Schwazie: Am I doing this right?

Canachris

I've watched the videos and read as much as I could find about this dramatic defoliation process. I'm having an "ok boomer" moment. I did the first big trim the day I went to 12/12, 15 days ago. they have grown back even more than I trimmed off, all the small branches are still hidden under the dense canopy. did I not trim off enough ? next trim is supposed to happen week 3 12/12,next week. so do I now cut off the small branches that I thought would get bigger during this process ? this was also supposed to slow stretch... they still stretched a lot,they still are... the buds seem a bit small. if I'm going about this all wrong please point me in the right direction .

Apart from the very lowest shoots (popcorn) and huge fan leaves obscuring bud sites, wtf is the point of cutting off leaves? Leaves make food for the buds and all this defoliating nonsense is a load of bollocks imho
Think about it - how does anything grow better by cutting off access to the kitchen?

I've watched the videos and read as much as I could find about this dramatic defoliation process. I'm having an "ok boomer" moment. I did the first big trim the day I went to 12/12, 15 days ago. they have grown back even more than I trimmed off, all the small branches are still hidden under the dense canopy. did I not trim off enough ? next trim is supposed to happen week 3 12/12,next week. so do I now cut off the small branches that I thought would get bigger during this process ? this was also supposed to slow stretch... they still stretched a lot,they still are... the buds seem a bit small. if I'm going about this all wrong please point me in the right direction .
Could you perhaps take photos? They really help us to see what you're talking about.

I like heavy training and a decent amount of defol since I get more main colas and less little shit to trim:

DSC_1898.jpg
DSC_0119.jpg

Ohhh! I see what's going on I think...

So in the top photo looking at the left plant:

That single main stem is the issue. Are you topping at all? Topping meaning pinching off the newest node to force the plant to grow 2 new branches instead of one.

I have topped the bigger one, but I got greedy and let her grow 8 branches . The other kinda grew weird and I didn't top her main stalk, but it's the 1 branch that grew taller than the main stalk... confusing I know, I think I have pics

20210527_070445.jpg

20210525_054655.jpg

Ohhh! I see what's going on I think...

So in the top photo looking at the left plant:

That single main stem is the issue. Are you topping at all? Topping meaning pinching off the newest node to force the plant to grow 2 new branches instead of one.
Really need to study the Schwazzing technique in more detail when I have time. Not really certain about it's vitality outdoors.
The below plant Medusa has never been topped. Basically, I used a wrapping technique and LST while I slowly vegged her since Feb. My focus was on getting several colas, on getting a solid root system (roots nicely filled out my ten gallon container) and finally to maintain the dominant cola---kinda like getting my cake and eating it too.

The main cola has been trained to the point where I can tuck it with ease to allow smaller colas to balance out.

Really need to study the Schwazzing technique in more detail when I have time. Not really certain about it's vitality outdoors.
The below plant Medusa has never been topped. Basically, I used a wrapping technique and LST while I slowly vegged her since Feb. My focus was on getting several colas, on getting a solid root system (roots nicely filled out my ten gallon container) and finally to maintain the dominant cola---kinda like getting my cake and eating it too.

The main cola has been trained to the point where I can tuck it with ease to allow smaller colas to balance out.
Ohhh I like that idea! So you get the fat honking summer sausage main cola and then a bunch of large secondaries of equal quality?

Is it a spiral training? I shall google!

Back
Top Bottom