I'm a newb! Totally unsure of what light to buy!

alright i think ive made my choice guys, going to go with the bloombeast A900, possibly the A1280

When you do start, let us know the journal is started. Will like to see how the light works out.

alright i think ive made my choice guys, going to go with the bloombeast A900, possibly the A1280

I was reading the ads on Amazon before replying. One of the comments reads "Does not cover stated square footage. Quality light, well built and runs cool. Arrived on time and in perfect condition."

Based on my experience with the Chinese 1800W, which draws 300W, I agree that neither of these will give you the results you want in a 4' X 4' tent. The A520 draws 228W, and the A900 draws 380W. The recommendation for flowering is 35 - 50 watts from the wall per square foot. The A900 would produce decent results in a 2' X 4' tent. If I were buying for your tent, and limited to the Bloombeast, I'd go with four A520s or one A1660. My preference would be the four A 520s for better light distribution in the tent.

It may not be what you want to hear, but your light is probably your single most expensive purchase when starting out. My personal experience is that It does not pay to scrimp on it.

This is why i simply cant convert to LED lighting as everyones oppinions are all different where when i started growing with a HPS i only bought for $80 and still to this day im still pulling quality harvests, i use an MH bulb for veg and a dual spectrum for flowering which came with the setup, i get 4 8 week flowering grows out of my bulb on the dual and iv never once changed the veg bulb, for the amount of money LED lighting costs is it really worth it?

Its a myth of only using half the wattage, if it says its a 900w and only pulls 450w ect all your getting is 450w, many growers like cult who have used them will tell you the same.

It may just be me but i do like to get my moneys worth of electricity knowing im getting the per watt per sqm.

It may not be what you want to hear, but your light is probably your single most expensive purchase when starting out. My personal experience is that It does not pay to scrimp on it.

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus.....if you're strapped maybe just buy enough to light half the tent for now. I have 380 watts of reputable chinese leds in my 2x4 and it is definitely plenty.

I'm currently using a MarsHydro in a 4x4
Marshydro Reflector 480W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Bloom

1666160305847.png

This is my very first grow. I think I would have been much further along if I bought a second one.

I'm currently using a MarsHydro in a 4x4
Marshydro Reflector 480W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Bloom
This is my very first grow. I think I would have been much further along if I bought a second one.
Ya, that's the newer version of my TopLED with the 5 watt chips. It only pulls 190 watts from the wall. That's a tall order for a 4x4! 2 of those cover a 3x3 space really nice.

The only LED I have used that gave real yield and quality was the quasar 1030w (actual draw from wall) from Ninthplanet LED but they no longer make them as they are mega expensive to manufacture and even more to sell. Min cost £1600 each and I paid cost for them, they retailed around £2500! But they worked amazing. However when running rooms with multiple lights it just didn't make sense to buy more as the price of 1 LED covered the cost of 15 600w HPS Bulbs, digital ballasts and shades which is a good room. Id of needed 8 LED to compete with the HPS, do the math.

Back
Top Bottom