Adding sugar

Bj3315

When adding sugar such as sucatant to plants, do I have to mix it with plain water or can it be mixed with the fertilizer? I use general hydroponics brand.

Molasses works great but always use unsulphured. if you use it in veg you will need to flush a bit more often or the grow medium can have fermentation occur which is negative for the plant roots but positive for the plant leaves. (Fermentation is the process of CO2 extraction from sugars which is a cheap way to add CO2 to your grow if you make a nice little fermentation set up.)

I use molasses outdoors from the start as it is a old farmers trick to promote positive microbes in the root zone which allow for better uptake of nutrients and the sugars add to the stickiness and density of buds in flowering. Indoors I prefer to start the molasses about the 3rd or 4th week of budding. Go slow at first to make sure the plants are not deficient in anything else because it will amplify an existing problem once the roots get chugging.

Often I will see a result from molasses the very next day on the bud sites.:goodluck:

Molasses works great but always use unsulphured. if you use it in veg you will need to flush a bit more often or the grow medium can have fermentation occur which is negative for the plant roots but positive for the plant leaves. (Fermentation is the process of CO2 extraction from sugars which is a cheap way to add CO2 to your grow if you make a nice little fermentation set up.)

I use molasses outdoors from the start as it is a old farmers trick to promote positive microbes in the root zone which allow for better uptake of nutrients and the sugars add to the stickiness and density of buds in flowering. Indoors I prefer to start the molasses about the 3rd or 4th week of budding. Go slow at first to make sure the plants are not deficient in anything else because it will amplify an existing problem once the roots get chugging.

Often I will see a result from molasses the very next day on the bud sites.:goodluck:

What are the ratios for mixing molasses with feeding water?
Sorry if this was answered in another post already.

Back
Top Bottom