And I thought it would never happen to me! Bugs! Help please!

The captain Jacks will take care of the leaves and growth and after 2 applications the pests will most likely stick to the soil for a while. You can sparay again in a few days to be sure.The sns209 takes a little time, I'd say a week and a half or 2 to kill everything. Continue using for the 3 weeks as recommend. Your soil and plant will be very unattractive to pests once the regimen is done. Even though your still seeing them in the soil there's probably a ton more dead ones your not seeing. The sns209 is probably forcing them out of your soil and the only way for them to escape is to move to your top soil. Their life span is rather short so they won't live long up there and they won't want to lay eggs in your soil anymore.

Don't be scared of the 209, I used it every watering with no negative effects. Same with the captain Jack's, hose those lady's down with it... best of luck and thanks for the update.:thumb:

The captain Jacks will take care of the leaves and growth and after 2 applications the pests will most likely stick to the soil for a while. You can sparay again in a few days to be sure.The sns209 takes a little time, I'd say a week and a half or 2 to kill everything. Continue using for the 3 weeks as recommend. Your soil and plant will be very unattractive to pests once the regimen is done. Even though your still seeing them in the soil there's probably a ton more dead ones your not seeing. The sns209 is probably forcing them out of your soil and the only way for them to escape is to move to your top soil. Their life span is rather short so they won't live long up there and they won't want to lay eggs in your soil anymore.

Don't be scared of the 209, I used it every watering with no negative effects. Same with the captain Jack's, hose those lady's down with it... best of luck and thanks for the update.:thumb:

Alright man thanks again for the helpful info. I always assume the worst,I appreciate you keeping me grounded. I will continue to puts the lotion on the skin and see if all the bugs die. Should I wait to go to flower until the bugs are completely eradicated?

Dropcroptops High YIELD!Indoor,Soil 600HPS BIG Bud/Chocolope/Amnesia Haze

Alright everyone thanks again for all your help! Today I checked the plants and absolutely no bugs on the soil! I saw a few little gnats(?) still flying around. They might be the adult form of the aphid and will die soon. Anywho, you guys must have been right with your diagnosis. The 4th day it seemed like there was MORE bugs not really less. But it must have been all the ones from the soil running away. I'm going to water with the sns continually. And I'm applying at least one more application of the captain jacks. Or at least until the little flying bugs have ceased. Wish I would have came here first with my bug problem BEFORE I applied Hitler's reserve chemical armada haha. Good vibes.

Dropcroptops High YIELD!Indoor,Soil 600HPS BIG Bud/Chocolope/Amnesia Haze

I would suggest that you put those Yellow sticky traps for insects in a few of your pots. It is a good indicator for gnats and larger bugs.. Let's you know what is going on with bugs ..

Bad news...well good news but bad in the sense I have been wrong this whole time haha. The little white bugs stillllll returned. Not very many at all. I think the captain jack just kills them...the eggs hath three days later...and kaBLAM! More fuckers to deal with. My new hypothesis is they are root aphids. And the little bugs flying around are actual fungus gnats. The new plan of action is to order beneficial nematodes. The research I did points to only benefits for the plant LONG term. And that is what I would rather even if it costs a little more money each grow to order the little guys. They only last about 30 days once they are sent. Wish me luck!

And I have been second guessing myself for overwatering since I am still new to growing. The fungus gnats kinda confirm I think I have not been letting my medium completely dry out before I water. May have to wait 2 days in between watering instead of one.

That would definitely help with the fungus knats.... sorry the the 209 didn't work for you..

That would definitely help with the fungus knats.... sorry the the 209 didn't work for you..

Yea I mean I'm glad to have learned what it does and how to use it. I know In the future it will come in handy. Rome wasn't built in a day,I got a long way to understanding what bug is what,and what organic method to pursue in eliminating that bug.

420-magazine-mobile1734352662.jpg

I finally applied the beneficial nematodes two nights ago. Sorry for the delay in update. The root aphids are STILL thriving in my seedlings. I was waiting to add a top layer of rocks until I added the nematodes below it. My main plants that already had the rocks I no longer see the root aphids. The gnats(adult version) are still scarcely flying around which makes me think the rocks is the best thing against them. But then again it could be because I simply can't see them once the rocks are on top of the soil....getting quite annoyed with these little guys. I'm glad they don't completely halt growth they just impede it. I hope these damn nematodes do the job. I could only add about a 2 cups of the nematode and dirt mixture to each pot. I hope that is atleast enough to start a colony and reproducing. I'll keep you updated!

Final update. Root aphids are the spawn of Satan. If you get them just start over. Not worth the hassle. I did an azamax drench twice 5 days apart,(fogger in the room to kill flying stragglers in the mean time),did a botanigard es soil drench 5 days apart,(fogger in between and bleached the whole room this time),and keep in mind by day 5(when the soil finally dried) I would still see very few root aphids in the soil...WTF!!! Then I did an acephate 97 inoculant foiler spray to soak into the plant...still root aphids. So I say again,if you have them I would highly recommend just throwing the bastards away. Spent almost 200 trying to get rid of them. I started clones and seedlings like when I started the drenches and they are already bigger than my infected plants. Not to mention the infected plants have stunted pretty hard and all show some sort of nutrient deficiency. I plan on planting the 5 I have worked so hard on mainling in the woods somewhere this weekend. Damn those bastards.

So, I got Thirps I'm assuming, went and got Captain Jacks, my babies are only in their 2nd week from sprouting, up to their 5th node now, do I just spray that stuff on and leave it?

Back
Top Bottom