Air Exchange Help

dudewithaquestion

hello fellow growers. first of all i have been growing for a while but i have never had a air exchange issue or the need for an air exchanger. however i recently moved and now i have to adapt to my new environment which has a massive air exchanger already here which i plan on making use of. so i added a few pictures of the area i plan on building a shell of a room.

so the grow room will be 20 feet long by 12 feet wide and 9 feet high. the air exchanger is huge and all i will be doing is getting additional hoses so that i can re-route them to where i want them in the grow room without having to cut or damage the existing hoses that are throughout the house.

what i am looking for here is suggestions on:
- how would you setup this air exchanger? (i will be building the grow room around it.
- how many plants can i comfortably fit in this area. (i will only be using 2x 1000watt hps/mh grow lights.
- best type of hydroponic setup for these suggestions? (i currently use DWC 1 plant per bucket and each bucket is 5 gallon)
- also should i grab an additional small $100-$200 carbon filter / inline fan to put through that window in the pics to help with smell?

any help suggestions would be great. i mean im kinda on the road to knowing what to do and what i want. but i mean i love getting tips, tricks, help, suggestions from as many people as possible when doing this because i want my precious girls to have the most perfect environment while staying somewhat stealthy even though marijuana will be legalized in a month here in canada.

could be a nice space there. first in question to no of plants, i base it on how much light you run and not the size of the space. personally id do max 6 per light but preferably 4. Id go with 25litre+ fabric pots with coco coir as the medium and set up drippers. super simple and mega mega effective. way more reliable than scaling up dwc although that can be done too if thats your preferance.

as for extraction you want to be exchanging the air in the room 3x per min, it can work with less but then your plants arent getting super charged with co2 and more likely to have issues with moulds. as for carbon filter you need a filter thaty has a larger capacity than you fan, using a small filter you will burn it out quickly and it wont filter properly if air is pulled through too fast. id go for a 12"manifold 600mm x 1200mm rhino carbon filter in that spot or similar.

sweet suggestions. as for plants im starting out with 12 for now just until i can pick / choose the one with the best genetics then i will aim for around 24 plants 6 x 6 x 6 x 6 with 4x 1000 watt hps. as for smell / odor im not 100% concerned. marijuana will be legal in canada very shortly my only concern for the odor is making sure its out of the house so it dont get on clothing or fabrics so making the room air tight will be priority its just a question of what type of fan would be powerful / cheapest to get for starting up until some cash can flow for bigger and better.

Back
Top Bottom