Am I close to harvest

The thing that concerns me are the NON serrated leaves on the close up pictures of the buds. Could be an indication of reveg. I looked up hours of daylight in Australia and it shows about 12.75 hrs-sunrise to sunset. Add twilight and your at about 13.5 to 14 hours of light that the plant sees. Australia's big and maybe the light hours are less in your location.
The non serrated leaves are just a close up look at sugar leaves. The scale makes them look big and odd but they are normal. Full sativas are not as sensitive to photo cycle as indicas. Sativas are of equatorial origin. 13 hour days in the summer and 11 hour days in the winter. Light manipulation indoors can trigger flowering out of induced panic, but it has more to do with maturity and minor reductions in day length. I veg 18/6, early flower 14/10, ripen at 12/12. When I have to clone sativas in flower it takes at least a week of 20/4 before it will start to reveg after rooting. That's when you get those giant mutant sugar leaves that looks like you are growing golden rod plants.

The non serrated leaves are just a close up look at sugar leaves. The scale makes them look big and odd but they are normal. Full sativas are not as sensitive to photo cycle as indicas. Sativas are of equatorial origin. 13 hour days in the summer and 11 hour days in the winter. Light manipulation indoors can trigger flowering out of induced panic, but it has more to do with maturity and minor reductions in day length. I veg 18/6, early flower 14/10, ripen at 12/12. When I have to clone sativas in flower it takes at least a week of 20/4 before it will start to reveg after rooting. That's when you get those giant mutant sugar leaves that looks like you are growing golden rod plants.
Ive found that light manipulation can bring out certain traits. Last year I grew some white widow (50-50hybrid);in my tent, 10/14 light during flower. New leaves came In narrower and the stretch due to longer dark time was very sativa like. Flowered 12 weeks and the high is clear, energetic and a little trippy. I did leave some Green on the stumps and placed outside early spring. Harvested second crop this last October.

Do you know the date of her first stamen hairs? That is when you start counting. Looks like week 2-3 to me. At 9-10 weeks you should have 80% of the stamen turned red/brown, frosted trichomes and an energetic, heady high with lower THC. By week 11-12 you will have all red/brown stamens, amber trichomes, with a more sedative, body high with high THC.

In my experience the stamen shift from clear, to green, to yellow, then orange in most sativa strains. Around week 4 they turn yellow. This is my lambs Bread at 4 weeks after yellowing for comparison.

Cannabis plants lack stamen and rather have pistils.

Ive found that light manipulation can bring out certain traits. Last year I grew some white widow (50-50hybrid);in my tent, 10/14 light during flower. New leaves came In narrower and the stretch due to longer dark time was very sativa like. Flowered 12 weeks and the high is clear, energetic and a little trippy. I did leave some Green on the stumps and placed outside early spring. Harvested second crop this last October.
You can get crazy results from light manipulation. Mutants that look nothing like cannabis. Trichomes develop in the light and ripen in the dark. I shortening daylight just enough to trigger flower. The long days promote a lot of trichome development. Then shortening the day promotes ripening. Drops 2-3 weeks off of my sativa flower times. It wouldn't think it would work well with an Indica hybrid.

Cannabis plants lack stamen and rather have pistils.
Lol, yep if you have stamen pull it! It's a male. Was multitasking, poorly. Texting with a client bought how her iris were actually crocus. "All flowers with yellow stamen are iris." apparently..? Customer is always right, when I don't care. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom