PH perfect! - Do you mix and still stable pH!

boohoosmokes

HI

im doing some test at the moment .and so far every think is going to plan .im using ph perfect sensie grow/bloom .and im using buddhas tree pk .and great white .and was thinking of some others ..but will all aditives keep with the ph!!...and here is a vid i found and this guy seems to be doing it just fine...maybe soon .it will just be ph perfect cems !!! WHAT DO YOU THINK ,AS IM VERY NEW..and im doing my first grow at the moment? PH Perfect Proof! part2 - YouTube

Hi boohoosmokes, and :welcome: to :420: magazine!
Although I cannot help you with that particular question, I'm sure there will be someone along to help you with that. It's a busy place around here this week, with lots of new members. :)
Just wanted to welcome you and say have fun with your grow!:thumb:
Edit:
I see now that you aren't exactly a brand new member, so ...welcome anyway! LOL

I don't use those nutes but with the fox farms I use and some other additives I always ph the water, always. Usually it's already close and stays near 6.8 for me, but some days I do have to adjust levels. Especially with clones and young plants.

Hi boohoosmokes.

Since we haven't ever interacted, I'd like to start by offering you a belated welcome to 420 Magazine. :welcome:

I have to confess, I've read your initial post twice now and I'm just not sure what you are asking. The bold text below seems to be a question but I don't have enough frame of reference for what information you seek. Are you asking of adding nutrients will alter the PH of your water?

If that is correct, then I believe anyone wishing to provide a credible answer might want to know what "others" your thinking of adding/using.

Out of curiosity, are you growing in soil or hydro? Do you have a PH meter?

HI

im doing some test at the moment .and so far every think is going to plan .im using ph perfect sensie grow/bloom .and im using buddhas tree pk .and great white .and was thinking of some others ..but will all aditives keep with the ph!!

HI

im doing some test at the moment .and so far every think is going to plan .im using ph perfect sensie grow/bloom .and im using buddhas tree pk .and great white .and was thinking of some others ..but will all aditives keep with the ph!!

yes thats correct i want to know what kind of additves will knock my ph off. apart from what im using ....buddhas tree/great white/budcandy ;)

yes thats correct i want to know what kind of additves will knock my ph off. apart from what im using ....buddhas tree/great white/budcandy ;)

PH your water before as a base, add one nutrient at a time and PH test after each addition (assuming you will use more than one) then you will know

If I'm understanding you correctly, the answer is that any additive can throw off your pH if it isn't part of the pH Perfect line. If you look up the Advanced Nutrients products you'll see that they divide their additives for pH Perfect into "bundles" of 3 or 4 additives. So your base nutrients are what does the whole pH Perfect "thing"... optimizes and stabilizes your pH. Then the bundles are designed so that if you add those things as prescribed you don't have to worry about them causing an imbalance.

The recommendation is to run base nutes and the Hobbyist bundle. My guess from what I've heard on that is that the additional additives help to create enough of a base of chemical stability that you have better overall pH stability than you would with just the base nutes. Up to you if you think that's worth the extra money.

But as I understand it, anything that's on the pH Perfect list can be used with the pH Perfect base nutrients and you won't have to worry about them screwing it up. Anything else... could work or not, they don't make any guarantees.

HI

im doing some test at the moment .and so far every think is going to plan .im using ph perfect sensie grow/bloom .and im using buddhas tree pk .and great white .and was thinking of some others ..but will all aditives keep with the ph!!...and here is a vid i found and this guy seems to be doing it just fine...maybe soon .it will just be ph perfect cems !!! WHAT DO YOU THINK ,AS IM VERY NEW..and im doing my first grow at the moment?

This is what I just got back from Advanced nutes as my PH keeps staying at 6.8 even after I lower it
Good morning,

The pH Perfect System is a bit different than other nutrients, We have added Chelates, surfactants, buffers as well as other propriety ingredients with enable the plants to uptake nutrients in a very wide range of pH levels ( between 4.0 and 8.0) if you try to correct the

levels it will only try to go back to where it was. So once you mix the nutrient in the water just leave it at the pH it is at. The plants will continue to keep on up taking.

DO NOT ADJUST pH Perfect mix EVER!!!!

Big Mike was a friend of mine back in the day, and I grilled him extensively on this subject and he said quote; "if you adjust pH Perfect you mess up the nutrient profile and destabilize the mix".

Here is another point he made deliberately... he said even though pH Perfect CAN be used in any type of water using tap or well water has the same effect as trying to pH adjust it. He told me over and over ONLY USE RO WATER!!!!!

But this was his biggest advice, to get those huge bushes in the 20 gallon plastic garbage cans like in their videos, they use Sunshine mix #4 Advanced which has dolomite lime and trace amounts of calcium and Magnesium to counteract any shifts in pH and calcium issues. They only feed once a day and they ALWAYS drain to waste. This is very important because daily freshy fresh always works better than feeding leftovers for six days.

They start in rockwool starters, then to the 5" blocks, then right into the 20 gallon buckets, but that's only for a well balanced environment with lots of light and lots of CO2 (CO2 in direct proportion to the ppm levels 600ppm nutes/ 600ppm CO2) Someone with a less perfect system only needs 10 gallon buckets. He said that after transplanting in the bloom buckets, when you feed, only wet the substrata as far out as the branches reach, and when they reach the diameter of the sides of the bucket then start wetting until it comes out the bottom as fast as you pour by hand. Using irrigation tubes is a bad idea because of issues of nutrients sitting in warm black tubes.

In the cubes Monitor the nutrient amounts that come out of the cubes to get the perfect 300 ppm in /200 ppm out balance daily. Using between 1/4 & 1/3 of the nutrients at every stage before ramping up nutrient levels. In the big buckets you should be starting at 600 ppm and when the branches shade the rim feed till it comes out the bottom and see what your output is. As soon as you have 400 ppm coming out for 600 in then go to the 900. Etc.

Another point he made was that even though the bottle says one dose feeds all, this is not correct either. You can go by a less structured dosing schedule. Like 300 ppm then 600 ppm, then 900 ppm, then 1,200 ppm. But it is stupid to think you can feed 1,200 ppm to seedlings.

I've shared this with my friends who were doing med grows and they immediately started having more harvest than they had ever seen before.

pH Perfect works perfectly without all the additives they push on you too. All you need are the beneficialz to colonize the root zone in the sterile substrata, then continue the fresh daily dosing of the base nutrients. So many people mess up their system by trying to add everything in the AN catalogue and this is what made Big Mike so frustrated. He couldn't tell the people not to use the other stuff because it was his job to sell it but now look at his new venture, you can see he wanted only to push what is necessary.

Mix your whole weeks nutrients at the start of every week and keep it cool and free of contamination (with air filters on every air source), then aerator spray the substrat making sure nothing gets back into the reservoir and every day you will have the perfect mix for your roots so you are always on target. I've never seen a better system and I will NEVER tell someone to use a recycle system again! Yuck. I have seen this work well with drain to wast NFT systems but man that uses a lot of nutes.

Happy hunting.

Back
Top Bottom