Advice! Never grown before

ChristianV2461

420 Member
This will be my first grow ever......I’ve done some research and im willing to spend around $300 for the best full spectrum full cycle light I can get.
I will be growing about 2-4 auto flowers in a 2.5x2.5 grow tent.
Lights that I am considering:
Timber 2vl
BloomBeast c525
Optic 2
I really like COB lights. Would those be a good idea?
Please let me know if you might have any another recommendations

This will be my first grow ever......I’ve done some research and im willing to spend around $300 for the best full spectrum full cycle light I can get.
I will be growing about 2-4 auto flowers in a 2.5x2.5 grow tent.
Lights that I am considering:
Timber 2vl
BloomBeast c525
Optic 2
I really like COB lights. Would those be a good idea?
Please let me know if you might have any another recommendations
The Timber 300w Vero kit for $299 would be awesome in that tent. They are a sponsor here so they may even give discounts to members I'm not sure.

Don't forget to check out led grow lights depot for quantum boards as well as the new lights from Mars hydro. They are also sponsors here. They may also give discounts.

My first light but I don’t want to slack on it. Would a quantum board be a better investment?
One of the 300 watt Timber kits would not be skimping at all. With good cob LEDs like that you have the potential to get up to about 2 grams per watt Harvest if everything is in line. Same with Quantum boards.

Timber it is. I’ll be ordering that soon

So in all the lights, what’s the difference or effectiveness of having white lights to having purple/pink lights?
White cob LEDs along with Quantum boards are about the most efficient lights you can get. Another words more par, per watt used. The nice thing about the 300 watt Timber kit in your tent is that you would not have to run them full blast. If you ran them around 70% it would provide more par to the plants than you need and the softer you run the lights the more efficient they run. White lights have a more full light spectrum. Purple lights just focus on the Reds and the Blues.

Once I get the 300W Vero kit.... what would be the best frame to buy to hold the 6 COBs? How heavy are they?
Not very heavy at all. If you click on the link in my signature below this message that says "42 CXB3590 build" , that will show you some easy ideas I use. You can also look in the other link in my signature that says "fanleafs 6 plant 4 strain"...halfway through that grow I built a 25 cob array. Very easy to build.

I checked out Rapid LED and found the 2x2 canopy substrate. Seems to be exactly what I’m looking for to mount the Timber 300W Vero 6 COB kit

Attachments

• CC708B0A-B601-417D-B22F-66721581797C.jpeg
    CC708B0A-B601-417D-B22F-66721581797C.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 68
How many rail sets and driver brackets would I need for the Timber 300W 6 Vero COB kit?
should I get 2 22” rails
I was thinking 3 lights on one side, 3 on another.
And 1 driver bracket?
Thanks for your help!

How many rail sets and driver brackets would I need for the Timber 300W 6 Vero COB kit?
should I get 2 22” rails
And 1 driver bracket?
Thanks for your help!
I would do the same thing. Three on one side and 3 on the other. If you read through the first 10 pages I'm guessing of my 42 top build down in my signature you will see that after a lot of par testing I always recommend that the cobs be placed only one-third of the way in from the outside walls. The center of your grow area will always be the brightest and where light naturally collects. You don't want a whole lot of Shadows on the outside edges as plants grow in there so I always recommend the lights be placed a little further towards the outside walls to even the par coverage a little bit.

should I get 2 22” rails
And 1 driver bracket?
Thanks for your help!
Hey, check out page 35 of my 42 cob build. I build a smaller cob array very similar to what you are looking to do. That will give you ideas. And then a few keep going page after page after that one I build a slightly bigger one for a two by two tent as well.

Back
Top Bottom