Actual flavor

Jhuck

Hey guys, been a while , my first two attempts failed miserably, I just didn't have the control over them that I need, because they are remote, and even if I had , there is a lot I have learned, ready to get ph, ec meters, tent, fans, nutes , all that, but I had to sit down for a little bwhile, prioritize other stuff. But there has been one burning question on my mind that I realized I never asked on here the other day. Does anyone truly get a long lasting really pleasant flavor from flower? Because I am slightly tongue def smoking menthol cigs too, but not much. I have been just buying medical because it is cheap and easy for me, but one thing I noticed, the dispensaries here in Florida , one in particular, love to tell you how a strain tastes like apples, with a light note of cinnamon, cardimon, a dank, sour, diesel fuel, with rotten black rubber and drywall spackling in hints, then a note of mango. And I get home with it, it tastes like weed to me every time! , Ok, actually some of them do have mild flavor, but usually it fades after a day or two, am I just more tongue def than I think? Have any of y'all ever had any hg or dispo that actually tastes like delicious desert, or some crazy flavor? I remember around 2012 or so, I had a really crazy homie, he brought some weed one day, never saw any like it again. It stank loud like fruit, through the bag, when you burned it, actually smelled fruity, when you smoked it, guess what? It tasted fruity too. He just said
"it's that fruity pebbles!"
And I happily paid twenty twenty a gram till it was gone, never saw anything like it again, have y'all? My Columbian friend say just bury peels and certain fruits with it in the soil, I honestly nothing he is lying,lol. Anybody really know to make my weed taste like breakfast cereal? I have noticed that sour diesel and chem strains are tasty and more enduring than indica flavor, or am I tripping?

Hey. jHuck,

I‘m a relative newcomer to both growing and 420 Mag…. however one of my early discoveries was with using fine ground cinnamon right from the kitchen spice cabinet as pest control which led me later to cinnamon flavored bud. (btw‘s I learned Cinnamon is pest deterrent but prolly not effective as pest killer by itself)

Anywho there have been detractors along the way that said this can’t be done…. and others who jumped in with an open mind. I’m convinced that flavor can be manipulated on a growing plant via soil, air or water or it can be manipulated after the chop

Anyway I invite you to take a look at the Flavored Cannabis Project thread in my signature line.… there are others who are interested in the concept too. We are just getting started but please jump in and read up then contribute to the thread….. it’s very short like 3 pages but we would love to have you join in.

so to answer to your question…… Nope you are not tripping!

Your post made me laugh out loud on the description of the flavors thing. It's all just hype, they will do anything to make people feel as if they are 'in the know' about something. People like to sell their products for as much money as they can convince you that it's worth :D

Genetics is probably the biggest key to flavor, my daughter buys one called Triple Scoop that is very fruity and sweet all the way thru a joint. There are probably lot's of good fruity ones available now, just hit leafly and find some strains that lean towards what you like.

Your post made me laugh out loud on the description of the flavors thing. It's all just hype, they will do anything to make people feel as if they are 'in the know' about something. People like to sell their products for as much money as they can convince you that it's worth :D

Genetics is probably the biggest key to flavor, my daughter buys one called Triple Scoop that is very fruity and sweet all the way thru a joint. There are probably lot's of good fruity ones available now, just hit leafly and find some strains that lean towards what you like.
Agreed.

I shit you not , I know of one seed seller that makes their focus terpenes, I have not made it to fill maturity with them yet, so can't comment on the two I tried, but they described several strains as having a flavor of black rubber, and one said rotting fruit, burnt black rubber and stale meat! I was like ick wtf is wrong with y'all ? THIS is the choice of a flavor focused company!??? Who even picks that strain!???

Pot growers are starting to sound like wine snobs! It's an impudent little bud with overtones of fruit and chocolate, delightful on the palate. Hogwash, it smells like skunk! (LOL)
:rofl: 100%

I shit you not , I know of one seed seller that makes their focus terpenes, I have not made it to fill maturity with them yet, so can't comment on the two I tried, but they described several strains as having a flavor of black rubber, and one said rotting fruit, burnt black rubber and stale meat! I was like ick wtf is wrong with y'all ? THIS is the choice of a flavor focused company!??? Who even picks that strain!???
Best of luck this time bud? Some nice straight up skunk smelling weed?

Best of luck this time bud? Some nice straight up skunk smelling weed?
Actually I'm not sure if they died off , or I still have one Oregon wine kicking, lost track till I see em tomorrow, but I was doing Oregon Wine ( says it tastes like cinnamon, hops, orange chamomile and lavender. Then I know I have three cordial skunk plants still going , is chocolate cherry kush and uncle Fester's skunk.

Actually I'm not sure if they died off , or I still have one Oregon wine kicking, lost track till I see em tomorrow, but I was doing Oregon Wine ( says it tastes like cinnamon, hops, orange chamomile and lavender. Then I know I have three cordial skunk plants still going , is chocolate cherry kush and uncle Fester's skunk.
Oh positive! You know, I've smoked a lot of bud, but I can't say that I have heard of 3/4 strains. The way it says the Oregon Wine should taste makes it seem like seeds should come in a Faberge egg

Oh positive! You know, I've smoked a lot of bud, but I can't say that I have heard of 3/4 strains. The way it says the Oregon Wine should taste makes it seem like seeds should come in a Faberge egg
Yeah , I was lucky enough to have friend with a limit so high she hooks everyone she knows up and has still only hit her limit for the month once. And I make decent money, I'm a house painter, the fancy kind though, not commercial or new construction,lol. Anyway between these two things I figured I'd just research the hell out of these strains, I have probably tried close to a hundred strains in the last year or so. Most are mostly hype, there is a handful of excellent standouts, and if they have seeds out there to be bought, I will give growing them a go. The one that I am the very most excited about are Bruce Banner 2.0 and Dr Grinspoon, if I could produce a good batch of both , and roll my grinspoon buds in BB 2.0 rosin, I'd be in hog heaven. Grinspoon supposedly energizes you and promotes intellectual thought, Bruce banner is highly pyschadelic and currently one of the world's strongest strains.

Yeah , I was lucky enough to have friend with a limit so high she hooks everyone she knows up and has still only hit her limit for the month once. And I make decent money, I'm a house painter, the fancy kind though, not commercial it new construction,lol. Anyway between these two things I figured I'd just research the hell out of these strains, I have probably buried close to a hundred strains in the last year or so. Most are mostly hype, there is a handful of excellent standouts, and if they have seeds out there to be bought, I will give growing them a go. The one that I am the very most excited about are Bruce Banner 2.0 and Dr Grinspoon, if I could produce a good batch of both , and roll my grinspoon buds in BB 2.0 rosin, I'd be in hog heaven. Grinspoon supposedly energizes you and promotes intellectual thought, Bruce banner is highly pyschadelic and currently one of the world's strongest strains.
Bruce Banner is a common theme amongst these :420:folk. You can search and find a plethora of BB grows. Grinspoon I have also seen on here. Like I said, both would be new to me and I am curious to grow. I have a bunch of seeds waiting but next time I order, I have a lot to think about. I am excited for you, they sound absolutely amaze balls

Bruce Banner is a common theme amongst these :420:folk. You can search and find a plethora of BB grows. Grinspoon I have also seen on here. Like I said, both would be new to me and I am curious to grow. I have a bunch of seeds waiting but next time I order, I have a lot to think about. I am excited for you, they sound absolutely amaze balls
Yes , I have flopped one BB 2.0, first attempt, but have five more, it is tricky because I am doing it a ways out from my house, so can only make it there every few days at best, and with running a business too, my auntie caretakes for me between, but at the start she wasn't taking any of it seriously enough, even my instructions,lol. But I have her on board for real now, waiting till I get tents in and one good grow at least under my belt before I even pop seeds on BB 2.0 and Grinspoon, but they are stored properly. Another great one to consider is Sin Mint Cookies , by Sin City Seeds, I have smoked a ton of that stuff , and for good reason, nice smooth minty cookie taste that you actually taste on the exhale, and a nice hybrid , thoroughly relaxed ,but not lazy high. They sell the seeds too, those are definitely getting a run soon.

Yes , I have flopped one BB 2.0, first attempt, but have five more, it is tricky because I am doing it a ways out from my house, so can only make it there every few days at best, my auntie caretakes for me between, but at the start she wasn't taking any of it seriously enough, even my instructions,lol. But I have her on board for real now, waiting till I get tents in and one good grow at least under my belt before I even pop seeds on BB 2.0 and Grinspoon, but they are stored properly. Another great one to consider is Sin Mint Cookies , by Sin City Seeds, I have smoked a ton of that stuff , and for good reason, nice smooth minty cookie taste that you actually taste on the exhale, and a nice hybrid , thoroughly relaxed ,but not lazy high. They sell the seeds to, those are definitely getting a run soon.
It's a serious thing. I have pages of shit for my better half and friend to do if something happens and I can't be there. I need 2. 1 to make sure sure the other is doing it right. Luckily I haven't had that issue yet so...thanks for that seed thought I will check it out!

Yes, it really one of the best out of a lot, of course , I am more Sativa leaning person by nature, I mostly smoke to keep me chipper and motivated, not aggravated in the daytime. I honestly started all this because she spends a ton of money at dispos, and I wanna get her away from that, she has serious arthritis though. So for her , more Sativa leaning is good too, but indica will be well represented too, I actually have blueberry and Alaskan purple waiting to be popped too. But obviously I love a lot of old school and landraces too for that reason. Dutch Hawain doesn't taste like much to me, not bad,not great, but holy shit will you paint a house all day with it,lol,has a very long lasting energetic high. Stardawg is fucking amazing too, and seeds are all over the place for that, not much flavor unless you vape it, but feels great! Blue Dream is great to mix with anything and give it staying power, blue Dream is a long ass nice high. The best dispo weed ever was Sophistaphunk by Binske! Taste great , and just perfect everything about the high, energy, euphoria, lasts, taste great. But it is just real Mac1 , zkittles, and London Pound Cake , three ferocious strains! Durban Poison obviously, I thoroughly enjoy Earthquake.

It's a serious thing. I have pages of shit for my better half and friend to do if something happens and I can't be there. I need 2. 1 to make sure sure the other is doing it right. Luckily I haven't had that issue yet so...thanks for that seed thought I will check it out!
It really is amazing, for me it just like god's perfect reset button on my patience, which I am simultaneously known for being the most chill guy ever to a pissed off Indominus rex in a blink when it boils over ,lol, honestly I just get really snarky, but my snark cuts DEEP,lol, but yeah, I go from " oh my god, if one more person asks me a dumbass question today" , to "hey , I love these people , ask all the questions, let's have a whole Q&A and chat while you watch me paint your house!" Like for real! I inevitably end up connecting with them, it's beautiful!

Oh gosh, I can see my seed shopping inexperience is losing me some fun :idea:

Oh gosh, I can see my seed shopping inexperience is losing me some fun :idea:
I just need to know who besides lifestyle submissives know what black rubber actually taste like, does the black taste different from other rubbers, and why the fuck they assumed we all know this

Back
Top Bottom