Anyone know what may have caused this?

Yeah I agree, can't control the monsters this year. It is a nice change from last year when I could have fit 4 in the same bucket. :rofl: I'm upgrading to 10 gal fabric pots for the green house. ;)
Go 25 gallon unless room is an issue. I'm in 25 gallons now for my outdoor girls and they still feel small.

Go 25 gallon unless room is an issue. I'm in 25 gallons now for my outdoor girls and they still feel small.

Space will be an issue in my hoop house, it is 20'x10'. I also want to be able to move them around if needed. I have been thinking about digging a ditch, filling with soil, then plant directly in the soil. The biggest issue is my soil, it is all sand below the 2" of top soil. I live in Mid West MI and happen to be in one of the sand dune areas. I do agree though that bigger pots is always better. As I get my grow skills tuned, I may go bigger as I will only need a few plants to get what we need to make it between grows.

Space will be an issue in my hoop house, it is 20'x10'. I also want to be able to move them around if needed. I have been thinking about digging a ditch, filling with soil, then plant directly in the soil. The biggest issue is my soil, it is all sand below the 2" of top soil. I live in Mid West MI and happen to be in one of the sand dune areas. I do agree though that bigger pots is always better. As I get my grow skills tuned, I may go bigger as I will only need a few plants to get what we need to make it between grows.
Oh hey, I'm down south of Lansing! I love the Empire area...you guys sometimes get mountain lion!

EDIT: or just get another hoop house

I'm between Ludington and Manistee and spent many years in Kazoo. Had a choice to stay in Kazoo or take over the family home in the sticks. I'm glad I chose to move here, just love it. There are no sightings of mountain lions in our area, yet, but lots of bobcat. :D This one I'm building now has cost just over 1k so a second is down the road. My honey wants a chicken run first. LOL

Been a while since this happened thought I would post an update pic. Granted it is a lot of popcorn bud but, considering what I had to do to this plant, I'm not unhappy with how it turned out.

bubbakushseed01.jpg

I chopped this plant down today and quite pleasantly surprised. Way less popcorn than I had thought it would be. It really bulked up over the last couple weeks.

Chop Day!
HarvestDay.jpg

1 of the freshly trimmed top colas:
maincola-02.jpg

Trimming this girl is a PITA! :rofl:
HarvestDayBranch.jpg

HarvestDayBranches.jpg

I think I'm safe in saying it will be a good 5+oz by the time it drys. :yahoo: After all this poor plant went through, no one would be unhappy with these results.

Back
Top Bottom