Alpaca poop during flower indoors

On the Fence

My neighbor has Alpaca's and she was going to try her first grow and asked about the poop.
I gave her 2 Sour Diesel clones.
How should it be used and can it be used in flower as I have a plant 5weeks in flower and she is doing fine as is but should I use any now?
We have a worm bin too but I don't use anything in my grow that might bring in critters.
I have heard of tea but how to make it?

I have heard of tea but how to make it?
Most manures need to be aged for a month to several months before they can be used. Some can be used immediately. You will have to look up about this Alpaca manure. I believe that the Alpaca is pretty much OK as is and fresh but look it up to be sure.

As to the Manure Tea that is something else you can research on your own. Read up on the basics and then the different ways of doing it. Pick the one that fits in with your style of grow. Just sit down with a desktop or laptop (trying to use a phone is conterproductive at times) and google "Manure Tea" and start reading.

If you want you can google " Manure Tea 420magazine" and you will get suggested links to this message board possibly going back several years.

Is there too much N for Flower is mostly the question?
It is my understanding that Alpaca doesn't need to be aged or composted.
The plants require more Nitrogen during flowering than many people had thought. Recently some of the major fertilizer brands are mixing their fertilizers with higher levels of N in their bloom mixes or recommending higher amounts of fertilizer for the flowering stage if they have a start to finish blend.

Smoking Wings nailed it….. rabbit, alpaca and llama are unique in that they all can be used without composting….

At 5 weeks in flower it’s kinda late for using as top dress so yes making a tea is perhaps best way, however I’m guessing your chicks might need more PK to go along with the N since you are in mid flower.

Smoking Wings nailed it….. rabbit, alpaca and llama are unique in that they all can be used without composting….

At 5 weeks in flower it’s kinda late for using as top dress so yes making a tea is perhaps best way, however I’m guessing your chicks might need more PK to go along with the N since you are in mid flower.
I am using Botanicare Bloom 1-4-5 full strength every other watering. I hate messing with something that is working for me being I am new at indoor and Nutes in general. I'll look into tea and how to make it but for me I am KISS for the most part. Let her use her shit as I just don't see how to control amounts needed. It is pretty simple to follow directions on a bottle and then adjust PH.
For her first grow ever I would just KISS it but that is me, she is probably trying to save a buck.

IMG_20220907_080523742.jpg

The plants require more Nitrogen during flowering than many people had thought. Recently some of the major fertilizer brands are mixing their fertilizers with higher levels of N in their bloom mixes or recommending higher amounts of fertilizer for the flowering stage if they have a start to finish blend.
Maybe I should switch bottle nutes? I'm using 1-4-5 or try to add some shit tea. I'm scared, I have had die offs before when I added nutes and was lucky to have saved it. Not every strain can handle the same nute strength I think.

Most manures need to be aged for a month to several months before they can be used. Some can be used immediately. You will have to look up about this Alpaca manure. I believe that the Alpaca is pretty much OK as is and fresh but look it up to be sure.

As to the Manure Tea that is something else you can research on your own. Read up on the basics and then the different ways of doing it. Pick the one that fits in with your style of grow. Just sit down with a desktop or laptop (trying to use a phone is conterproductive at times) and google "Manure Tea" and start reading.

If you want you can google " Manure Tea 420magazine" and you will get suggested links to this message board possibly going back several years.
I certainly googled Alpaca manure and tea for hours but found nothing that is why I posted questions, at least as far as MMJ goes. Lots on poultry, horse, cow, and just manure in general. Lots of mentions of how good alpaca is but not anything I saw on how to use it. ie 1lb of shit to gal of water let seep for how long at what temp ect. Is fresh off the ass or composted? Do you add how much raw shit to top dress and do I use nutes with it or not? What about critters in it? Just way to many questions for a novice like me. This is only my 4th indoor grow.

I don't use my phone for much of anything but directions. LOL I don't see how you guys look at those damn things for so long. LOL I sit in front of a 60" monitor!

I may try to follow just Alpaca tea recipe in general being I can't find much related to just MMJ.

mix about a third cup (79 mL) of alpaca manure to every two-thirds cup (158 mL) of water and let it sit overnight.

I am using Botanicare Bloom 1-4-5 full strength every other watering. I hate messing with something that is working for me being I am new at indoor and Nutes in general. I'll look into tea and how to make it but for me I am KISS for the most part.
Use what you are comfortable using and gives results you are happy with. I notice that when many of us become uncomfortable with any particular fertilizer mix, etc it seems that problems soon start.

I may try to follow just Alpaca tea recipe in general being I can't find much related to just MMJ.

mix about a third cup (79 mL) of alpaca manure to every two-thirds cup (158 mL) of water and let it sit overnight.
I feel that many manure teas are not strictly for adding the macro, or even the micro, nutrients but for adding a wide variety of micro-organisms. Any nutrients and trace minerals in the tea seem to be the bonus.

I've seen lots of other yellowing leaves as buds develop on here before. To tell you the truth I was a bit concerned.

I never had this happen before but I was always feeding full strength every time I watered till I was told by Bill and Emilia to feed every other watering. I'll go back to feeding full strength every time just like the bottle says to do.

I just fed 2.5g full strength the second time in a row. I was supposed to give just water this time. She is taking about a gal a day in 10g pot FFOF. I feed 2.5g every 2.5 day and get a quart of runoff. Runoff PH is the same as feed solution.

I'll consult my mentor.
IMG_20220908_115116039.jpg

IMG_20220908_123726114.jpg

Plants with longer flowering time ie: 11+ weeks , definitely need some N , during early flip to 12/12.
Personally I , add about 10% of the recommended , N , to the bloom mix for 2-3 weeks. This keeps them going during the stretch .

Thats why I always use atleast 2 or 3 different products and alternate feeds, that and too avoid nutrient lockout/down? Doesn't matter what you use as long as use something I rekn 😁👍

Back
Top Bottom