Add airstone to top drip system

Roots need O2 when it's dark too lol.

Ah yes, but I watch every watt. I didn't notice any changes when I went to daylight only operation so I jumped on it. Doing more with less keeps ya off the radar of Johnny Law!

airstones are a great supplement for the res in a drip system, I use em in waterfarms. If its powerful enough, it helps mix the nutes. More air the better.

An airstone story for you...

I set up my top drip system per the mfgr's directions. Of course, an airstone was not included in my "complete growing system".
During the grow, I discovered some "goo" in the system. I added 2 airstones to the system, but it was too little, too late.
So, during my first attempt at a hydro grow, all my plants developed root rot and eventually died (except for two I stuck in dirt).

While aeration was not the only cause of the issue, it was the major contributor to the death and destruction.

My personal conclusion... there's no such thing as too much air in your system.
While my res is quite small, I'm planning on adding 2 more airstones for a total of 4 airstones in a 5 gal tank. I have to deal with heat issues in my grow, so I'll always have to keep my system very aerated.

Cheers

An airstone story for you...

I set up my top drip system per the mfgr's directions. Of course, an airstone was not included in my "complete growing system".
During the grow, I discovered some "goo" in the system. I added 2 airstones to the system, but it was too little, too late.
So, during my first attempt at a hydro grow, all my plants developed root rot and eventually died (except for two I stuck in dirt).

While aeration was not the only cause of the issue, it was the major contributor to the death and destruction.

My personal conclusion... there's no such thing as too much air in your system.
While my res is quite small, I'm planning on adding 2 more airstones for a total of 4 airstones in a 5 gal tank. I have to deal with heat issues in my grow, so I'll always have to keep my system very aerated.

Cheers

I think heat mite have added to your root rot? it def causes stem rot.

you don't need airstones or even a pump for that matter if you use the "house and garden" nutes. expensive shit but work wonders.

Back
Top Bottom