So, I didn't really see where the room fell on the 3rd question. If all you have is one plant that is a few weeks into flowering when you notice the hermie pollen sacs developing, would you start over or see it through?

Thanks, yes it's all I've got, but do I see that new female buds start out looking similar to polon sacks? Here are some pics
IMG_83595.JPG
IMG_83585.JPG
IMG_83415.JPG
IMG_83664.JPG

Thanks, yes it's all I've got, but do I see that new female buds start out looking similar to polon sacks? Here are some pics
IMG_83595.JPG
IMG_83585.JPG
IMG_83415.JPG
IMG_83664.JPG

Yeah I would pinch those and all of the lower popcorn buds off and let her finish if I didn't have any bud, it might be some chronic. I would also start some more seeds now to get the next round goin.
Too bad this world is so bent on reefer madness that it's illegal to trade cuts and seeds because I have a few amazing cuts that I would be gifting out to everyone in need if it were sewn in the fields like George Washington wanted...

All of those up close pics are male pollen sacs but the top looks female, could be high in cbd.

I do not know how true (and this could be question #4) is but have read that the seeds from a hermaphrodite plant are feminized. Which seeds as you know tends to produces female plants. I will be anxious to hear any responses.
True but one out of three will be a Herm

So I have a hermaphrodite plant which is in the beginning flowering stage and I don't want it to pollenate the buds or take away from the potency of the buds. So I have three questions.

1. Does cutting off all the pollen sacks before they open even do anything/ will it make the plant produce better/ more potent buds?

2. Can cutting off the pollen sacks turn the hermie plant basically female?

3. I have a new plant already started it's just at the seedling stage just started growing the first two leaves. Are hermie plants even worth the time or should I just tear out the hermie now and hope the new plant turns out to be completely female or should I wait it out and see what happens with the hermie?

Please help there is like no info about this on the internet.
I had a Herm plant once and I cut off all the pollen sacks and it actually did help a lot it pretty much minimized seed production there was maybe in the whole plant 10 seeds or something. And I left the bud on there until all the trichomes started turning brown it was like 80% Brown so it gave it more of an Indica feel which is of course a more Stony heavier feel. and that's a way that you can make your bud appear to be more stoney just by leaving it on longer. Because when you pull it off earlier it takes the characteristics of sativa more. When the tricomes have a chance to mature on the plant they make you feel more tired, hungry, lazy... Body baked.
But honestly bro to maintain keeping all the pollen sacks off of it you have to be out there with your plants like minimum two times a day once in the morning and once at night because if you only do it in the morning there's a good chance that one will grow after that and mature overnight and pollinate the plant. I had that happen almost like I was checking them three times a day but I feel like maybe it was excessive. And one of them did actually open up and I think it's seeded it because I think that's where the 10 seeds came from.
also bro if you're only doing two plants and one of them is in clone phase basically seedling phase you don't really need to worry you can just finish it out and you don't have to worry about it pollinating your other plant because it's too young to even be pollinated anyway your plant will finish out before your other one probably even comes into flower. And even if it does have seeds in it it's not sensimilla but still it can be pretty stony and enjoyable. If you can minimalize seed production then you'll have a much nicer crop because when your plant starts making seeds it will spend about half of its energy on making seeds instead of putting 100% energy into making better buds bigger nicer more potent. If you make concentrates hermie bud is great filler to blast bho. I usually make my BHO out of just trim just sugar leaves and that's it. It doesn't like come out the nicest but it's super stoney and it gets the job done a hundred times over.

Hey 86,

Welcome to 420, the post you replied to is from 2011 then was regurgitated in 2017 too. Anyway wanted you to know.

At any rate - welcome aboard, drop a journal and stay a while. Put your grow details on first page like lights, ventilation, nutes, etc snap a pic or two and within 10 minutes you are hooked up. Take a look at first paragraph of my journal below for ideas Visualize Whirrled Peas down in my signature line. Hyperlinks appear in green font >>>> Make a grow journal

Back
Top Bottom