A Sip Replaces A Toke With New Marijuana Soda

MedicalNeed

Medicinal marijuana users now have more options than ever.

Now that medical marijuana has been accepted by 14 states as a legitimate substance to deal with nausea, chronic pain, vision disorders and other health issues, a number of new products have appeared. The newest one is marijuana soda. Soda? It makes sense; the idea of ingesting marijuana (rather than smoking it) is nothing new.

The truth is that THC, the active ingredient in pot that makes it such a good pain reliever and anti-nauseant, can delivered equally well via smoke or food (or beverage!). And while smoking any substance carries risks (though the risk from smoking pot seem to be lower than from smoking tobacco), patients consuming marijuana are saving their lungs from possible harm. This is especially relevant for users with respiratory issues or asthma, as well as those who prefer to protect their lungs. (Regular smoking of any kind increases the chances of getting or keeping a cough.)

Eating or drinking marijuana also means the mental "high" from the THC is lessened and the positive physical effects from the plant are lengthened (and mellowed) over time. That's because when introduced to the lungs, the THC is delivered almost directly into the blood stream via the capillaries found in the lung's alveoli. When eaten, however, THC has to wait until it reaches the stomach and small intestine before it hits the blood stream and is meted out over a longer time period.

Several companies are currently offering fizzy pot drinks to those who hold a medical marijuana prescription: Dixie Elixirs, based in Colorado, is organic and available in seven flavors, including lemonade, sweet tea, pink lemonade, strawberry, orange, grape and root beer. Dixie Elixers is the latest entrant to the market, but not the only one. There are several other companies that have made sodas in the past, including Medicinal Beverage's Strawberry Soda, Chronic sodas, Lion Fuel and Keef Cola. Of course if you want to save money and you have a prescription, you can make your own homemade soda.

Some users prefer sodas because they don't generate smoke and are more discreet to consume. Mick Reynolds of Los Angles told WeHo News that he prefers sodas because, "It dulls the pain first thing in the morning; doesn't take it away completely, but it sure beats the alternatives like narcotics,” he said. “Those drugs all have side effects worse than marijuana. Because of [Marijuana pop] I can take care of myself. I am able to stand for a few minutes at a time, which means I can actually cook a fast meal other than frozen microwave food.”

Another company, Mary Jane's, offers a weed-free soda that has a cannabis-like effect of relaxation, and with ingredients such as kava kava and chamomile, it can be enjoyed by anyone.

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed:420 MAGAZINE
Source:mnn.com
Author:Starre VartanFri
Copyright: 2010 MNN Holdings, LLC.
Website:A sip replaces a toke with new marijuana soda | MNN - Mother Nature Network

Thank you for the shout out!

Keef Cola is 100% natural, non-tincutre tonic with 108% of your daily vitamin C, electrolytes, and Aloe Vera to enhance the medicinal delivery and effect.

Available in two dosage levels and seven flavors, with many more products and dosing levels coming soon!

Keef Cola is thankful to all of our Colorado and soon to be California patients!

Thank you for the shout out!

Keef Cola is 100% natural, non-tincutre tonic with 108% of your daily vitamin C, electrolytes, and Aloe Vera to enhance the medicinal delivery and effect.

Available in two dosage levels and seven flavors, with many more products and dosing levels coming soon!

Keef Cola is thankful to all of our Colorado and soon to be California patients!

Does it come in a diet version?
How about teas?

:goodjob:

420 Mag would be a good place to sponsor, hint hint :cool:

Keef cola natural? Pleeeease... I live in Co., am a patient, and have seen Keef several times. I am certain it contains (at least up til the time of this posting) splenda (aspartame, a toxic chlorocarbon Known to cause tumors or cancer in lab animals!), and artificial colors and flavors. This is why most people I know do not like or support your product. How is a Cancer Causing Ingredient 'helping' sick (and cancerous) patients? It's an oxymoron. Or just moronic. 100% natural? Typical marketing BS to fool foolish buyers into believing an outrageous claim. You should be ashamed of yourself 'Keef Cola'. That's like marlboro claiming to be 'natural'!!! You are not actually fooling anyone, rather making an inferior product that Real patients and advocates steer clear of because of the poisonous toxic 'natural?' splenda/aspartame,sucralose - whatever BS brand name you want to call it.
Boycott Keef Cola !! What you need is 'Real ingredients, for Real people, for Real health'! Feel free to use that as a marketing slogan, if you ever do get on board with your product. Otherwise I would rather support Dixie, Medifizz, Green Dragon, Farmacy (now a different name in Co.) or others who are at least more honest about their ingredients and have integrity and health behind their product.

Keef cola natural? Pleeeease... I live in Co., am a patient, and have seen Keef several times. I am certain it contains (at least up til the time of this posting) splenda (aspartame, a toxic chlorocarbon Known to cause tumors or cancer in lab animals!), and artificial colors and flavors. This is why most people I know do not like or support your product. How is a Cancer Causing Ingredient 'helping' sick (and cancerous) patients? It's an oxymoron. Or just moronic. 100% natural? Typical marketing BS to fool foolish buyers into believing an outrageous claim. You should be ashamed of yourself 'Keef Cola'. That's like marlboro claiming to be 'natural'!!! You are not actually fooling anyone, rather making an inferior product that Real patients and advocates steer clear of because of the poisonous toxic 'natural?' splenda/aspartame,sucralose - whatever BS brand name you want to call it.
Boycott Keef Cola !! What you need is 'Real ingredients, for Real people, for Real health'! Feel free to use that as a marketing slogan, if you ever do get on board with your product. Otherwise I would rather support Dixie, Medifizz, Green Dragon, Farmacy (now a different name in Co.) or others who are at least more honest about their ingredients and have integrity and health behind their product.

Keef Cola is made with real cane sugar.

Also tea's, shooters, and energy drink's are coming soon!

Oh yeah?! Since when? The last time I saw your product in my friends dispensary (less than a month ago) it said right on the bottle (as I was pointing out to another patient) aspartame. Trying to cover your ass?, or have you all of a sudden changed your ingredients - and they just haven't hit shelves yet? I hope so. Cause I'm tired of seeing so called infused products made with the crappiest ingredients...

I'm afraid your friends dispensary has very old Keef Cola, we listened to our customers and switched to Cane Sugar over four months ago!

Have he/she call our sales dept. and they'll gladly switch them out!

Thank's for the heads up
keefylabel.jpg

Well I gratefully stand corrected Keef! That's awesome that you guys realized better ingredients are crucial. Cane sugar rather than white bleached sugar too? Nice change. I will be sure to re-iterate this change to folks, and clarify with my dispensary friend! Way to go, and sorry for such negative scrutiny. Keep up the good works.

+Rep KeefCola
I look forward to your product here in Rhode Island but you would have to use a bottling company here due to State laws. I have heard many good things about your soda and the company glad you dropped by to give everyone the chance to get the truth. I am among the first few hundred patients in RI and we hope many more will step forward to enjoy the natural healing properties of Cannabis.
Class operation :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom