Advice on harvesting mite-infestet buds?

JuicySoil

So its about that time ;)
I have a serious mite infestation in my grow room, been treating them with rosemary oil, and tried out some other products as well. But they are still here, and in large numbers. Some damage has been done, but the buds still look ok.. Im in week 7 of flowering, and about to pull the plugg one of these days..

My question is, have anyone harvestet with the mites still kickin it in the buds? If so what happened when the buds where dry? Can you smoke those little critters?

Hanging them upside down makes the critters head for the hills as mentioned above. That'll get them out of your prized colas and into the popcorn that you don't care about anyway.

Not sure about putting a fresh plant above. I know of something called 'magic bean' that attracts spider mites, but you don't have time to grow one if you're close to harvest.

I saw a guy once dip the branches in a milk/water mix when he harvested. Took way longer to dry and didn't look all that fun, but it did rinse the mites off and killed them. I'd rather hash or cook the harvest than do that, but it did work.

:peace:

Juicy: buy a HotShot No Pest strip at HoDePo for 8 or 9 dollars. Open the package, set it in your closed/sealed small grow space overnight with exhaust fan off. The poison gas from it will leave no toxin in your plants, only dead mites.
Bubble bags or solvent extract will be the way to salvage something. Don't, please don't smoke the contaminated (by mites) buds.
Next grow, be vigilent; catch & kill them upon arrival. Nothing natural has ever worked for me.
:goodluck:

You don't want to breath the in-treatment air, but the poison doesn't penetrate nor remain on the plants. I read reports, of which you speak. Manufacturing mishaps are a world apart from a night or two, used as recommended.

Besides, crop is already near total loss. A bubble bag wash should propaly separate trichs from the dross.

Thx alot guys, your help is much apriciated, im in europe, so not sure about a homedepot.. Do you know where to order over the net?
After this harvest, i´d better clean up seriously, all cuttings are already tossed, feeling so bad about it, but the two mothers gotta go as well..
Wash everything down, and then set up a couple NoPestStrips with nothing in there. Start from seed, back to 3 month before next harvest then, shiieet... :(
But hopefully without any pest, next time i´ll be ready if they pops up again, could you order SNS as well online?
On the other hand i´ll be getting some new strains home, so its not all bad, hehe.
I love this site, you guys are very kind and helpfull!
+Reps, Bones, Gator N WhiteHouse!!

Two varieties of growers: those of us who have spidermites, and those who will have them.
There is some overlap of these groups.
SNS - Sierra Natural Science is here on 420Magazine SNS 217 MITE SPRAY. Fed Ex does Europe, don't they?

Spitermites aren't inevitable. just keep your grow clean.

I know it will sound a little bit silly but 1 of my friend in Canada use to have mites on every crops he had for more than one year without successfully get rid of them and he was using a vacuum on the plant before harvesting. I wouldn't have smoke his stuff but it seems like it was working for him! Personally, I use a natural product name spraysafe as prevention and I clean my grow room with SM-90 after each crop. I foliar Spraysafe once a week and I didn't see a mite in a while.

Back
Top Bottom