Acmpr growing my own

My first contact with a neighbour regarding outside cannabis plants:

Could you keep an eye on the garden plants while I'm gone next two weeks.

Sure she says, show me where everything is.

The tour included a couple plants that were not in the veggie garden, but nearby.

What are they? Asks the avid gardener who knows what they are not.

So I explain the medical license I have and the coming soon rec grow rules and all of that.

THey are kind of cute . Don't seem real dangerous haha.

Any way fast fwd a continued conversation: I brought her a couple of 3 node plants AND SHE IS GOING TO GROW THEM. WOOHOO

Long happy dance.. ....

Wind threw my jugs around. Glad I'm rural but wish I was 100 ft farther back from the road. That chestnut tree is a livesaver, view wise.

Attachments

• 20180629_175313.jpg
    20180629_175313.jpg
    921.7 KB · Views: 79
Two arguments I will use if need be:

In Canada you sort of can't wait until October to grow outside, so you. Have no choice.

Lol. Isn't that a bit like telling the cops that the only reason you broke into the local McDonalds and (cooked and) stole a Big Mac was that, although they were going to be giving them away tomorrow afternoon, you won't be in the area tomorrow so you figured, WtH, you'd go ahead and get yours a little early?

Entertaining, sure - but probably not a legal defense.

Which reminds me about something I've been wondering about: When Canada "goes legal," will all the people currently serving time be either immediately released or (if applicable) have whatever portion of the cannabis (plant, bud, whatever) that will be legal later in the year to grow/possess removed from their case, then be re-sentenced as if their original "issue" had not contained that amount? In other words, if it'll be legal to grow/harvest four plants - and the person got convicted of growing six - remove the four "legal in the future" plants and then sentence the person as if they had only actually been convicted of growing the other two in the first place? And, if the conviction/sentencing for such a lesser "offense" stipulated a jail term that would have seen the person released by now... then street the guy immediately?

If not... Then, no, the "but it'll be too cold to grow in October" defense won't fly. Probably wouldn't, anyway, unless the legislators have written it as being a retroactive law - using very explicit language.

On the other hand, I've lived in regions where cannabis was illegal - but a person kind of had to work to actually get arrested for it, if you know what I mean. I'd guess that the entire country of Canada is going to be like that this year, lol. Discounting the @ssholes, I assume that most Canadian LEOs have very little interest in hassling small-time cannabis growers, all things considered.

Where I live in Canada I actually have to go out of my way to be arrested, medical status ignored.... The driving issues is where everyone is going to have issues sadly.

I don't think I've seen anybody get anything more than house arrest for trafficking here. Far as I know they just rip your plants up and fine you if you're growing. A cousin had 300 plants growing in sheep shit on his property, tore them up and asked him what he knew, "dunno". That's all that was said and done. Even trafficking of cocaine and other hard drugs seems to come with only house arrest around here. A couple of my dealers when I was younger would be seen sitting on their porch 'cause they got caught haha. Either way it goes I don't think it'll be much of a factor in cases that have already been sentenced. You have to have done a lot more than sell, grow or traffic to warrant being put in jail here.

Which reminds me about something I've been wondering about: When Canada "goes legal," will all the people currently serving time be either immediately released or (if applicable) have whatever portion of the cannabis (plant, bud, whatever) that will be legal later in the year to grow/possess removed from their case, then be re-sentenced as if their original "issue" had not contained that amount? In other words, if it'll be legal to grow/harvest four plants - and the person got convicted of growing six - remove the four "legal in the future" plants and then sentence the person as if they had only actually been convicted of growing the other two in the first place? And, if the conviction/sentencing for such a lesser "offense" stipulated a jail term that would have seen the person released by now... then street the guy immediately?

Unfortunately, I think under Prohibition 2.0 (legalization) the penalty for growing 2 EXTRA plants is going to be tougher than it was previously for growing 6 plants when it was illegal.

Unfortunately, I think under Prohibition 2.0 (legalization) the penalty for growing 2 EXTRA plants is going to be tougher than it was previously for growing 6 plants when it was illegal.

I found myself shaking my head after reading that. OtOH, your forecast is probably correct.

"That's only ONE plant - it forked so close to the ground that I decided to cover it with dirt so it didn't split when the wind blew. But, yeah, one plant."

"How did you get one side to have really fat leaves and the other side to have 13-fingered skinny leaves?!"

"Old cannabis growers' secret ;) ."

Where I live in Canada I actually have to go out of my way to be arrested, medical status ignored.... The driving issues is where everyone is going to have issues sadly.

Is it true that people who use cannabis and drive impaired are already doing it.

No new. Problem here.

Gonna have to make those 4 plants count. Have you read anything about the penalty? I'm assuming a fine. Wonder if they let you keep your alotted 4 haha. "Leave me the 4 biggest ones please"

There is companion legislation that explains that stuff. c46 I think

Gonna have to make those 4 plants count. Have you read anything about the penalty? I'm assuming a fine. Wonder if they let you keep your alotted 4 haha. "Leave me the 4 biggest ones please"

Bill C-45 actually . . .

Individual possessing more than 4 cannabis plants that are not budding or flowering (clause 8(1)(e))

- Indictable offence: Imprisonment up to 5 years less a day
- Summary conviction offence: Fine not exceeding $5,000, or imprisonment not exceeding 6 months, or both

If I am reading it correctly, 5-6 plants will be a Summary Conviction, so a ticket.

Ian

Bill C-45 actually . . .

Individual possessing more than 4 cannabis plants that are not budding or flowering (clause 8(1)(e))

- Indictable offence: Imprisonment up to 5 years less a day
- Summary conviction offence: Fine not exceeding $5,000, or imprisonment not exceeding 6 months, or both

If I am reading it correctly, 5-6 plants will be a Summary Conviction, so a ticket.

Ian

If I can have 4 non budding plants, how many budding plants can I have at the same tine?

Cultivation, propagation and harvesting — 18 years of age or older

Production (12) (4) Unless authorized under this Act, it is prohibited for an individual who is 18 years of age or older to cultivate, propagate or harvest, or to offer to cultivate, propagate or harvest,

(a) a cannabis plant that is from a seed or plant material that they know is illicit cannabis; or
(b) more than four cannabis plants at any one time in their dwelling-house.

Punishment

(9) Subject to section 51, every individual who is 18 years of age or older who contravenes any of subsections (1), (4), (5) and (6) or any organization that contravenes subsection (1) or (7)
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and is liable to a term of imprisonment of not more than 14 years; or
(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable
(i) in the case of an individual, to a fine of not more than $5,000 or imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both, or
(ii) in the case of an organization, to a fine of not more than $100,000.

My first contact with a neighbour regarding outside cannabis plants:

Could you keep an eye on the garden plants while I'm gone next two weeks.

Sure she says, show me where everything is.

The tour included a couple plants that were not in the veggie garden, but nearby.

What are they? Asks the avid gardener who knows what they are not.

So I explain the medical license I have and the coming soon rec grow rules and all of that.

THey are kind of cute . Don't seem real dangerous haha.

Any way fast fwd a continued conversation: I brought her a couple of 3 node plants AND SHE IS GOING TO GROW THEM. WOOHOO

Long happy dance.. ....

You go Bear!

Back
Top Bottom