Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Nutes

Bobzilla

A good friend gave me the latest issue of "Rosebud" magazine the other day. It's laden with AN ads. They claim their new recipes for Sensi Bloom/Grow and the three part grow/micro/bloom and a few other are all "pH Perfect". Meaning they will automatically adjust to the proper pH when added to water having a pH between 4.5 and 8.5. I'm intrigued. I've been growing without a pH meter without issue, but I'm sure that wont last forever. I've been planning on buying a nice new pH meter, but if this stuff really works the way they say is does I'd rather save the $$ and buy the "pH perfect" nutes.

Has anyone had a good experience with these? If you add other supplemental nutes will the pH still be "perfect"?

I'm currently using AN bloom A & B along with AN Kushie Kush.

I think the 'pH perfect' is misinterpreted, I could also be wrong, what I gathered on the AN page wasn't that it adjusts the pH, it's that their nutrients are chelated or buffered chemically to be available at a much wider pH range.

I'm currently using AN bloom A & B along with AN Kushie Kush.

I think the 'pH perfect' is misinterpreted, I could also be wrong, what I gathered on the AN page wasn't that it adjusts the pH, it's that their nutrients are chelated or buffered chemically to be available at a much wider pH range.

My interpretation of the info i've read is that they are chelated to increase bio-availability, but i don't think it has to do with pH. Here is a quote from an AN add in Rosebud Magazine:

"NEVER WORRY ABOUT YOUR pH! The formulations contain a proprietary 'smart' release of acid and alkaline molecules, called 'pH perfect', which corrects your pH to optimum levels automatically in your reservoir and keeps it there."

Note how the ad states "corrects your pH...and keeps it there". I don't think they would be able to make such a statement if these products were not actually effecting the pH in some way.

can a moderator with knowledge chime in on this subject? I say it like that because I really do trust this website and it's moderator's, even though I've gotten myself into trouble with them once, LOL.

A good friend gave me the latest issue of "Rosebud" magazine the other day. It's laden with AN ads. They claim their new recipes for Sensi Bloom/Grow and the three part grow/micro/bloom and a few other are all "pH Perfect". Meaning they will automatically adjust to the proper pH when added to water having a pH between 4.5 and 8.5. I'm intrigued. I've been growing without a pH meter without issue, but I'm sure that wont last forever. I've been planning on buying a nice new pH meter, but if this stuff really works the way they say is does I'd rather save the $$ and buy the "pH perfect" nutes.

Has anyone had a good experience with these? If you add other supplemental nutes will the pH still be "perfect"?

You know, I've been wondering the same thing.

I keep hearing about the pH Perfect nutes, but I'm not seeing them at my hydro shop yet. I did see this on another board that these are the products AN is going to sell:

pH Perfect Connoisseur Part A/B Combo Pack
pH Perfect Grow / Micro / Bloom Combo Pack
pH Perfect Sensi Bloom Part A/B Combo Pack
pH Perfect Sensi Grow Part A/B Combo Pack

Hobbyist Grower Bundle Box
Expert Grower Bundle Box
Professional Grower Bundle Box
Grand Master Grower Bundle Box

I think they're also being sold on the AN site, so that's cool.

Just need to plan out how I'm going to fit these in since I'm all about trying new stuff from AN. The only trick is that I want to use up what I have left.

But it probably would be good to hear what others' experience is.

Bump bump

I recently completed a DWC grow solely using AN products - nute & additives.
And I have read about the new line of "pH perfect" products coming from AN. But in reality, I won't completely trust any nute product to balance the pH.

My experience with AN products was very good. I called their tech service (couple times) and received very good info for my issue.

I found using AN products very easy and with minimal maintenance. My weekly routine was to pH balance the water first (5.2-5.5), then add my base nutes to the desired ppm. I often observed the pH go slightly lower (0.1-0.3) after adding the nutes, but I did not re-adjust. Final step was to add the additives. I don't recall seeing a noticeable pH change with the additives. During the week and as the plants fed, I would see a pH increase, sometimes >6.0. But by changing the solution weekly, I was able to keep the pH in the optimum range(s).

I rarely had to adjust pH between fillings, but I did have to add water daily as the plants drank a lot. The water used for daily refilling was pH balanced + nutes + additives. It didn't take me long to calculate how much pH down to use per water quantity, and thus my weekly fillings were easy to manage for pH.
Veg phase - checked the pH 4-5/week
Bloom phase - checked 2/week.
I did not have "pH swings" as found in many grows. Not sure if this helps, but I continue to use AN to this day.
:thumb:

hey bobzilla I am on my third white widow grow with the two part system from Advanced Nut. I also learned about the products in ROSEBUD MAGAZINE I have been VERY PLEASED with the results. I have found that in the late blooming days it is necessary to raise a failing ph but nothing crazy like I have experienced with other chemical programs in the past. The PH holds as advertised has been my experience I followed the suggest ratios on the package. I added in the second week of bloom 2ml per ltr BUD CANDY / 2ml per ltr OVERDRIVE/ 2 ml per ltr RINO SKIN................ I must say I have never had buds as large or as aromatic with as little work :morenutes:
MY OPINION IS YOU CANT MISS .....................
STAY SAFE and GOOD GROWIN
MR CLONER420:goodluck:

hey bobzilla I am on my third white widow grow with the two part system from Advanced Nut. I also learned about the products in ROSEBUD MAGAZINE I have been VERY PLEASED with the results. I have found that in the late blooming days it is necessary to raise a failing ph but nothing crazy like I have experienced with other chemical programs in the past. The PH holds as advertised has been my experience I followed the suggest ratios on the package. I added in the second week of bloom 2ml per ltr BUD CANDY / 2ml per ltr OVERDRIVE/ 2 ml per ltr RINO SKIN................ I must say I have never had buds as large or as aromatic with as little work :morenutes:
MY OPINION IS YOU CANT MISS .....................
STAY SAFE and GOOD GROWIN
MR CLONER420:goodluck:

I'm glad to hear you are having such success. I think I'm sold on AN and will be using their product line for my next grow. I notice you are from Texas. Did you order your nutes online? The pH perfect line in not available in the states yet.

Question for the Canadians out there:
Who has used this stuff? Is it awesome? Tell me why...

Yeah, I've been looking into picking it up.

I've heard the pH Perfect nutes are amazing and all the easier to use than the rest of the AN lineup is.

I mean, I've only heard from other people their experience, so I don't want to say that I have experience when I don't.

I'm just going to pick some of these nutes up and see for myself. I think you can get them off the AN site, if I read one of these posts right. Which is awesome because I know my hydro store doesn't have them yet.

Of course, I should go over there today and just check....

"NEVER WORRY ABOUT YOUR pH! The formulations contain a proprietary 'smart' release of acid and alkaline molecules, called 'pH perfect', which corrects your pH to optimum levels automatically in your reservoir and keeps it there."

Note how the ad states "corrects your pH...and keeps it there". I don't think they would be able to make such a statement if these products were not actually effecting the pH in some way.

Now what I would really like to see is AN release their perfect pH buffer as a stand alone additive, so that it could be used with any nutrient line. It seems the concept would be compatible with other nutes since the coated acid and alkaline molecules should react to their environment. I wonder if Big Mike would consider that, or if they want to keep it strictly for AN products only.

Maybe there is an opportunity for someone with the knowledge and technology to develop a new self adjusting buffer solution (unless one already exists that I haven't seen?).

That's a great idea. I would definitely buy it. A bunch of it.

Yeah, I'm with you. I hear it's awesome, but I'd like a chance to sample things for myself to see what the real story is.

Advacned nutrients is a winner in my book, so I wonder what others have experienced. A lot of talk here, but no real reviews.

Chime in users of ph perfect. Growers want to know. This grower does.

Does anyone realize that A.N owns Rosebud. They aren't allowed to advertise in Maximum Yield or Urban Garden so they started their own magazine. Notice A.N adds in Urban Garden or Maximum Yeild? Notice General Hydroponics in Rosebud? Nope!

Does anyone realize that A.N owns Rosebud. They aren't allowed to advertise in Maximum Yield or Urban Garden so they started their own magazine. Notice A.N adds in Urban Garden or Maximum Yeild? Notice General Hydroponics in Rosebud? Nope!

It's pretty obvious to me AN owns Rosebud. The countless 2-3 page ads give it away. I have no problem with AN owning a mag. There is still good info and interesting articles throughout.

I got my AN ph perfect nutrients yesterday (I went with grow/micro/bloom because sensi grow was sold out) and thus far all of the solution I mixed up has stayed at 7.1 to 7.3 ph. I was wondering what the more experienced growers thought about this, as I have always read and always been told that 5.5 to 6.5 was the optimal range.

The solution started out being a perfect 7.1 across all 5 gallon buckets, and now approx. 16 hours in everything is 7.2 and 7.3. I'm not sure if I see any signs of stress from the plants at this point, but I've taken hi resolution photo's to compare to tomorrow. Any insight is appreciated.

It's likely the nutrients you're using aren't the new formula at all. A lot of people think they're buying the new stuff because they've heard about it but don't know how to tell the difference. Are the words "Grow", "Micro", and "Bloom" at the top of the label or the bottom?

I'm not sure what you mean by a "perfect 7.1". If you're talking about pH it makes me skeptical that you know what you're doing. That's definitely not the perfect pH. Of course the new formula is supposed to perform well at almost any pH so if the plants look fine there's probably nothing to worry about.

Still, I'd recommend using RO water. The less work the new formula has to do to make things work, the better it'll work I'm guessing.

It's definitely the PH perfect stuff. It has the "grow, micro, bloom" on the bottom of the label and "ph perfect technology" across the top. I also had to order it from Canada because the company doesn't service the US with this product line yet.

"perfect 7.1 across all 5 gallon buckets" means that the PH of the mixture in every 5 gallon bucket I mixed was exactly 7.1. As I said in the first paragraph of my original post I've always read that the ph should be from 5.5 to 6.5, the reason I posted to begin with is because the PH that the solution gave me was so much different.

I'm using RO water, and at this point it doesn't appear that the PH perfect stuff adjusts the PH at all. I balanced it down to 5.5 after a couple days because I started seeing signs of stress, and just had to lower it again today. Also, I finally got through and talked to the tech support guy from advanced nutrients, and he said that the formula is supposed to balance at 5.5 ph.

One thing I plan to try is to balance the RO water to 5.5 before adding the chemicals to see if that helps, but I won't need to mix any more water for a bit. I'll post more about that once I try it.

Back
Top Bottom