Amnesia Lemon is behaving as against gravity

high5

Hi All,

I have a 120 cm x 120cm x 200 cm grow tent and have 9 plant in it. 2 of them is amnesia lemon. 3,5 weeks has passed since germination. I use 1000W MH with reflector located 75 cm far from plants. But one of them behaves odd like she turns leaves perpendicular to ground. Also there are some curly leaves at top. Edge of leaves twist downwards.
There is no sign for nutrient deficiency such as yellow color, various color of dots on leaves...etc.

I use coco and Canna products as fertilizer. I obey the Canna's grow guide and pH is mostly around 5.8
While seedling I noticed there was something wrong and found out. Cal,Mg deficiency! then used Advanced Nutrient's Sensi Cal Mag Xtra then it solved.

Here is next comer. Heat level was too high around 30 C during day. So I added an air conditioner to my grow room. Plus, I used Rhino Skin for increasing heat resistance. Now everything looks fine but my little girl (amnesia lemon) still turns her leaves by side and looks so weak.

image_000011.jpg

image_00002.jpg

So what am I doing wrong? Any comments, helps are appreciated.
Thanks...

Too heavy on the nutes. What are you feeding it?

Too heavy on the nutes. What are you feeding it?

Here is the Canna's grow guide for coco:

Coco A: 11 ml / 5lt
Coco B: 11 ml / 5lt
Rhizotonic: 10 ml / 5lt
Cannazym: 11 ml / 5lt

I also add those too:

Cal Mag Xtra(4-0-0): 10 ml / 5lt
Rhino Skin(): 10 ml / 5lt
Parker Neem Tonic (for pest control): 25 ml / 5lt
EC Total: ~1.5

Thats all used...
pH: ~5.8

Here is the Canna's grow guide for coco:

Coco A: 11 ml / 5lt
Coco B: 11 ml / 5lt
Rhizotonic: 10 ml / 5lt
Cannazym: 11 ml / 5lt

I also add those too:

Cal Mag Xtra(4-0-0): 10 ml / 5lt
Rhino Skin(): 10 ml / 5lt
Parker Neem Tonic (for pest control): 25 ml / 5lt
EC Total: ~1.5

Thats all used...
pH: ~5.8

What ec are you running it at? It also could have been from the heat. Did you get your temperature down to around or below 26.5c?

What ec are you running it at? It also could have been from the heat. Did you get your temperature down to around or below 26.5c?

EC = ~1.5 ms

I set the air con up today. Now it is around 24 C . should I wait a little bit more? If it caused by heat I can wait until she recover herself but I remember that I used some green fertilizer sticks that I buried in coco at beginning. It was kinda support for green veg. But what is strange all plants are ok in room but that one. I also checked the diseases and common growing problems but there is no similar one like mine.
My theory is; she turned her leaves perpendicular to ground and reduced the cross section area that absorbs the light and heat to avoid heat. Sounds reasonable?

EC = ~1.5 ms

I set the air con up today. Now it is around 24 C . should I wait a little bit more? If it caused by heat I can wait until she recover herself but I remember that I used some green fertilizer sticks that I buried in coco at beginning. It was kinda support for green veg. But what is strange all plants are ok in room but that one. I also checked the diseases and common growing problems but there is no similar one like mine.
My theory is; she turned her leaves perpendicular to ground and reduced the cross section area that absorbs the light and heat to avoid heat. Sounds reasonable?

I don't think that's exactly why it would have curled it's leaves, but it makes sense I guess. I think there are more complicated biological reasons to it though.

I'm not familiar with fertilizer sticks that you bury in the soil so I'm not sure how strong they are, but It definitely could be the early to middle stages of nute burn. I would both lower your ec and lower the room temp(which looks good now). If the plant's start to yellow a bit, then you know it's time to start raising the ec slowly over each watering until they look healthy again and you will have found the right ec/nutrient stick combo.

I don't think that's exactly why it would have curled it's leaves, but it makes sense I guess. I think there are more complicated biological reasons to it though.

I'm not familiar with fertilizer sticks that you bury in the soil so I'm not sure how strong they are, but It definitely could be the early to middle stages of nute burn. I would both lower your ec and lower the room temp(which looks good now). If the plant's start to yellow a bit, then you know it's time to start raising the ec slowly over each watering until they look healthy again and you will have found the right ec/nutrient stick combo.

Here is the green sticks that I used:

image_00003.jpg

Yes, I totally agree with you. I set the temperature to 24-25C. Now I will just give pH'ed water until she looks needy for nutrient again. But I think she has a multiple troubles like heat stress-nut burn combo...etc. I hope she can survive.

After I set the air con up I noticed sometimes negative pressure occurs in room due to lack of air flow. I mean exhaust fan and air con discharge more air than inhale fan blow. So I open some windows of tent little bit. Do you think it effects plants?

I wish I could read that packaging lol. Some people use negative pressure to keep smells from escaping their room. Some say it attracts more pest and diseases, but neg pressure is fine in my opinion. If that's what you have to do to keep the environment right then go for it

Back
Top Bottom