Am I doing this right?

jwelch95

im new to the growing world but have enjoyed the fruits for years. I'm on day 26 in my first grow. having two kids married and a mortgage and makes two dollars to much for food stamps I have to spend little to no money on grow supplies like nutrients and better lighting. at first I wanted the plant to grow but didn't really apply much effort other than wAtering every other day sitting them out back behind a tree during the day then inside under the b. as time passed.I came very motivated to help my plant in anywAy possible. I researched grow tents but wouldn't bring myself to pay for it. I recent transplanted biggest plant of the two. didn't do to well the first few days but seems to be fine now. what do you guys think of my grow box made from things I rounded up around the house. I'm growing with a 600watt led. again I'm new. do I have it setup right? should I add or subract anything is it big enough? when should i start the 12/12? the only firtilezer I've used is 101010 once? what's yalls opinion on me putting a vinager and baking soda drip is it setup correctly? any advice or tips would be greatly appreciateed thanks

any pictures of your plants or your set up? a picture says a 1000 words.
as for when to flip to 12/12 that is purely a personal choice, depends on how big of a plant you want to flower and space you have to flower, also quality since you are limited on light, but still a personal choice.

20160517_210559_HDR.jpg
20160518_204820_HDR.jpg
20160518_204820_HDR.jpg
20160518_204810_HDR.jpg
agazine.com/gallery/data/500/20160518_204852.jpg[/img]
20160518_204852.jpg
20160518_204852.jpg
20160518_204852.jpg
20160518_204852.jpg
20160518_204826.jpg
20160518_204810_HDR.jpg
20160518_204825.jpg
20160517_212041.jpg
20160518_204810_HDR.jpg

Just looking at the colour led lights produce makes me want to take down my cfl's. For a box you put together using bits and bobs its pretty tight, does it go Completey darkwhen the lights are off? I'd say wait for a few more weeks before going into flowering as they look a little young still. You got a fan in there ? Can only glance at the photos due to being in work! I couldn't give you any feedback regarding vinegar and baking soda, are you trying to go all organic? Space was a issue for me as I used a large cardboard box for my last grow space , how high is your space? You can always use low stress training to make sure the lights dispersed evenly and would probs be a good option to consider if you don't have a massive amount of vertical/horizontal space

im new to the growing world but have enjoyed the fruits for years. I'm on day 26 in my first grow. having two kids married and a mortgage and makes two dollars to much for food stamps I have to spend little to no money on grow supplies like nutrients and better lighting. at first I wanted the plant to grow but didn't really apply much effort other than wAtering every other day sitting them out back behind a tree during the day then inside under the b. as time passed.I came very motivated to help my plant in anywAy possible. I researched grow tents but wouldn't bring myself to pay for it. I recent transplanted biggest plant of the two. didn't do to well the first few days but seems to be fine now. what do you guys think of my grow box made from things I rounded up around the house. I'm growing with a 600watt led. again I'm new. do I have it setup right? should I add or subract anything is it big enough? when should i start the 12/12? the only firtilezer I've used is 101010 once? what's yalls opinion on me putting a vinager and baking soda drip is it setup correctly? any advice or tips would be greatly appreciateed thanks
Good morning,
Thank you for the pictures
when you flip to 12/12 you can figure on the plant doubling in size so I would suggest you move the light to it's highest position and grab the container you intend to finish the plants in, be it one gallon, 2, 3 or 5 and measure the distance between the top of the container to the bottom of the light. This is your grow window. if it is 3 feet then you have 36 inches to work with, now keep in mind you can not grow an 18 inch plant because when it doubles it will be touching the light so you have to subtract the light spacing before you divide in 1/2 to come up with our plants max height before flipping. Also it depends on strain of plant, indica dominate plants will double but a true Sativa can triple in height. There are methods to get around the space issue, you can LST or HST, you can FLUX or put the plant under a SCROG. All of these growing methods are designed to help keep the plant as short as possible and the canopy level and even for maximum light to the buds.
Another thing to keep in mind, when the plant is in the Veg stage of it's life it requires certain elements to survive and thrive but once it switches to flower, its diet will change, so what works great in Veg will not work great in flower and will not produce good quality buds and resin. In veg the main thing your plant is seeking is Nitrogen and since you are using an LED it will be looking for trace elements of Calcium and Magnesium. Once she switches to flower she will still need some Nitrogen but now her main desires are for Potassium and Phosphorus and she will still be needing trace elements of Cal/mag because of the LED light.
I have never personally ever heard of using a vinegar and baking soda drip before but I am no chemist and to old to become one so I will leave that part to someone who paid more attention in Chemistry class.
You should have at least one fan that blows air across the plants so the plants are not in stagnate air, just enough air movement to wiggle the leaves slightly, and you also need a fan to evacuate the air in your grow area and bring in fresh air because of humidity. Plants perspire when they get to hot and it will increase your RH%, if you do not evacuate this air you will be looking at molds and mildew down the road which could not only destroy your crop but could spread into your living space and those y friend are not healthy for the plants or YOU.
There are hundreds of articles here on the 420 site that cover the basics of growing, I would suggest you search them and do some reading.

Back
Top Bottom