Another AutoFlower Newbie

ROCK15

420 Member
Hello all ...

I have a couple of plants that are starting to flower.

Strain CKS-NYCDiesel
Grow Environment-3x3x7 grow tent
Nutrition: Holland Secret- Grow, Bloom and Micro
Miracle Grow Moisture control soil
Light- LED with a grow and a bloom switch 300 W I think.

This is an auto flower variety from Crop king. Will this variety flower with just the grow switch on the LED light or do i need to run the bloom switch too? I was reading because it has Ruderalis breeding in the genetics that light cycles and type of light are not an issue. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Hello all ...

I have a couple of plants that are starting to flower.

Strain KKS-NYCDiesel
Grow Environment-3x3x7 grow tent
Nutrition: Holland Secret- Grow, Bloom and Micro
Miracle Grow Moisture control soil
Light- LED with a grow and a bloom switch 300 W I think.

This is an auto flower variety from Crop king. Will this variety flower with just the grow switch on the LED light or do i need to run the bloom switch too? I was reading because it has Ruderalis breeding in the genetics that light cycles and type of light are not an issue. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Welcome again to the forum....

Are your plants flowering or sprouting?

When your plants are 7-15 days old (depending on their condition), most people run both switches. The spectrum doesn't matter much. The more light, usually the better, within reason.

Watch how close the light is. If the jagged tips of the leaves start turning up, that is light stress. Raise your lights if that happens.

I've read 20 on and 4 off is the optimum for autos, but some may debate that statement.

Sounds like you are on your way. :thumb:

Welcome again to the forum....

Are your plants flowering or sprouting?

When your plants are 7-15 days old (depending on their condition), most people run both switches. The spectrum doesn't matter much. The more light, usually the better, within reason.

Watch how close the light is. If the jagged tips of the leaves start turning up, that is light stress. Raise your lights if that happens.

I've read 20 on and 4 off is the optimum for autos, but some may debate that statement.

Sounds like you are on your way. :thumb:[/QUO

I had the grow switch on from the start and the plants flowering.. thanks for the response i think i will throw both switches on now and see what happens. I haven't seen any leaf damage from the lights so far.. I guess I crank the bloom switch on and go! Thanks for the help!

I had the grow switch on from the start and the plants flowering.. thanks for the response i think i will throw both switches on now and see what happens. I haven't seen any leaf damage from the lights so far.. I guess I crank the bloom switch on and go! Thanks for the help!
Well, leaf damage is being WAY too close. But even without damage, they will turn their edges up with the light on if too close. If you ever see it, it's unmistakable.

I'm sure others will jump in and watch your grow. People will say it didn't happen unless pictures. Be prepared. ;)

i here give that auto light 24/7 18 inches away from the plant o_O
See, not everyone agrees. But if it works for you....that is ok too. :high-five:

I wasn't actually in amother conversation about autos and lighting another member wasn't running 12-12 and was wondering about switching to 18-6 I said 24 he was like that would run my bill up so we agreed on 20-4 but his grow has bin fine you will find what works and what don't that's why we share our knowledge with one another

@Bonsaiweed 20 -4 is great but I don't mind spending extra electricity money to have bigger plant s
I wasn't actually in amother conversation about autos and lighting another member wasn't running 12-12 and was wondering about switching to 18-6 I said 24 he was like that would run my bill up so we agreed on 20-4 but his grow has bin fine you will find what works and what don't that's why we share our knowledge with one another

I don't run 24/7 for I believe the plant needs rest just like any other creature on earth. It's not about the power bill for me.

But there are many ways to get the result we are looking for. :thumb:

Now I except that response I've never really thought about it like that but for a few hours a night I turn off the leds and just leave the t5 on but clearly it doesn't effect ther growth form not resting. My next grow is a gorilla glue scrog and I may throw a blueberry kush also I'll try 20-4 for the whole grow I'm down for change and who know I may surprise myself. I value and respect everyone's decisions and I'm willing to live and learn and improve

Back
Top Bottom