Anyone ever seen this happen? Can you tell me why?

Floki88

So I had a few feminized seeds from a seed bank. I grew one no problem. Then I went to do the other two. One didn't pop but the one that did, did the weirdest thing I didn't know it could and wanna know why, how, and if anyone seen it before. At barely 2 weeks old, and only 3 nodes tall there was pollen sacks starting to grow in.. and the top didn't keep growing up it started looking like a bunch of sacks clumped together. Has been on a 18/6 light schedule since coming out the dirt. Started in the little moss pot or whatever it's called and just two days ago I put that into what woulda been her final pot. Where the first leaves of three blades came in, one had thee blades like normal the other leaf was only one blade. Wtf happened? I'll post pics that show her size and the pollen sacks. They aren't the greatest pics but you can see what I mean. I don't think they could even do that at that age
IMG_20210606_191053_727.jpg
IMG_20210606_191118_313.jpg
IMG_20210606_191135_129.jpg
IMG_20210606_191237_934.jpg
IMG_20210606_191330_118.jpg

Growing the plant like we "hobbyists" do, sometimes we expect a little too much from these seeds.
In the wild, a brood of seeds from a plant may have many successful germination of offspring
Most of them die off for one reason or another. It is especially difficult for a seed with anything other than typical development and growth pattern to reach maturity.
But when we're buying them at 5 for 50, at least I have an expectation that they will all bear fruit so to speak ;)
I have come to learn that there is a wild range of possibilities after germination as you have so vividly illustrated for us here
Cheers

It’s a numbers game, breed any pair enough (plants animals whatevs) and you will see mutants. Can you imagine a family reunion if a set of parents had 300 kids? Seeds purchased in a pack or taken from a bud don’t produce identical plants, they produce a range of plants that represent the genetic diversity of their ancestry.

Better luck with your next bean drop!

A reputable breeder will make it right.
Give them the opportunity.

You can tell a good company from a bad company when things go wrong. And, things WILL go wrong (Google: Murphy's law).
Even good companies have things go wrong ... give them the chance to make it right and see how they handle it.
It will give you a lot of information.

Back
Top Bottom