Votes: 30 3.7%
  • House and Garden

Votes: 200 24.4%
  • Humbolt

Votes: 20 2.4%
  • Miscellaneous

Votes: 233 28.4%

• Total voters
Re: A poll to see what kind of nutes are prefered.

OK, yes thank you I'd already found that scheduler program on their site, but it keeps asking for the res size, so I figured it was only for hydro systems -- no?

Also, on the 100% organic option there are 9 separate nute formulas. That's a lot -- is there any info on which of those I might be able to exclude, or are all 9 products absolutely essential?

And thank you for the info on which reps to talk to -- that's invaluable, it's always so nice to talk to someone who is professional and actually wants to help -- it's getting to be a rare thing these days, sadly...

I'm scared to call though, if I do I'll probably end up yacking for hours, and they'll get no work done... might not be a good thing.

If you really do have the ability to bend the ear of the owner, what would be great would be an email address that is only for serious questions, so that the recipients at AN would know they will not be wasting time sifting through tons of irrelevant questions... that would be very helpful. I don't need an instant answer to an email -- if was an emergency, I'm sure I'd call. But a 48 hour turn around would be nice, if that is possible.

Even a simple email that say "Sorry, your question is too deep to be answered in an email, please call us at 800-whatever."

Shoot, even if all unanswered emails, after 72 hours for example, were to get that automatic response, even that... is better than nothing.

Just an idea... thanks Cafghanica!! :thanks:
Np I will try to address the email thing and I will also explain the nutes required for the organic program and how to use the nute calculator for soil etc. I am getting ready to crash out or i would explain now. I ll have ya some info up later for sure. And I agree with everything you said.

Getting ready to go watch Clash of the Titans 3d w00t but as soon as I get back in this evening I'll get some of that info up for ya on the Organic program, nutes , etc. Sorry about the time its taking me to get a proper response up for ya. Everyone have a great day and I'll be back on later.

:peacetwo: :slide:

OK, yes thank you I'd already found that scheduler program on their site, but it keeps asking for the res size, so I figured it was only for hydro systems -- no?

Also, on the 100% organic option there are 9 separate nute formulas. That's a lot -- is there any info on which of those I might be able to exclude, or are all 9 products absolutely essential?

And thank you for the info on which reps to talk to -- that's invaluable, it's always so nice to talk to someone who is professional and actually wants to help -- it's getting to be a rare thing these days, sadly...

I'm scared to call though, if I do I'll probably end up yacking for hours, and they'll get no work done... might not be a good thing.

If you really do have the ability to bend the ear of the owner, what would be great would be an email address that is only for serious questions, so that the recipients at AN would know they will not be wasting time sifting through tons of irrelevant questions... that would be very helpful. I don't need an instant answer to an email -- if was an emergency, I'm sure I'd call. But a 48 hour turn around would be nice, if that is possible.

Even a simple email that say "Sorry, your question is too deep to be answered in an email, please call us at 800-whatever."

Shoot, even if all unanswered emails, after 72 hours for example, were to get that automatic response, even that... is better than nothing.

Just an idea... thanks Cafghanica!! :thanks:
First question is no they just want the rez size that your mixing for that watering in soil or hydroponics. So if you have 5 plants and you normally water them 1 gallon each then you would mix a 5 gallon rez and set the calculator to 5 gal rez and I find after doing that its easiest to change to metric for the dose amouts there is a drop down box for that on the far right.

For the second question some people may think 9 products is alot but no you dont need them all what I would recommend is (and think of these as 3 seperate groups your base nutrient the real super required stuff, beneficials ie beneficial bacteria and fungus that are invaluable, supplements b vitamins,etc)

Base Nutrient for Organic choice
Iguana Juice Grow/Bloom

Beneficials
Piranha
Tarantula
Voodoo Juice (I know its expensive but I cant teach you a way to buy a 50 dollar bottle and make it last a couple years) plus your roots explode on seedlings, rooted clones or maturing plants with this stuff its also recently been updated and discountAN that I listed below caries the new formulation.

Supplements
H2 - is great its a much it will give you enough of the benefits that you can go without the F1 but if you end up getting a chance get the F1 or some brand of Fulvic Acid and use per the bottles instructions.
Carboload - is great its for the plant basic simple sugars (like lab great molasses but actually in an easily uptaken form its also a food for the beneficial micro organisms ie the Piranha,Tarantula,and Voodoo Juice) It also has another use you can combine Piranha,Carboload, and i prefer distilled water with a little wet betty if you have it but not required and foliar feed directly your buds with liquid sugar that coats them with ooie googie crystals and have no fear of molds etc the Piranha keeps the buds perfectly safe, I generally go right behind after they dry and rinse them off with pure distilled water to make sure any excess Pirhana is removed.

Insead of betting Organic B I would just get Bud Candy and use it during flower instead of Organic B and Carboload and it will do the job of both plus Bud Candy replaces Sweat Leaf as well.
I would also recommend getting a bottle of Nirvana and it will be applicable from seedlings to flowering plants.

1 litre bottles of each one would be great except just grab a 500ml bottle of Voodoo Juice and I post how to make a bio reactor on the cheap. get 130 bottles of Pirhana and Tarantula its worth the exra for the larger amount. And again this is what I recommend if you can get it all but not what is the bare min. If you want the bare min I ll post it seperate.

Also Discount AN - Your #1 source for Advanced Nutrients has the freshs stock and very reasonable prices they are located out of Cali so if thats close all the better and also Cheap Hydroponics - Indoor Gardening and Hydroponic Supplies - (Powered by CubeCart) has some great prices but you may want to call to make sure they have the new VoodooJuice thats 2/ml per litre mix strenght before ordering from there. Both are great places for alsorts of good stuff.

Also if you have all the beneficials pretty much no enzyme product from any company is needed the beneficials produce enough enzymes when used properly and with a DIY bio reactor buying enzymes are a thing of the past. Hope this helped.

Also if you download this and listen to it this will show I am not crazy about the foliar feeding of Carboload and Piranha late in flowering. This only made me aware it was possible so spray them with basically sugar all the way up to harvest and then I've tryed it on every crop since. Ive never had a bug problem, mold problems or any problems using carboload with piranha in that method its Great!

Excellent, thank you for that -- I see how the rez option on the scheduler works.... LOL!

It's really simple actually, if I'd thought about it I would have realized but I just assumed the concentrations would change depending on whether I'm working in hydro or soil.

Mucho info, I will digest and see what happens, thank you!

So much to learn... life is so fun. :slide:

:peacetwo:

Just thought I'd poke in on the Nutes question. I don't like it when any brand of nutes claims to be for a specific plant. ie - AN and some others. I don't have a prob with their nutes - never tried them, and I see they get good results. But to match a plant food to a species is kinda ridiculous. Hell, I have two different cannabis strains that can't be in the same res without conflicting on their nute levels.

I think there is no right or wrong with nutes. Its all about finding the one that just works for you. Doesn't need to be a reason. Just needs to feel right. We've all seen great results with the cheapest and the most expensive. I have experienced this with multiple lines. I do what the bottle says - and it works right. I have also experienced doing what the bottle says - and seeing dramatic problems. When that happens - I usually blame myself for not understanding how the manufacturer intended the product to be used. But even in that context - I use my gut as the guide.

Again - no right or wrong answer - I just go with what feels right to me.

:nicethread:

Just thought I'd poke in on the Nutes question. I don't like it when any brand of nutes claims to be for a specific plant. ie - AN and some others. I don't have a prob with their nutes - never tried them, but I see they get good results. But to match a plant food to a species is kinda ridiculous. Hell, I have two different cannabis strains that can't be in the same res without conflicting on their nute levels.

Lol, yeah, been there done that. That's why multi-part nutrients and separate reservoirs are a must. One size fits all... doesn't.

"Made for cannabis" = "Hey, I bet we can sell this stuff to stoners."

Lol, yeah, been there done that. That's why multi-part nutrients and separate reservoirs are a must. One size fits all... doesn't.

"Made for cannabis" = "Hey, I bet we can sell this stuff to stoners."

if you guys are talking about kushy kush (never tried it) the whole AN line is pretty much just for MJ, we all know it and they don't hide it. . . i don't know if it works, but i could see them coming across things that only work for certain strains, so hey, if you got the balls to call it that, good for you. . . I know most hydro shop owners don't appreciate it much. lol.

I definitely was not picking on AN. There are lots of ones that do it. And definitely the addatives are crazy like that. Gravity, Purple Maxx, all that stuff is clearly targeted towards cannabis. The reality is that its hard to justify $100 for Liquid Light and Penetrator to make your cucumbers heavier.

On a side note I heard a funny story from one of the manufacturers about chunky perlite. It used to be the stuff that was too big coming through the assembly process. It was sieved off at the end and reprocessed. Then one day someone figured out that hydro guys like the bigger stuff, so they took what used to be throw away, marked up the price, and called it Chunky Perlite or Large Perlite for Hydro systems.

Food for thought.

:peace:

Nor was I singling out Mike and his AN line - else I would have mentioned it, lol. Although... Do you mean that Kushy Kush won't work on a sativa? Or even an Aurora Indica? How about... tomatoes?

Dutch Nutrient Formula makes a product called DNF Gold. It's not marketed specifically for cannabis - although people use it for that. I've seen pictures here where someone used it in regular foliar applications during early-mid flowering and the result had such an extreme amount of pistals that the picture at first looked blurry. (I can't say whether the bud so produced was a better finished product; but it was, however, "hairier.") And the same thing seems to happen to tomatoes, peppers, and other fruiting crops when it is used in the same way. Why? IDK, because they're all plants, maybe?

Calling it a rose does not make it so. Neither does calling a rose a violet make it not a rose. But if one is selling a product to a group of people that love violets and hate roses, one might just decide to label a certain flower as "Violet, improved - much larger and RED," and [EDIT] possibly to mark the price up somewhat so that those who wish to purchase those particular "violets" can be assured that their violets are better then the other person's roses (even though even a botanist couldn't distinguish the two) - because they're voilets.

I guess that is called - among other things - marketing to your customer-group.

I definitely was not picking on AN. There are lots of ones that do it. And definitely the addatives are crazy like that. Gravity, Purple Maxx, all that stuff is clearly targeted towards cannabis. The reality is that its hard to justify $100 for Liquid Light and Penetrator to make your cucumbers heavier.

On a side note I heard a funny story from one of the manufacturers about chunky perlite. It used to be the stuff that was too big coming through the assembly process. It was sieved off at the end and reprocessed. Then one day someone figured out that hydro guys like the bigger stuff, so they took what used to be throw away, marked up the price, and called it Chunky Perlite or Large Perlite for Hydro systems.

Food for thought.

:peace:

LMFAO! Beautiful Papa Green! :bravo:
I use Liquid Light + Penetrator and every time I spray it I wonder if the people that show roses and tomatoes use this stuff ?
I do grow rose bushes and veggies on the side but I cannot imagine using some of the hi end products that clearly target MJ growers on them unless it's leftovers.
I do however use Fox Farms' American Pride tilled into my garden soil and FF Peace of Mind for acid loving plants on a blueberry bush I have out back.

It's all cool, I could care less if people prefer one product over another. . .IMO they all work pretty much, even the black sheep Mir/Gro would work fine if dosed properly.

I was just saying, I wouldn't hate on a product just cause it is targeted at a single pheno of a specific species. . . the could be a reason why it works so well for that pheno and not for othrs. . . I'd have to try it first.

I started out with the whole AN line, and I have been slowly losing products. . . obviously I dont need them all, so I'm just trying to figure out what works best for me. Bud Factor X isn't going anywhere, I know that much. It definitely produced a better end product. $80 for .5 liter. . . expensive as hell, definitely not for roses. but I ran it at 1/4-1/2 strength so .5 liter lasts One grow or a little longer.

BUt with the obvious (to me) benefits, I will pay the $80. is it inflated as hell because of the plant i grow? yup, definitely. . . but. . . it probably raises the intrinsic value of my crop by 10-15% so . . . money wise, especially for those selling it, the price to buy it is nothing compared to increase in profit. . . so I know why they can charge so much.

Try making a tomato nute that increases it's intrinsic value enough to charge that much for it. . . not gonna happen. Thats why you'll never see a $160/liter tomato nute line. lol.

I'm a little bit late checking out this really informative thread but i will add my 2 cents.

I use Fox Farms nutes and the FF Ocean Forest Soil. I use Big Bloom throughout. I use the Grow Big 1/2 strength during Veg. I use the Tiger Bloom at 1/2 strength during flowering. I use the Solubles (open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha ching) at Full strength throughout flowering.

The only non Fox Farms product I use is the Cal/Mag (except for clearex).

I really went basic with my first grow but I am going to be making some additions to my next one. I will be adding some kind of enhancer to help with foliar feeding. And most likely some kind of molasses. I am still debating on the superthrive.

thanx for the innput.and I must say everytime I look at the poll it makes me feel great to have all of our family here vote and really help out eachother by doind so. +rep to you all!!

I'm a firm believer that no one company makes the best of everything, so I mix and match with what i believe to be the best after a lot of research about each product, to make a complete nutrient regimin.

I prefer Ionic Grow and bloom for base nutes.
Technaflora Thrive Alive Red for vitamins and such,
Am. Hydro Dark Energy for amino acids & Supernova for hormones
I DID use millenium Gardens Ruby Fulvic, but cant find it anymore and am debating Humboldt FlavorFUL or GH Diamond nectar.....Hmmmmm.....
Superthrive
Plant Success for beneficials (though I'm test driving OregonISM)
Technaflora Awsome Blossoms for late bloom development
Green Planet MASSIVE - also for bud development and size. contains gibberellic Acid.
Greenplant W-8 - Carbs, and sugars, ect....
Metanaturals Organic Nitrogen 16-0-0 - for veg and re-veg N boost.

I'm sure I missed something, but whatever.

It's kind of a mad scientists collection, but I'd be a fool to think that one company makes 'the best' of each product, so I like to mess around to see which give me better results.........I dunno, but it works.

I like the Fox Farms line up with Sunleaves guano, but I have found the tiger bloom to be a hard product to use for my setup. (outdoor, soil/planter grow) Its very tempermental, and it seems to throw my balance off in my grows. I have always used either foxfarms Ocean Forest, and I didnt have too bad of a problem, but last year is used the Happy Frog soil and even though its supposed to be PH balanced and limed out to help with the influx of ph's, I had alot of problems with tiger bloom and happy frog combo, and the buds didnt come out as potent...versus, ocean forest soil with grow big, and bat guano only...

First of :welcome: to the 420 famz. all. Unfortunetly , I've never tried Terra Bloom, but I will be doing research on it. Any info you can provide would definetly be apperciated. And thank you for adding to the thread.

I am now a Cutting Edge Solutions fan since comparing it to foxfarm. My nute soup consist of:

SM-90
Cal-Mag
CES micro
Ces Grow
Ces Bloom
Bloombastic (late flower)

CGs

Back
Top Bottom