Ahhh Crap, Storm Damage

Just wanted to give and Update: The plant that was originally damaged that started the post is doing good. Top cola is nice but the others are still small, It was a late bloomer. I'm sure the shock didn't help. It is however 7' Ft 7" In tall. :D

5GalSeed8.jpg

Can't wait till next spring already. We are getting 5 Sq Yards of Dariy Doo Soil in bulk for all our raised beds and the MJ grow.

Why.... Arrrg... Now getting hit with slightly larger than marble size hail. :nervous-guy:

As I was typing this the sky turned green. o_O I hope we don't get a tornado, watching for drop clouds.

Storm is over and plants are all safe. :yahoo:

Mother might be trying to tell you something
I don’t know what

But you had better pay attention..

A sturdy greenhouse would be nice

The days are cooling off and I can get back to working it. I haven't got much left to do on it.

I think this is so cool. This is a branch that had got the tip cut off during the branch incident. I love how the side branches took off and are creating twin bud sights.

Seed_8-bud-900.jpg

Just snapped a pic of the top cola. I think it will be a good yield even with the damage. Just goes to show, I guess, that you shouldn't give up on a plant even if damaged. :passitleft:

Seed-8 top cola.jpg

So I went to check on my girls this morning after a mild storm and found that a branch had come down on one of them.
beshock.gif
Literally stripped the branches off one side of the plant. The plant is in stretch and hit 6'9" yesterday. :.(. It sheared about 7 bud tops and two branches completely off the plant. I cut off the branches that had the heads striped. (No other bud sights on the branch) and splinted what I could save. I'm not set up for cloning and besides, the plant is not one of my better plants. (Over water damage)

Here are the Pics:

Storm Damage-01.jpg

Storm Damage-02.jpg

Storm Damage-03.jpg

Storm Damage-04.jpg

Repair
Storm Damage Repair-01.jpg

It is what it is, one of the pit falls of growing out doors. It sill sucks though! :eye-roll:
Sorry to hear Morda. I am on my first grow and had the same thing happen to one of my girls on the 20th.
I lost 2 lower branches, as I didn’t have them properly supported. They are getting heavy now and the added precipitation just put them over the top.
Lesson learned for next year and she seems to have pushed through the trauma.
Looks like you’ve done a great job of patching them up :)

Sorry to hear Morda. I am on my first grow and had the same thing happen to one of my girls on the 20th.
I lost 2 lower branches, as I didn’t have them properly supported. They are getting heavy now and the added precipitation just put them over the top.
Lesson learned for next year and she seems to have pushed through the trauma.
Looks like you’ve done a great job of patching them up :)
I did end up loosing one more branch the did not take and heal. I'm always shocked at what these plants can take and keep on growing. :)

Back
Top Bottom