Mint flavored weed

Maybe I didn’t do justice on describing the scent bouquet there, but confirmation bias? come on man.

In that part of the reply, I was addressing your mention of the Purpinator product. Did I not quote that mention properly or something? It's just some nutrients dissolved in water, like the vast majority of nutrients that people who run "bottled" nutrients use. What I was getting at is that it only makes a positive difference if the plant can use the stuff in the first place - and, if that's the case, adding the elements via one's other stuff works just as well. Aside from that, it's people believing that a thing works because they paid money for it and keep reading... that it works. That kind of thing gets discussed in high school psychology - and business - class. It's not like it's any big secret or anything,

As for the cinnamon part of your posts: I cannot say whether you're actually producing cinnamon-flavored bud. Or whether some of it is getting in the air and landing on your cannabis flowers. Or whether it's just all in your mind. Or... some other reason, if one is conceivable. Ive neither tried feeding it to my plants nor researched what (if anything) happens when someone does. Ergo, you and, maybe Bob, should know about it than me.

There may be something to the VOC argument. I know that plants can absorb things like benzene and toluene in their gaseous form, in the same way that they take in CO2. Possibly via their root systems when it's in a liquid form. But volatile organic compounds have a low water solubility, so... IDK.

Why would only nutes or minerals be taken up, why not cinnamon or clove or bat guano or fishy ferts?

Uh... Microbes in the soil break down organic matter - such as cinnamon, cloves, bat guano, and fish - and excrete (secrete?) the resulting (to them) waste. That waste is in a form that the plants can use - as food. That's the difference between the so-called "organic" nutrients and synthetic ones; the latter comes out of the bottle already in a form that the plants can use, it doesn't have to be processed into microbe shit first.

This was on a Pakistan Valley from the well known seed supplier who is no longer here - they ended sponsorship earlier this year. No question some cinnamon was spread by air even tho I turn off all the fans before dusting sulfur or any dust. But I don’t think the air transmission in this case would be anywhere enough to flavor the bud. I do bud washing on everything and I’m not into the baking soda & lemon version. Mine is a bud soak 3 buckets with 5 gallons lukewarm well water, couple minutes of soak in each bucket drIp dry & hang. No way the cinnamon made it thru that in tact and nope I didn’t apply any cinnamon to the plant after the chop, that’s not something I would do anyway.

I took clones off the plant early on, I ran clone sisters #2, #4 and #6 (number of limbs allowed) none of that harvested bud had even the slightest hint of cinnamon at any point in time. I recognize this may be a strong position I’m taking here - didn’t come to argue or act like a big shot, I came to learn, to roll up my sleeves & help and to jump in with both feet.

Hey Tortured & Bobrown... really enjoyed this but I’ve got to crash & burn. I will pick this one up again soon (hopefully tomorrow!)

At first I was kinda baffled but the cinnamon was so prevalent that I’ve come to accept it as gospel. I’m going to do a another experiment when I get a pair of clones up to speed, this time I’m going to try using cloves. This is not groundbreaking stuff in my opinion but no doubt it’s cool.

Look at soy beans they can be flavored after harvest, you can turn soy beans into a thousand flavors from chocolate to chipotle, the only difference is I put the flavor in (cinnamon) during the grow. Dunno whether microbes or magic did the legwork - all I know is the results.

. could it be it’s taken up from the soil by the microbes and or roots?
guys can grow circles around me & you know this stuff far better than I ever will but I’m telling you this has been done, no question. No it’s not science - it’s totally anecdotal but that’s one leg of science right? experiment & observe then duplicate. I’m just reporting what I’ve observed from an experiment.

There's science and there's Bro Science.

Science uses the scientific method to reproduce the hypothesis which is your anecdotal evidence.

Run your idea on 20 or more clones of the same plant, same soil same everything. Test the outcome with something scientific; hoo-man taste.... only 1 person. Not that scientific. Hell even blind taste test aint science.

Lab results run the science. This can be tested in a lab.

Not trying to be a dick just sayin is all.

Hard to believe hoo-man taste test. That's like the opposite of science for me. Weed all be eating hamburgers if it was a thing. lol

Found this on a 420mag sponsor site, probably more bro science...

I didn’t think it’s bro science at all. I was trying hard to not use Neem, Spinosad or pyrethin based products even tho most of those come from organic sources, I utterly detest the scent of Neem. Anyway so I used the cinnamon for a loooong time during the grow. It’s not very effective - more of a deterrent than anything but yes I know you can flavor weed. Funny thing in the article they are just adding flavor a few days before the chop. I did like 12 to 14 weeks of veg and 10 weeks of flower so I know it was hit often and repeatedly with cinnamon over most of the duration of the grow,

I’m adding some external links pertaining to this discussion of adding flavor to cannabis. I don’t want to violate the terms of service here. The method they describe is done by starving the plant of water near the final chop and then adding an infused flavor like cinnamon into the plants water. I did the same thing by slowly adding cinnamon each week as top dressing.

If they can impact the taste of cannabis by treating it one time right before harvest then how much more effective do you think it would work if top dressed each week? I did this because I freaking hate the smell of Neem and was trying to beat the fungus gnats with cinnamon plain and simple. This was not an experiment other than pissing off the fungus gnats and trying to make them go away. It’s not that big of a deal in my estimation, I don’t need to make a name for myself, this is small potatoes and not science at all but I’m telling you it can be done.

Weed taste better
Flavored weed

this last one is internal link but you’ve probably heard of ona gel flavored bud? Yes? No? Point is this grower reports ona gel flavored bud because he used.... wait for it... he used ona gel. Just the scent transferred to his bud thru the air.... so if ona gel can flavor bud across the air... why wouldn’t cinnamon flavor the bud when used as top dress? It’s a rhetorical question... I know the answer and yes the cinnamon scent and flavor can be imparted on or into the buds. Of course it will take science and testing to confirm...
Ona Gel ... see post #78.....

Sure it is. I’ve done it myself. I had pests think it was fungus gnats might have been root aphids (mostly flying canopy & landing in plant & soil) I had read somewhere that cinnamon could be used, it’s not highly recommended or very effective but I thought what the hell. I misted the top of the soil and crop dusted with cinnamon, it really pissed of the buggers and they couldn’t fly off the soil with wet cinnamon wings. I did that for about 2 weeks solid and finally got some Neem ordered. I kept on crop dusting, I even put half cinnamon sticks pressed into soil. Later I noticed at the chop & even after budwashing the fresh clean strong antiseptic smell of cinnamon. I lost the scent after the low & slow curing but later after it was dried I could easily pick up the cinnamon notes from the buds themselves and in the smoke. It’s not heavy flavoring or 1 to 1 scent transfer but you can definitely impart taste or flavor into the plant material. The plant will take the scent and add its own twist to it. You can do it from soil, air, water even foliar - guarantee it. Air would be more difficult but grow plants beside a fish processing plant or a hog waste lagoon. You spend a week working at a fish processing plant you know what happens on the 8th day don’t ya? When you get home the first thing you do is lick the dogs ass to get the fish taste out of your mouth! Ha ha,

How do you think purpinator works? It doesn’t work until you open the bottle and apply it to the plants. I don’t even know if it’s ferts or foliar or just additive for watering but it’s all the same. Take that scrawny plant you were gonna put in the worm bin & try it. I’m sure it’s not cost effective to add crap to get flavored weed, and you are absolutely right some of it could potentially kill a plant and it’s not going to work on every scent but you can definitely use additives to manipulate the natural flavor. As you know so many flavors are derived from plants, something like 395,000 known plant species and about 28,000 can be used for food, flavoring & meds. If it’s in the soil then microbes are going to either die or live and the scent is absorbed into the soil and roots. I’m guessing the microbes carried it or the soil did. Im not sure how well foliar applied would work or if it would last thru budwashing, sounds weak but plausible.
Just reading back through these and realize something. If it is not common knowledge then it is therefore WRONG. Alternative ways are not allowed in this cult of marijuana growing. An ant can't move a rubber tree plant.

Just reading back through these and realize something. If it is not common knowledge then it is therefore WRONG. Alternative ways are not allowed in this cult of marijuana growing. An ant can't move a rubber tree plant.
Oh now… He’s not any old ant!

What are you on about, lol?

First, if your theory were true, people would be limited to wandering around in the wild, picking buds from whatever cannabis plants they stumbled across in hunter-gatherer fashion - because everything gardening-related that came after that was once... wait for it... not common knowledge. Second, a big chunk of cannabis users is comprised of some very gullible people who'll try - and buy - just about anything that Joe Chinaman has created an Internet ad for. (We call them newbies ;) .)

Also, why would an ant have any reason to move a rubber tree?

What are you on about, lol?

First, if your theory were true, people would be limited to wandering around in the wild, picking buds from whatever cannabis plants they stumbled across in hunter-gatherer fashion - because everything gardening-related that came after that was once... wait for it... not common knowledge. Second, a big chunk of cannabis users is comprised of some very gullible people who'll try - and buy - just about anything that Joe Chinaman has created an Internet ad for. (We call them newbies ;) .)

Also, why would an ant have any reason to move a rubber tree?
What am I about? This will be fun. Not everyone sees the difference between an opinion and knowledge. For example, there is no difference between organic and synthetic. This is knowledge, anything different is an opinion.

I have studied many things and there is a similar thing that happens in all areas. As we reach outward toward the unknown it crosses some imaginary line that others are not able to follow. THEN they attack you as a heretic. I got smacked down a few times for expressing alternative ways. I am not creating a new wheel but changing a few spokes. I have questions.

I was never sure why the ant was moving the plant. I think it was in his way.

I would imagine curing the real stuff with a few sealed coffee filters filled with washed fresh mint (inside the jar) would give you a nice hint of mint in the flavor.

You could try a light foliar flushing with a tea made of eucalyptus and mint leaves.

Back
Top Bottom