Any ideas? Getting better pictures

Newbieable

How can I get better pictures of my plants in my grow tent without moving them or messing anything up.. when my hps lights are on it's hard to get a great picture. Picture comes out very orange/yellow. Would it be ok to take photos with a flash 5 minutes before lights off or on. Or is there any other way to get better pictures . Please help guys

I use a filter for my camera (phone). The filter is basically a bit of blue cellophane material that clips on over the camera lens. Before that I used cheap HPS sunglasses to filter- same thing just more awkward to hold. An example here if you scroll down the post a little. Oh No - It's A Green Hole! - Reverse Thrusters! - Dammit - Too Late! . Or you can hang an extra light like a fluorescent and flick the main lights off for a while to get some photos.
Reality is even with a filter it’s hard to get good pics under HPS but its still way better. I also usually tweak some settings in the camera when I have them -like the tint and ‘white balance’. I got a photo app for my phone that has some extra frills including the white balance setting.
W/o a filter is fairly pointless.

Thanks for you help mate I will give the blue cellophane material a go sounds good , plus I need to order some sunglasses for my eyes so will give them a go to. Dont really like the idea of turning lights off or moving plants, And i dont like opening my tent lights off really

How can I get better pictures of my plants in my grow tent without moving them or messing anything up.. when my hps lights are on it's hard to get a great picture. Picture comes out very orange/yellow. Would it be ok to take photos with a flash 5 minutes before lights off or on. Or is there any other way to get better pictures . Please help guys
I seem to be the pariah of cannabis growing advice but if you want good pictures I would ditch the tent. I just grow out in the middle of my basement and put up a backdrop which makes inspecting/watering/photograghing etc, my plants very easy.

IMG_7168.JPG

IMG_5885.JPG

I seem to be the pariah of cannabis growing advice but if you want good pictures I would ditch the tent. I just grow out in the middle of my basement and put up a backdrop which makes inspecting/watering/photograghing etc, my plants very easy.

IMG_7168.JPG

IMG_5885.JPG
Nice pics @Homer Simpson :bravo::adore:

Those glasses that I used in that post I linked to are still my favorite as the tint is fairly decent. Be aware that those cheap HPS sunglasses do not have any UV protection and do not protect your eyes.

I can’t generally take my plants outside because it is too far and awkward to get them there and it is usually night time when the flowering lights are on. I usually drag the nicest ones out into daylight at harvest if I want a good photo.
But I often take them into my veg room under a metal halide light which gives pretty good photos.

This is what I use now as a filter.
Its better than nothing. don’t expect miracles.

Those glasses that I used in that post I linked to are still my favorite as the tint is fairly decent. Be aware that those cheap HPS sunglasses do not have any UV protection and do not protect your eyes.

I can’t generally take my plants outside because it is too far and awkward to get them there and it is usually night time when the flowering lights are on. I usually drag the nicest ones out into daylight at harvest if I want a good photo.
But I often take them into my veg room under a metal halide light which gives pretty good photos.

This is what I use now as a filter.
Its better than nothing. don’t expect miracles.

That's excellent mate thanks for the help,

Not sure what you have for a camera but I’ve never had an iphone yet that could compensate with just the settings. My current one is an 11. I always need the filter as well.

yer welcome ;) Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom