Anyone Used Aquarium LED's? Got one here and it has a weird spectrum!

rep420

Hey peeps i have borrowed an LED off a mate because im having trouble keeping the tent cool with the HPS even on 200w. this time of year its only hot for month or two so i figured seeing as i am in veg atm id try an led to avoid running an aircon outside the tent.

the question i have is has anyone used a light with this weird looking spectrum before. the panel is 120w with two separate power supplies one which runs only the blue bulbs and the other runs the rest of the red, white and what looks like purple and green and some off white/amber.

Im running the light over a metre away from the plants on low wattage till i figure out how the plants are going to respond as i figure the penetration will be higher as its board is designed for water penetration.

I know its an aquarium light and i wont be flowering with it so no need to hate on it just wanted to know if anyone has experience with LED's without the standard blue/red combination.

20140116_184819.jpg

I was thinking of eventually running the blue side on max and just keeping the other side on 50percent to add the rest of the spectrum.

Thanks in advance! :thumb:

Oh well experimentation it is then. :) orderering two 450w led panels for flowering im very keen to know for myself their capabilities compared with hid. The heat reduction is too tempting. Thanks anyways peeps and gl.

if its for a fish tank then the spectrums aren't gonna be optimal for growing
but I don't see you doing too bad if you get led's made for growing and flowering

oh yea some of the newer lights have cree xml led's on them too those are white
they also have some green and uv but not a lot
it all depends on the light and the manufacturer lots of sponsors manufacture lights
and a lot of people here using them just gotta figure out whats right for you

Yeh sorta figured it wouldn't be ideal just wondered if anyone is using the lights with this spectrum as alot of the expensive high wattage led panels im looking at have very similar spectrum with switchable settings for each set of bulbs.

Unfortunately there are no sponsors in my area that i could find if that was doable id order a budmaster and be done with it but shipping to oceanic region is crazy for those panels. So ebay it is, i started a new thread in the lighting section and put up a few spec sheets there.

if anyone wants to help please look at this thread!
Aquarium leds penetration and spectrum workable for veg? ebay panel for flower?

thanks all :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom