Looking for an inexpensive COB or LED lighting here in Canada

JUDGEmentDAY

i had two mars 300" and a red/blue flower/bloom light. i gifted all those lights too my uncle. im looking for some recommendations on some more powerful leds or cobs now. thing is i dont know about cobs personally. but i do see cobs are a white light, as my mars leds were red/blue/etc. anyone have any info regarding cobs vs leds. interested in more penetration in the canopy. thx all from south of sudbury.

I use quantum board leds. I recommend Timber because they are a sponsor that carries cobs. I believe @SweetSue uses Timber cobs. Perhaps she can help answer your questions.

Stunned
would you care to elaborate on your comment. this is why im here is to ask about recomendations

Hello JUDGEmentDAY. :hug: He was just trying to save you some potential grief. Often when we buy unknown product lines we end up with a less-than-anticipated harvest and no one to thank for than than ourselves.

Unless you’re savvy enough about lights to determine if the cheap light is a better value for your setup and circumstance it’s worth it to spend more and get quality. And quality like @TimberGrowLights is hard to beat. Their lights are the finest workmanship I’ve personally seen, and I’ve been in a number of member grows.

I’m a big fan of all their lights, and incidentally, they will make qbs for a special order. I’m only using one of my lights at the moment.....

...but I’ve had great success with all the Timber lights I’ve used. Dan would be the man to help you decide on the appropriate light to meet your garden’s needs. You can wait for him to get this notice or contact him directly. Dan’s customer service is legendary around these parts. :battingeyelashes:

i didnt mean my comment to seem abrupt or ignorant. im in no way a big grower. i had a two plant closet grow i harvested this year. that was my first attept. your lights are out of realm tbh. although a good investment, i cant do an expensive setup at the moment. i got 8 ozs off two plants in a closet with two mars 300"s. im not comparing to anyone. its a hobby for me at the moment.

i didnt mean my comment to seem abrupt or ignorant. im in no way a big grower. i had a two plant closet grow i harvested this year. that was my first attept. your lights are out of realm tbh. although a good investment, i cant do an expensive setup at the moment. i got 8 ozs off two plants in a closet with two mars 300"s. im not comparing to anyone. its a hobby for me at the moment.
Thats how I all starts my friend!
Been awhile since I’ve been on here. Congrats on you harvest by the way. Also wanted to say that Growmau5 on YouTube also shows how to build some inexpensive cob led lights as well.

I don't think anyone heard a voice other than that of a quizzical grower, and I fully understand the financial limitations most of us face. Four oz per plant on average makes you above average in my book. Lol! Well done sir. :high-five:

I've grown with Mars lights too, and been satisfied. They didn't stand up as well, long term, but their cost made it worth the investment. Dan, at Timber, has me spoiled with white light units. I have a difficult time with the blurple lights.

Been awhile since I’ve been on here. Congrats on you harvest by the way. Also wanted to say that Growmau5 on YouTube also shows how to build some inexpensive cob led lights as well.

Well there ya go. Build your own. :battingeyelashes:

optic 4, optic 6 , optic 8 are all good lights/ there is a great sponsor on here that deals with cob lighting idk about inexpensive for cob lighting lol but with cobs you get what u pay for i run a optic 4 and love it it has explosive growth a timer and full spectrum the sponsor here for 420 click on them and see what they have to offer

Definitely.... if you're ok with very basic wiring DIY is the way to go and it's half the cost as getting it fully assembled
@PurpleGunRack is very good on this topic

Back
Top Bottom