All you need to know about how to feed in Coco

Oh wow actually thought I was a gonner there. Got an infection in my leg and my whole body went bright red, couldn't breath, big mad blotches all over me.
Turns out I need to stop drinking. Thank fuck. Thought it was sepsis as I'm on the look out for it just now. Need to reassess my life choices lol.

Quitting drinking was the best thing i ever did. I grew up in a tiny bush town so that's all you do when you're young, and for most here it follows for life. my best bud just quit not long ago. he says to me " wow i actually sleep through the night now, it's been like 2 weeks since i've woken up in the middle of doing some chore" I'm just like WTF?! lmao. sleep chores can't be the worst thing, but chrones or whatever the shit pipe disease is called was the one that forced him.

for me i was super lonely for a bit and started playing world of warcraft lol. i liked it so much that in order to be a better player and get into a good guild i quit drinking. this was like 15 years ago. I do smoke close to half oz a week tho.

now growing weed has cured me of my video game problem lol.

I hope you find it in you to just drop it bro. it might be hard but you have so much weed to smoke instead.

Quitting drinking was the best thing i ever did. I grew up in a tiny bush town so that's all you do when you're young, and for most here it follows for life. my best bud just quit not long ago. he says to me " wow i actually sleep through the night now, it's been like 2 weeks since i've woken up in the middle of doing some chore" I'm just like WTF?! lmao. sleep chores can't be the worst thing, but chrones or whatever the shit pipe disease is called was the one that forced him.

for me i was super lonely for a bit and started playing world of warcraft lol. i liked it so much that in order to be a better player and get into a good guild i quit drinking. this was like 15 years ago. I do smoke close to half oz a week tho.

now growing weed has cured me of my video game problem lol.

I hope you find it in you to just drop it bro. it might be hard but you have so much weed to smoke instead.
Gonna have to stop the puff soon too :(
Going for some plant tickets so I'll get drug tested every other site I go to. Fail one and you get put on a database that blocks you from hundreds of company's sites. Not worth the risk.
Not lookin forward to it like. Never slept for 6 months the last time I quit the puff. Also the reason my drinking went through the roof.
Back to bed now though, see if I can sleep the rest of this off :)
See y'all later on

Oh wow actually thought I was a gonner there. Got an infection in my leg and my whole body went bright red, couldn't breath, big mad blotches all over me.
Turns out I need to stop drinking. Thank fuck. Thought it was sepsis as I'm on the look out for it just now. Need to reassess my life choices lol.
good to hear it wasn't the worst brother !

sounds like you need to grow put some more plants in your grow as well as different strain and start smoking more cannabis !

Hey can you even be considered Scottish if you don't drink? If not it sounds like you may have to rethink nationalities ! lol

Gonna have to stop the puff soon too :(
Going for some plant tickets so I'll get drug tested every other site I go to. Fail one and you get put on a database that blocks you from hundreds of company's sites. Not worth the risk.
Not lookin forward to it like. Never slept for 6 months the last time I quit the puff. Also the reason my drinking went through the roof.
Back to bed now though, see if I can sleep the rest of this off :)
See y'all later on
you will be okay brother … most drug tests test for specifc amounts of thc ...maybe you would like and be fine with something like charlottes angel by dutch passion average is .7 % thc to umm 15 % cbd ...never tests higher than 1% thc .

Thanks for the info @Barney86 ...

So I picked up on the major points ... pot size, ppm nutrient strength, pH and pH drift ... etc.

I know that soil can buffer tap water ...

I am thinking I can start feeding with tap water and adjust the pH if it's too hard ... or do many people just start off with RO systems?

Thanks again ...

I started with RO and had problems lol. my tap water has a ppm of 70-80 so i started using it and haven't considered anything else. i just let 10 gallons sit on the counter top to let some of the chlorine gas off.

I started with ro but had to drive and buy it so I tried my tap water. Starting ppms in the 250's.:straightface:
Had to use around 12ml to bring 5 gals down to 5.5ph. My girls didn't like it leaves started turning yellow around edges and the bigger fan leaves started turning rusty color then more yellow.

I flushed with ro ph down to 5.5 then continued with ro and they loved it became all green healthy again

I started with ro but had to drive and buy it so I tried my tap water. Starting ppms in the 250's.:straightface:
Had to use around 12ml to bring 5 gals down to 5.5ph. My girls didn't like it leaves started turning yellow around edges and the bigger fan leaves started turning rusty color then more yellow.

I flushed with ro ph down to 5.5 then continued with ro and they loved it became all green healthy again
Shit that really sucks. I can't imagine that water is very good to drink then.

Thanks for the info @Barney86 ...

So I picked up on the major points ... pot size, ppm nutrient strength, pH and pH drift ... etc.

I know that soil can buffer tap water ...

I am thinking I can start feeding with tap water and adjust the pH if it's too hard ... or do many people just start off with RO systems?

Thanks again ...
Sorry mate had a busy week here and neglected my own threads.
Just to clarify, are you growing In soil?
If you are then you don't want to be listening to a word of this lol.

That sounds a bit like lockout mate. You weren't adding calmag to the already heavily calmag'd tap water were you?
That would cause similar symptoms to what you described.
Lots of people in England have harder water than that and none of them use ro. They just buy hard water nutes and lay off the calmag.
Just suggesting an alternative for thought :)

When I used the tap water i did cut back on cal mag alot because my water report shows 33. Something mg1 of calcium and 6.1mg1 of magnesium, but it also has a bunch of sodium and sulfate from all the oil drilling in the area.

The little bit i did add could of been to much like u said. But it was like 1/10th of what i use in ro water.

Maybe ill try again but test it out on the broccoli first.:rolleyes:

When I used the tap water i did cut back on cal mag alot because my water report shows 33. Something mg1 of calcium and 6.1mg1 of magnesium, but it also has a bunch of sodium and sulfate from all the oil drilling in the area.

The little bit i did add could of been to much like u said. But it was like 1/10th of what i use in ro water.

Maybe ill try again but test it out on the broccoli first.:rolleyes:
Oh wow, your tap water isn't even treated? That's mental mate.
Was speaking to a guy the other day who had to pay for his own water well!!
Not just the water but actually the well to get it.
Mines comes from recycled house water and it's as clean as it gets. Costs about £1 a day regardless of how much I use. It's built into our council tax rates.
If ground works is effecting the quality of it then I wouldn't be drinking it iether.
Do you pay for that water?
My entire country (Scotland) would just flat out stop paying for it if the quality dropped anything below excellent.
The English put up with it but not us.
Council want us to pay tax then by law the water has to be top quality :)

Oh wow, your tap water isn't even treated? That's mental mate.
Was speaking to a guy the other day who had to pay for his own water well!!
Not just the water but actually the well to get it.
Mines comes from recycled house water and it's as clean as it gets. Costs about £1 a day regardless of how much I use. It's built into our council tax rates.
If ground works is effecting the quality of it then I wouldn't be drinking it iether.
Do you pay for that water?
My entire country (Scotland) would just flat out stop paying for it if the quality dropped anything below excellent.
The English put up with it but not us.
Council want us to pay tax then by law the water has to be top quality :)

god i wish canadians had the same attitude. our government screws us every day of our lives and we lick their boots for it. it's disgusting and i'd love to live on the other side of the pond. most European people really seem to have their shit together. ( forgive me if i lump all those countries into one group ) lol.

Oh no it is treated
Screenshot_20190817-203645_Drive.jpg

Oh no it is treated
Screenshot_20190817-203645_Drive.jpg
And still it's effected by ground works. That's pretty grim mate. How come I never see people saying their dodgy tap water makes then I'll? Do yous just get used to it ?
Now that I think about it actually, We can't drink the water when we go to a lot of places in Europe cos it makes us Ill but the locals are alright with it.
Guess different nations just evolve a little differently to deal with it.
Hmm .. oh look, a rabbit hole lol....

Hmm .. oh look, a rabbit hole lol....
I was looking at the run off last night because im trying to reuse my water, im splitting 5gal between two 5+gallon diy pots that drain back to another 5gal bucket.
My ph has been going in 5.5s and come out 6.3-6.4 ppms stay close to same 450's. :hmmmm:My mistake might be the dang pillow case I used in my diy pots. Our laundry gets washed with plenty of items that keep our clothes smelling fresh for a very long time. I seen this film on top of the run off water. Is this comon for run off in a recirculating system.

I was looking at the run off last night because im trying to reuse my water, im splitting 5gal between two 5+gallon diy pots that drain back to another 5gal bucket.
My ph has been going in 5.5s and come out 6.3-6.4 ppms stay close to same 450's. :hmmmm:My mistake might be the dang pillow case I used in my diy pots. Our laundry gets washed with plenty of items that keep our clothes smelling fresh for a very long time. I seen this film on top of the run off water. Is this comon for run off in a recirculating system.
Feed more often and in higher volume mate. That will make the pH behave a bit better. Film ontop of the water doesn't sound great but I've had it and it's never gave me grief. Would keep an eye on it though. The smell is usually the first giveaway if the nutes are off. If it gets wiffy change them out.
Not sure about the pillow case though. Might be a drama , might not.
Funilly enough I've never wondered what would happen if I fed them fabric softener lol

Live n learn trial n error
Right now I water 2 1/2 gallons per plant twice a day and reuse just the once a day. My girls are healthy and growing like a weed. Im just going threw water like crazy. Im transitioning back to my 3 gallon fabric pots, I don't want no sea breeze kush:rofl:
Also to try to stretch out my water reserves till I get a handle on reusing it.

Thank you barney for sharing your knowledge
It has made a noticeable impact on my girls.

Back
Top Bottom