Am I ready to harvest?

aryastark

Hi guys

First time grower here and on the final leg of the journey & now need to figure out if it's ready to harvest. Most of her little hairs have turned amber but when looking through a magnifying glass I am struggling to see any amber trichromes, but my hand is SUPER SHAKEY!

Strain is Barneys Blue Cheese. It's been on 12/12 for 8 weeks and 2 days today, and I know it should be anywhere from 8-10 weeks now. Most of the fan leaves have begun to die and I have nute burned a few as well which isn't great.
image_5_5.jpg
image_4_6.jpg
image_3_9.jpg

What do you guys think??

Thanks!!

Amber tric's shouldn't really be viewed as a sign of ripening but more of over ripening as amber tric's in general means the THC content is beginning to degrade into CBD/CBN etc

Optimal THC content is around 100% cloudy/milky coloured tric's.

Mmm not far off finishing i'd give it another week myself :Namaste:

You'll really need a magnifier of at least 30x to see the trichomes clearly enough. A lot of folks even go as high as 60x magnification.

It's difficult to tell from the pictures, but it looks like you have a large handful of clear trichomes on those leaves still, and the trichomes on the leaves typically mature faster than the trichomes on the buds. Start checking the trichomes specifically on the buds themselves.

apparently the best time is to wait is when the trichomes go from milky white to amber they say you have 3-7 days when it is at its peak but u are to flush at about 2 weeks before harvest to get rid of nutes i would love to when to flush so i get it at its peak or is it just luck. i red this in the growers bible and have not tried this theory as i am just a few weeks behind you and are trying this mysel. how do i flush do i just water them with plain water just as i have bin watering them or do i giv them more water and soak them ????:bitingnails::bong::bitingnails::roorrip::biglaugh::idea:

so 18litre pot wud mean 54 litres of water per watering. thats alot of water how many times would be best for them 2 weeks

If you have any more questions A critical look at preharvest flushing you don't need exactly 3x the water I use that cause it works for me, you just need at least twice as much, you're trying to wash out any excesse nutes in the soil.

Use 3x the amount of water to the size of the pot, water like a regular one just use more water.

That's great and all but super excessive. So let's say you bloom in 7 gallons like I do. All you need to do is flush with enough water that its draining well. In 7 gallon pots there is no need for 21,14, or 7 gallons of water to flush it. Maybe 3-4 tops. Just go tell draining that's all you got to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom