Almost killed her! need help getting her back to health!

1stmanny

Hi all. First thing, I dont know??, How this girl is still alive?? but she is still here !! she is a fighter!! So iam tring to save her, she is an LSD fem seed plant from barneys farm, she is abt 4 weeks old, an so ugly !! i have no clue what i did to this girl, but i kill a few of her , i think most by over watering an to much feeding them!! for most reason the she feel dry an crispy to the touch, So can you please look at her an tell me what you think ??? as aways all help is welcome, thank you !!

Strain - barneys farm lsd fem.
# of Plants - 3
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 10 inchs
Lights - 1 600 Watt HPS
Nutrients - fox farm
Medium - fox farm ocean
Medium - ??
PH - 6.5
RH - 35-50
Room Temperature -68 to 75
Room Square Footage - 5' x 5' grow tent
Pests - None that i know of
sister
18614.JPG
18417.JPG
18317.JPG

Re: almost kill her!! need help getting her back to health!!

She looks like she is ODing on nitrogen. You shouldnt of been feeding during those 4 weeks at all since you are using a soil that is already hot in nutrients.

So flush your soil with PH 6.5 water and then wait till soil is dry before you water again.

Hi Manny, Welcome to 420magazine. I am no pro and just completed my second grow but from the looks of the pics, your baby looks a little over watered. I know you said the soil feels dry but how does the pot feel? When you pick it up is it light or heavy? And when you water, are you watering til you see run off? I see a little bit of yellowing, not sure if it is from the light or your plant has a little nitrogen deficiency? But here is a few links for you to look at til someone else comes along....

How does plant nutrient metabolism work?

Plant Abuse Chart

Plant Moisture Stress - Symptoms and Solutions

Are the leaf tips curling up? Do the leaves have yellow margins?

Iam sorry, i mean the leafs feel dry an crispy, like paper. and the shape of the leafs are funny, an there all curled and bending downward i have been over watering her,but i got that undercontrol now, Iam going to post a few more better pics of her. maybe this can helpall of you, help me. I just want to thank everyone thats tring to help me , Iam girl must hate me!! I happy that plants can talk, LOL :)

008582.JPG
003848.JPG
002900.JPG
leafs

You're a girl? Great, we need even more divas around here. There's a few of us here. Did you check the links I provided? What is your ph levels or temps like in your growing area? This has made my leaves bend and twist in the past. Good luck and keep us posted.

Puffpuff's advice was on the money!!!!! Thanks Puffpuff' an everyone that tried to help me !!!!! :)!! The reason that i know he`s right, Is cuz all the ladys, that i transplanted in to fox farm ocean spoil an i gave a feeding of grow big an big bloom all at the same time are the one`s that are sick !! :( !!, I learned not to fully follow the feeding schedule!! an less is more when it comes to feeding an watering !! now the soil is nolonger hot !! its on fire !! i should just call the fire dept to flush them for me!! lol :) but iam dont sure the ph of the water being used by them is 6.3. an thank you all !!

hi i just wanted to ask you about flushing a 3 gal. pot, about how must water do i need to uesd, an thank you for all the help,

Hey Manny (or is it Mandy?),

PuffPuff's right on the money!

On another thread about overwatering and overfertilization, someone said,

"Don't love her too much."

These plants need just a small amount of fertilizer (once a week is enough) and need to dry out between waterings.

QueenTokeLove said you should let the pots dry out until they are easy to lift. When you let the pots dry out, oxygen can reach the roots. Without oxygen, the roots will start to die.

So, with a pot the size you're using, watering once every 2 - 3 days should be fine. When you see curling under like that, it means you're overwatering (it can also be a sign of underwatering, but not in your case!).

If you haven't flushed her yet, follow PuffPuff's advice and use 2 - 3 times the pot's volume. After you've flushed her, water with 1/2 strength nutrient mix and don't water again until the pot feels light. You should almost be able to lift the pot by one edge using two fingers.

You can also add 1 tsp per gallon of 3% hydrogen peroxide to the 1/2 strength fertilzer solution. Hydrogen peroxide slowly releases oxygen into the soil, which is what the roots need. You can use this mild hydrogen peroxide bath any time you want. It's basically a way of adding oxygen to the water, like the way that an aerator does in a fish tank.

Back
Top Bottom