Air con in a hot climate

used for continuous duty it will probably reduce the life span of the appliance, but that’s always been the trade off…. regular filter maintenance, clean it or weep….
So you need two units, in grow room is my naive solution. Any thoughts about how to setup in hotter humid regions like Thailand ?

AC works best and most efficient when its on and running. Turning off and on wears them down. So a proper sized ac unit for the space and conditions is best. Too large an AC unit it will be turning on and off... best to continuous run.

They are made to go a long while. Many years without service other than changing cleaning filters. If you're running central air same thing applies but annual maintenance/cleaning on the larger units.

So you need two units, in grow room is my naive solution. Any thoughts about how to setup in hotter humid regions like Thailand ?
I am wondering why the need for an air conditioner that has to run non-stop. Marijuana seems to grow everywhere the plant can find soil and water. It grows outdoors in Thailand which makes me think the problem with growing it inside is not just the hot temperatures.

Good air movement would go a long way to keeping the plant from overheating even if the air itself is not cooled. Transpiration of water from the plant would be helpful.

wasnt suggesting that you turn it off, and yes sir Mr Bobrown14 is correct they are made to run on continuous duty. My point was using appliance 24 by 7 reduces life span as opposed to one that is used moderately… you are gonna run it until it dies anyway right?

No help on grow conditions in Thailand but echo on what SmokingWings said above

AC works best and most efficient when its on and running. Turning off and on wears them down. So a proper sized ac unit for the space and conditions is best. Too large an AC unit it will be turning on and off... best to continuous run.

They are made to go a long while. Many years without service other than changing cleaning filters. If you're running central air same thing applies but annual maintenance/cleaning on the larger units.
Kind of a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" type of situation. It will last longer if it is not constantly cycling on and off. But if it is running continously there is the possibility of the coolant freezing up in the coils, etc.

Back
Top Bottom