Air cooled 1000watt does anyone run these?

Diggler420

I was thinking about buying the ac/de 1000w hood. I just can’t find info on how far above the canopy is recommended. Just wondering if I am going to have enough height
My opinion I would buy a quantum board it use less electricity and they don't put off a lot of heat and they are better light

I was thinking about buying the ac/de 1000w hood. I just can’t find info on how far above the canopy is recommended. Just wondering if I am going to have enough height
I just ordered one and it's almost here. :p But the average height above is 2 ft, but I will still use the hand over my plant method, if my hand is comfy then my girls will be too peace. :cool:

I have Quantum boards
I'm using them right now to flower 4 sexy ladies
I'm seriously researching 1000 watt HID lighting systems for my next grow

Just because I love Samsung diodes and HLG boards doesn't mean I'm closed to different lighting options
Some of my YouTube heroes growing the biggest stickiest colas did so under HPS
I would like to see if I can do that

LED is all the rage right now and I get that
Lots of slippery people in that world too saying all manner of nonsense
Next time I'm going HPS, cause I can
and can happily flip the middle finger to China

What's the height in your space?

It's Double Ended, right? And air cooled?

I think you want to be able to have the possibility to have the light at least 18'' from the canopy.

I see a lot of potential stretchyness in some the strains in your signature, ~10' floor to ceiling should be allright, 8' or less and you might end up having top colas next to / above the light.

I have Quantum boards
I'm using them right now to flower 4 sexy ladies
I'm seriously researching 1000 watt HID lighting systems for my next grow

Just because I love Samsung diodes and HLG boards doesn't mean I'm closed to different lighting options
Some of my YouTube heroes growing the biggest stickiest colas did so under HPS
I would like to see if I can do that

LED is all the rage right now and I get that
Lots of slippery people in that world too saying all manner of nonsense
Next time I'm going HPS, cause I can
and can happily flip the middle finger to China
I've never used LEDs, although I have a buddy that does. I really can't see the difference from his to mine. I've used CFLs, for almost 10 years now, but my 1kHPS will be here Monday (or so says the tracking) just in time to finish these ladies off...1 on left is Barneys Liberty Haze (2 weeks into flower), 1 on the right is Humboldt's Gorilla Breath (3 weeks into flower) it was a free bean and some really powerful stuff, they claim 27% thc.....
006.jpg
008.jpg

What's the height in your space?

It's Double Ended, right? And air cooled?

I think you want to be able to have the possibility to have the light at least 18'' from the canopy.

I see a lot of potential stretchyness in some the strains in your signature, ~10' floor to ceiling should be allright, 8' or less and you might end up having top colas next to / above the light.
The perimeter wall is 8’ and the roof line goes up to 11 foot in the center of the room. I have a beam down the center, so I will have to off set the lights. I should be able to have the lowest part of the lights at 8’ above the floor. But towards the middle, I may be 9’ above the floor.
Going to have the tables/trays as low as I can and do a DTW with a trellis. Here is a picture of the room.

Also, I have not purchased lights yet. I was looking at the air cooled double ended hoods. I am open to suggestions to flower the 4x8 tables. I have only run 600 watt hps air cooled and a variety of leds. I don’t think I have enough height to run 1000 wat de but would like to incorporate some cmh or better lighting than the traditional hps air cooled hoods. I may have to go with a old school 1000 watt hps, but I would like to find options if they would work better in this size building. I have 3 tons of Hvac and have the option to add a 3 ton mini split

The perimeter wall is 8’ and the roof line goes up to 11 foot in the center of the room. I have a beam down the center, so I will have to off set the lights. I should be able to have the lowest part of the lights at 8’ above the floor. But towards the middle, I may be 9’ above the floor.
Going to have the tables/trays as low as I can and do a DTW with a trellis. Here is a picture of the room.

All right, so a 4x8 ScroG of sorts?

Could you break down the layout/intention of the operation a bit more, please? :)

All right, so a 4x8 ScroG of sorts?

Could you break down the layout/intention of the operation a bit more, please? :)
Using 4x8 tables with a tray, I can have three rows with 6 lights per row. Each light covering a 4x4 footprint. I could have more lights per row, I was just basing this on 1000w lights.
This would be a flower room only. Dtw in coco and the use of a trellis

thx for the heads up PGR
wow, that Gavita stuff is mucho deneros! :eek:

Yep, but that doesn't mean an old magnetic ballast won't work just as well, just less energy efficient.

Using 4x8 tables with a tray, I can have three rows with 6 lights per row. Each light covering a 4x4 footprint. I could have more lights per row, I was just basing this on 1000w lights.
This would be a flower room only. Dtw in coco and the use of a trellis

Ahhh OK now it makes sense :) Nice flower room :cool:

2x 1000w per tray would be nice.

I think these options would be nice as well:

3-4x 600w per tray .

1x 1000w DE on a light mover per tray.

(LED DIY build: +24x Luminus CXM22 gen3 COBs per tray)

You have a golden opportunity to test out 3 different setups, so that might be an interesting way to go :)

Back
Top Bottom