Air con question

TheRocket

Hey guys I'm about 3 weeks into flower and can't get the humidity sorted. It sits at about 45-60%, temps are ok, tend to go no further than 30oc, night time humidity is the issue.

I bought an air con unit with dehumidifier but can't get it sorted. If I use the dry option on the unit it the temps increase to about 34oc, but if I use the air con to cool it's no good once lights go off.
The air con unit is a decent one but it's got an old digital button style on so if I put it on a temp controller it wouldn't work cause once turned off it needs manually turning back on

What's my best way to sort this out cause it's really bugging me lol

Tent is 4x4

Hey there yes Humidity can be tricky and when days are dry cool and rainy will change your room. I run a humidifier and dehumidifier so when the RH go up the the dehumidifier kicks in and when it drops the humidifier starts up keeps my flowering room 45% RH, Sounds like a nice unit you got I'm sure you'll figure it just have to play around with it.

Yes i see your problem. Ive had same issue. My solution was placing two humidity containers from local cheap shop. Im in Australia and they cost $1.50 each. Its a container with little absorption balls in it.
Cheap as and work great
420-magazine-mobile381526718.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1296174944.jpg

Sent from my SM-J110F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The problem with my aircon unit is although it has a dehumidifer you can't actually set the RH level, which is what's causing the huge issue, may have to sell the unit and try get just a dehumidifier rather than an all in one.
The unit it's self is awesome, but doesn't have all the functions I need, paid £40 for it, there £300 new. So got a bargain but unfortunately it seems it's not what I need lol

Light are off now and temp is 23, it's normally 21oc but I've had to closes some whilst I work on the garage just to stop light getting in, anyway the humidity is 37-40%, fantastic! But once lights come on later the dehumidifier will push the temp over 30oc.
I've been messing about with it so see what happens when the lights come on

Thanks Racer, out of curiosity how high was your RH? Mine rockets to 60-70% with lights off, hence the impulse buy of the Air con unit lol,

I just use a dehumidifier when lights are off & keeps RH in check when need be.

I'm using passive venting so the dehumidifier sits in the room where the grow tent is... extraction fan pulls air through passive vents which is suitable RH & all exhausted out else where, quite easy.

Lights off RH normally sits between 50% to 60%.

Lights on RH some where between 40% to 50% most of the time.

RH well over 70% plus is a bit more risky for rot problems the higher it is the greater the chance !

Thanks fuzzy, you have gave me an idea of how I think I need it... I'll see how it goes how I've got the unit it atm and if I get no where I'll swap it round, but get the feeling your way it how I need it

Back
Top Bottom