:
The THC Bomb seeds and the MoneyMaker have cracked in the paper towels and the tap root is about 1/4 inch sticking out so far i will be planting these 3 seeds in pots later on tonight, i purchased some small pete moss pellets should i place these seeds in the pellets and then put those into the pots or should they just go directly into the foxfarm OF soil like the autos did?

Still no change in the 2x Autos!

I will be posting some pictures of my whole setup in the coming days once (hopefully) these start to sprout any feedback, tips, or tricks are very much appreciated and welcomed thanks :volcano-smiley:

Heres a quick update!
Planted the 2x germinated thc bombs and the money maker into cups for their first week in the fox farm of.
Hoping they start sprouting up soon heres some pictures of my setup and my soon to be plants :p!

Grow Box
13382205_1577720562527191_601367121_n.jpg

We decided to add a window on the door made of glass with some reflective material covering it as a flap to be able to see the temp without opening it, but also because i just want to watch them hah!
13384766_1577725879193326_1314836116_n.jpg

Inside:

The lights are just to help keep it warm in there i ordered 2x 250 watt 6500k grow lights with a better reflector from amazon just waiting for them to get here!

13342391_1577722729193641_2027097989_n.jpg
13342473_1577722905860290_262362302_n.jpg

My soon to be babies!: 2x THC Bomb, 1x Money Maker, 1x BubbleGum+ (Auto), 1x Vast and Fast (auto)
13342032_1577722505860330_1844046219_n.jpg
13382271_1577722572526990_1101629185_n.jpg
13285754_1577723002526947_982619746_n.jpg
13342473_1577722905860290_262362302_n.jpg

Hopefully they will start peaking their heads up within the next day i cant wait !

Welcome to :420: jointsmoke! Fancy little grow box you have there! Kinda funny, we have 3 of the strains you mentioned germinating currently. We just finished our first grow and learned a lot during that time. You are looking great starting out and hope that your babies sprout soon. Usually ones they get put into soil, it is roughly 36 hours and they will be above ground. Best of luck to ya and if we can assist in anyway, don't be afraid to say something to the wonderful people here.

:goodluck:

Hey Jointsmoke! Looking good. Awesome squad there. THC bomb is perfect for beginers as well as the others.

Yes looking good. Great grow box. And those light reflectors are not to bad.
Just a suggestion but id pull those pots at back closer together so they grt more direct light. So there under light. I think they might stretch a little otherwise.

THE GREEN RACER.

Hello, thank you guys for the positive feedback!Thats awesome Nismo that we are going to be having the same strains going and thank you and Canna Montanna for the warm welcome i will definatly be following your grows! Racer1921 we thought the same thing last night and re arranged all of the pots so they are evenly under the light now. If there is anything else anyone notices we should be doing or doing differently please feel free to let me know any tips are greatly appreciated and welcomed!
Small update Day 4:
The BubbleGum+(auto) and the Vast and Fast(Auto) have sprouted no leafs yet but they are definatly peaking their beautifull little heads out of the soil now so excited will post some pictures within the next day when they get a little bigger and the 2x thc bombs/money maker sprout!

I have a question hopefully someone can answer, so 2 of my plants have sprouted up 1 of them looks like it should, kinda like a T formation where the leafs will be comming out from both sides, the other is a little bigger but it has like a bulb on the top ( i dont think its the seed casing) it looks kind of like a Q tip is that normal? And how long should i leave my moisture dome over these i read you want to leave it for about a week and every few hours i check the dome seems to be drying out really fast this hasnt happened untill they sprouted is it normal that the dome is drying out/sucking up the water? I also read you want to get them moving in the air is it too soon for this?Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have a question hopefully someone can answer, so 2 of my plants have sprouted up 1 of them looks like it should, kinda like a T formation where the leafs will be comming out from both sides, the other is a little bigger but it has like a bulb on the top ( i dont think its the seed casing) it looks kind of like a Q tip is that normal? And how long should i leave my moisture dome over these i read you want to leave it for about a week and every few hours i check the dome seems to be drying out really fast this hasnt happened untill they sprouted is it normal that they are drying out/sucking up the water? I also read you want to get them moving in the air is it too soon for this?Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Sounds like the seed casing fell off, but there may be a thin layer of the lining of the shell on where the leaves are. It'll probably bust out of there just fine, but when we had that happen, I carefully pried it apart. That's when I saw the clear casing on it.

I'm not sure about when to take the seedlings out of the dome. I'm guessing anytime I'd good. When do you plan on transplanting?

Thanks for the quick reply Canna!
I dont want to really touch it im kinda scared , but the bulb on the top is like half green with somebrown it kinda looks like a street light post lol i might just be paranoid, i will leave it till tonight see if theres any changes in it if not ill have to try to remove it. We are planning to leave it in the smaller cups for the first week then transplanting them to their final pots like the autos.

Thanks for the quick reply Canna!
I dont want to really touch it im kinda scared , but the bulb on the top is like half green with somebrown it kinda looks like a street light post lol i might just be paranoid, i will leave it till tonight see if theres any changes in it if not ill have to try to remove it. We are planning to leave it in the smaller cups for the first week then transplanting them to their final pots like the autos.
The first set of leaves believe it or not are actually formed before the seed is even germinated. Like canna said it could be just the semi clear casing. Give it a day to try and shed it off as they are very delicate this early on. Then if it still hasn't carefully take it off. Remember that these are plants and do it in the wild without our help. Pictures would help us for sure, but until then I would let nature take its course.

Here is one we had that didn't want to lose its casing so we had to help her. :thumb:
317d9f204edaebf76f1383762a3f8aa8.jpg

Here are some close up pictures of my babies!
So we took a closer look at the plant that i thought might of had a shell stuck on it, turns out that there was still a half of piece of shell on the top it just came right off these plants have already doubbled in size since this morning (yes they are still very tiny lol) but im excited to see that the autos germinated fine on their own in the pots :)

Vast and Fast (Auto)
13382078_1577956205836960_261534241_n.jpg
13349146_1577956235836957_1438204605_n.jpg

BubbleGum+ (Auto)
13341969_1577956212503626_142132209_n.jpg

As you can see the small piece of shell that was removed from the top
13342354_1577956229170291_357426209_n.jpg

Its all normal mate. Doing well and your prepared to listen. This grow should be quite successful.
Its a seed casting mate. Quite normal.

THE GREEN RACER.

Hello! I have a question hopefully someone can answer for me, now that all 5 of my plants have sprouted/broken through the surface, 2 of them have 4 small leafs and the other 3 are just starting to open should i be switching these over to 18/6 now? they have been on 24 hours light just so i could keep the temp up/humidity up and to make sure they got the light when they first broke the surface, if anyone could clarify it would be appreciated!

Hello! I have a question hopefully someone can answer for me, now that all 5 of my plants have sprouted/broken through the surface, 2 of them have 4 small leafs and the other 3 are just starting to open should i be switching these over to 18/6 now? they have been on 24 hours light just so i could keep the temp up/humidity up and to make sure they got the light when they first broke the surface, if anyone could clarify it would be appreciated!
We keep ours on 18/6 all the time. Even before they sprout. They come up just fine. Happy to hear they are getting bigger! It's so exciting, isn't it?

Yes it is so exciting the Vast and Fast auto so far is the biggest 1 shes getting long and almost 4 leafs, the bubblegum+ auto is a little smaller but looks real nice now that she opened up,removed the shells off of the 2x thc bombs and the money maker so those should be opening up anytime, having a little trouble keeping the humidity up its about 49% right now we had it at about 70% humidity and 80 degrees F for most of the night added a open pan of water read that blowing a fan on it will create humidity but its still pretty low today

We ended up buying a tower style humidifier for our tent. It fit in there well and since it was tall and skinny, it didn't take up much room. We filled then 2x a day. It's hard to keep the humidity up, especially now when it's warm out and people like to use air conditioners. They take out the humidity in the air of the house. Plus if you are running an exhaust, it's pulling out moisture also.

Back
Top Bottom