Anyone ever go full grow with compact flourescent t5 tubes ?

Yep. Screwnuts is correct, and I have both a T5 and other cfl's totaling 35,000 lumens in both 2700k and 6500k. I just harvested my "Strange Grow" crop yesterday and I will post a picture(s) of my current ladies in their flowering stage later tonite. It is a huge debate. I am not going to say that cfl's are better.. they are not. They do provide a viable, productive option though. Good luck with your grow. Peace

CFL_grow_closet.jpg

CFL_grow_with_4foot_T5_nursury.jpg

This is my small grow setup. The T-5 and cfl's are my nursery area using 6500k lights. The closet is my 12/12 room using a combination of 2700k and 6500k lights. I add lights as needed (the more lumens the better):thumb:

Hope this helps.

Im doing a t5 grow with 8 4ft. T5 sun systems 8 their doing really well they just seem to be going a little slower than my buddies that he planted the same day in dirt , im doing dwc in a 2ftx4ft area its sea of green fosho im growing martian mean green 5 wks. Into flower the colas are stacking up it should be good have to see how long it takes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, smokr1

Thanks for the responses. I am using a little different t5's though than are being discussed here. My t5's are compact tubes there are 2 lights for every connection thinner smaller tubes taking the place of one regular t5. I am sure the grow will be close to the same i am just curious if anone knows much about these specific lights they are called PL t5's plug in. i will put pictures of them up soon.

Thanks for the responses. I am using a little different t5's though than are being discussed here. My t5's are compact tubes there are 2 lights for every connection thinner smaller tubes taking the place of one regular t5. I am sure the grow will be close to the same i am just curious if anone knows much about these specific lights they are called PL t5's plug in. i will put pictures of them up soon.

I have one of those.

It uses two 55w PL-L tubes.

I use 6500K tubes for veg and 3000K tubes for flower. You can grow two small-medium sized plants with this light all the way through.

Power compact (PL-L) T-5's are very efficient. It has 10,000 lumens using only 110w.

Don't expect giant colas, but you can grow a couple of decent plants with it. I keep mine about 2" off the plants.

been doing it for 10 years,,,,started with T12 &8 gave them up for T5, summer i grow outside,,and yes the buds are much bigger but the indoor T5 tastes much better!

I have one of those.

It uses two 55w PL-L tubes.

I use 6500K tubes for veg and 3000K tubes for flower. You can grow two small-medium sized plants with this light all the way through.

Power compact (PL-L) T-5's are very efficient. It has 10,000 lumens using only 110w.

Don't expect giant colas, but you can grow a couple of decent plants with it. I keep mine about 2" off the plants.

Thanks Sun, this is the kind of info i was looking for.

I really like this light, and it will produce.

The electronic ballasts they use for these lights will also run 65w tubes, so that's a nice option too.

Low heat and best bang for the buck out there, IMO.

I love growing with T5's.

They're silent, I don't have to protect my eyes, low heat, low profile, great coverage, decent penetration if setup right, tubes are cheap if you shop around, and they flower pretty well, and seem to be flowering *really* well in the new VHO 4 and 8' fixtures.

Great little light and I will never get rid of it.

I can see one of my kin using this light for their first grow, if they can tear it away from me ;).

Back
Top Bottom