Any ideas what's wrong here?

Grower2020

Temp between 21-25, humidity although bit higher in this pic usually 40-60. Light is above recommended height but still hitting 600ppfd at top of canopy . Have circulation and carbon filter exhaust fan.
Checked acidity with ph prong and has high acidity at bottom of pots so I started to flush today. Wasn't watering until run off and I think might be a nitrogen toxicity because the fertilizer I was using was much too high in nitrogen and was 27% nitrogen just before flowering started. All I can think of is nitrogen toxicity causing the acid build up at the bottom. The readings aren't as acidic at the top of the pots but slowly read more acid the more I press the prong down. Will flushing fix this issue and how long before they recover ? You can see which ones got it the worst . How many times should I heavily flush to get rid of the toxicity ?

20210608_190028.jpg

20210608_190037.jpg

20210608_190052.jpg

20210608_122931.jpg

20210602_211928.jpg

Its not nitrogen toxicity.
Looks more like wet feet from the flushing and sitting in the trays.
And the little bit of yellow looks like light burn.
But I've only just flushed them and they've been like this for a couple of weeks now . They have all the symptoms of nitrogen toxicity

But I've only just flushed them and they've been like this for a couple of weeks now . They have all the symptoms of nitrogen toxicit
Its not nitrogen toxicity.
Looks more like wet feet from the flushing and sitting in the trays.
And the little bit of yellow looks like light burn.
Raised the light up a week ago and that changed nothing. The leaves are clawing, dark green bottom leaves, burnt tips and yellowing stunted growth on new leaves . All nitro toxicity symptoms

If it was N toxicity then the fans would be a really dark shade of green. Soil probe meters are not very accurate but if you are concerned with ph then worry about your feed solution being 6.3 before you feed but you need something better than a soil probe to check ph on your liquids
I've got a soil probe for the soil and a ph pen for making sure my nutes are between 6.3 and 6.5 every feed . But wasn't watering until run off and using multiple fertilizers at the same time. One being 27% nitrogen. Ppm would have been way too high and salts building up for sure would they? The true colour of the bottom bigger fan leaves are dark dark green and the they are like gum leaves . Very stiff

I don’t look at ppms for soil. Bear in mind I’m not suggesting you do this nor do I use this same strategy at every feeding session but sometimes I use fish hydrosylate, liquid kelp, handful of worm castings plus a spoon or two of epsoms and stir it up with paint paddle in a battery drill. Stick a ppm meter in there and the display flashes - “Run - it’s fucking quicksand“ after sipping on this the plants dont even flinch.

Tilt your pots to a steep 45 degree angle and prop them up so they won’t tip over. The buckets should pee out some water but leave them propped up for at least 24 hours and it will reset the water table to a lower level. Also helps to have containers sitting on a grate instead of a saucer with fan moving air underneath the buckets

I don’t look at ppms for soil. Bear in mind I’m not suggesting you do this nor do I use this same strategy at every feeding session but sometimes I use fish hydrosylate, liquid kelp, handful of worm castings plus a spoon or two of epsoms and stir it up with paint paddle in a battery drill. Stick a ppm meter in there and the display flashes - “Run - it’s fucking quicksand“ after sipping on this the plants dont even flinch.
Hmmmm I'm really struggling because I watered much less often and there should have been Plenty of oxygen getting to the roots because the pots were only wet 2 inch from bottom of a 2.5 gal pot. Even cut about 15 vertical slits in the bottom of the plastic pots side by side to allow sir into the sides of all the pots but symptom didn't change

Tilt your pots to a steep 45 degree angle and prop them up so they won’t tip over. The buckets should pee out some water but leave them propped up for at least 24 hours and it will reset the water table to a lower level. Also helps to have containers sitting on a grate instead of a saucer with fan moving air underneath the buckets
Very good idea I will try this. So no need to continue with more flushing ? Just let the pots dry right out?

Mostly needs to start before you even plant, your soil needs aeration.
What soil are you using?

You could defoliate a few leaves and gets lots of airflow.
Make sure you VPD is good with your temp between 78-80⁰
Put the fabric pots on grates to get airflow under them.
Not using air pots, using plastic collapsible pots. I just cut vertical slits in the sides of the pots to allow sir in the bottom and down the sides

Do you have a layer of perlite or gravel in the
Do you have a layer of perlite or gravel in the bottom? Yeah I suspect wet feet too and flushing will only bog down the soil even more, oxygen can’t penetrate the wet soil and adding more water will only push you further behind
Should I report them and put a layer of drainable matter in the bottom ?

Back
Top Bottom