All you need to know about how to feed in Coco

By the way guys, don't think I mentioned but it's officially the end of week 1 of funny funghus season in Scotland.
Got till the first morning frost in 5-6 weeks to get your commando gear on lads! Commissioned forestry is the best place to go, they only grow on one side of the furrows and around the edge of where light breaks the canopy. Just go up n down the lines then hit the light spots. Down the side of the wee river that usually runs through the middle somewhere.
Generally get manky but theres rarely ever anyone to spot what your upto as apposed to the fairly open and populated golf courses and kids parks lol.
Not legal any more to pick them mind though. Changed a while back so be careful !

By this do you mean you only grow one plant at a time?
I did for the next few grows mate. Gets a bit much looking after pounders though. They drink like whales and it leaves you constantly battling with the res levels. Trimming and training takes up a lot of time too. Im lazy these days though and just trying to get to as simple a method as i can :)

I did for the next few grows mate. Gets a bit much looking after pounders though. They drink like whales and it leaves you constantly battling with the res levels. Trimming and training takes up a lot of time too. Im lazy these days though and just trying to get to as simple a method as i can :)
Ah ok got it. Would love to grow a LB plant for bragging rights but I'm more than happy with 5-8 oz per. Definitely sticking to this method on my next run of thing
Glad I finally got caught up on the the thread lol

Ah ok got it. Would love to grow a LB plant for bragging rights but I'm more than happy with 5-8 oz per. Definitely sticking to this method on my next run of thing
Glad I finally got caught up on the the thread lol
Yeah I'm sticking to 5 ouncers these days too. Just easier all round. Can feed then pretty much the same weak nutes all the way through the grow without worrying about anything going wrong. Much less stresfull :)
I want to do a big one again soon though. Just to make sure I still can lol

Yeah I'm sticking to 5 ouncers these days too. Just easier all round. Can feed then pretty much the same weak nutes all the way through the grow without worrying about anything going wrong. Much less stresfull :)
I want to do a big one again soon though. Just to make sure I still can lol
Man the 60$ on nutes scares me my GH nutes trio is 90% full after my first grow

Man the 60$ on nutes scares me my GH nutes trio is 90% full after my first grow
Not sure what it costs me for nutes really. I'll try figure it out later. Used to spend a lot but after seeing through the snake oils and paying for lables it's dropped massively. To the point where its like £20 purchases a few times per grow.

Hey coco gang, I started using a drip system for my coco pots. it works good, and have it on a timer and all that. but the pH really drifts. from about 5.6 to 6.3 over night. I have to add a little acid to the rez to bring it back down before the first on cycle. a bit of a pain but still easier than hand watering every day. also i never hand watered more than once a day so it's nice to get multi watering going.

would anyone have any tip about how to keep the pH a little more steady?

Hey coco gang, I started using a drip system for my coco pots. it works good, and have it on a timer and all that. but the pH really drifts. from about 5.6 to 6.3 over night. I have to add a little acid to the rez to bring it back down before the first on cycle. a bit of a pain but still easier than hand watering every day. also i never hand watered more than once a day so it's nice to get multi watering going.

would anyone have any tip about how to keep the pH a little more steady?
Post a full plant shot mate and let me know your ppm and roughly how much in litres they're getting fed at a time.
Also what nutes your feeding them and I should be able to sort you out :)
The answer is probably weaker nutes and more volume but I'd need to know the rest before saying for sure.

Post a full plant shot mate and let me know your ppm and roughly how much in litres they're getting fed at a time.
Also what nutes your feeding them and I should be able to sort you out :)
The answer is probably weaker nutes and more volume but I'd need to know the rest before saying for sure.

the ppm is 600, tap water is 85 tho. using GH nutes 3ml calimagic, 3ml micro, 4ml gro, and 2ml bloom per gallon.. it's set to run 3 times per day and feeds them about half a liter each time. they're in 1 gal pots right now so there's lots of run off they're finally starting to look good again since i was feeding them too weak before.

my tap water is 7.8 so i'm wondering if there's anything i can even do about at all. my friend says the buffers they use are very powerful and i might not be able to keep any solution from drifting up like that. ( he works for the treatment plant )
20190819_172321.jpg20190819_172337.jpg20190819_172354.jpg20190819_172433.jpg

the ppm is 600, tap water is 85 tho. using GH nutes 3ml calimagic, 3ml micro, 4ml gro, and 2ml bloom per gallon.. it's set to run 3 times per day and feeds them about half a liter each time. they're in 1 gal pots right now so there's lots of run off they're finally starting to look good again since i was feeding them too weak before.

my tap water is 7.8 so i'm wondering if there's anything i can even do about at all. my friend says the buffers they use are very powerful and i might not be able to keep any solution from drifting up like that. ( he works for the treatment plant )
Hmm... Hang on a second here. That doesn't look like you're recirculating the nutes?
Are you saying the pH of the nutes is rising by itself without being run through the media?
If so then I'd say scillica is your best shot. Jumps it up a bit so takes a bit more pH down to get it ready but it shouldn't move afterwards. Mines doesnt anyway.
Feed strength is spot on though and they look happy as can be so if you do get any wierd symptoms at all just up the volume and it will sort itself out. Shouldn't need to go much stronger, if at all :)

I'm sure I've actually mentioned somewhere here that I don't use scillica in my res during bloom because it keeps it too stable for my liking.
It's an awesome product. Can't recommend it enough for hydro growing.
Roots love it, plants love it, bugs hate it, win win and a £10 bottle makes 3000 litres :)

Hmm... Hang on a second here. That doesn't look like you're recirculating the nutes?
Are you saying the pH of the nutes is rising by itself without being run through the media?
If so then I'd say scillica is your best shot. Jumps it up a bit so takes a bit more pH down to get it ready but it shouldn't move afterwards. Mines doesnt anyway.
Feed strength is spot on though and they look happy as can be so if you do get any wierd symptoms at all just up the volume and it will sort itself out. Shouldn't need to go much stronger, if at all :)

right on i have some armor si i can use. I'll try that out. and yea it's just a sitting rez with an air stone.

Thanks Barn

right on i have some armor si i can use. I'll try that out. and yea it's just a sitting rez with an air stone.

Thanks Barn

Thanks Barn
That was handy wasn't it lol.
Always add scillica first and give it a good stir before adding anything else mate.
It can react with various things in various ways so needs to be fully diluted first.
Crystallises if you mix it straight with pH down and burns shit outa your skin lol.

The full strength dose should be right though.
Mix it up.
Then add the nutes and the calmag last.
Then stir again and stand in awe as it takes 25 more drops of pH down to get it moving lol.
Awesome stuff though its worth the extra couple minutes fixing the batch when you make it.

That was handy wasn't it lol.
Always add scillica first and give it a good stir before adding anything else mate.
It can react with various things in various ways so needs to be fully diluted first.
Crystallises if you mix it straight with pH down and burns shit outa your skin lol.

The full strength dose should be right though.
Mix it up.
Then add the nutes and the calmag last.
Then stir again and stand in awe as it takes 25 more drops of pH down to get it moving lol.
Awesome stuff though its worth the extra couple minutes fixing the batch when you make it.

I'll order more ph down lol

Where does the run off go?

Back
Top Bottom