Aphids or spider mites

Fatlad

Hi guys been noticing yellow dots all over my leaves and when I've looked under my leaves seen all thes little creatures ... never encountered any problems before so not really sure what I'm looking at but I guess they are not doing my plants any favours :( .. they are 2 week into flower .. could anyone tell me what they are and fingers crossed they are not the dreaded spider mites

20201130_175056.jpg

20201130_175043.jpg

Spider mites for sure. Check out . sierra products. A site sponsor

Safers soap. Iso alc one to one with water.

Most of all. Dilligence

Karma sent friend

ditto... the dreaded spider mites. SNS is good stuff... So are ladybugs if you want to go that route and stay natural. Neem, safers and all that is for the brute strength crowd, but be sure to do a test spray on some branches before committing all the way with that stuff... I almost killed an entire tent's crop one day spraying neem around like a wild woman.

To be fair it looks like its pretty infested in there ... theres 8 altogether all showing signs of some sort of infestation harm .. thanks for the advice .. cant go the ladybug root as I'm uk based and wouldn't know where to get my hands on them if I wanted to so looks like its some sort of chemical route I'm gonna have to take ... even if I did I'm not sure i would be able to get every leaf and stem due to scorogging etc

If you see yellow/black it’s spider mites for sure.
With that many + eggs on a leaf it looks like they are dug in pretty good.
I get drastic with them, they don’t respond well to kindness.
I take the plant outside and use the hose to spray (the underside) the leaves. 99% of them are on the underside so I turn the plant sideways and spray it fairly aggressively and let it drip dry. I feel like a large majority of them are displaced by this. I like ladybugs to do the cleanup but if there is no time, I generally stick to garlic/soap based spray unless I ABSOLUTELY have to use neem. Trick is doing it a few times a week until they are gone, but it flower it’s becomes tougher every day. Still, the plant is ruined if you don’t act fast, so definitely do something.

If you see yellow/black it’s spider mites for sure.
With that many + eggs on a leaf it looks like they are dug in pretty good.
I get drastic with them, they don’t respond well to kindness.
I take the plant outside and use the hose to spray (the underside) the leaves. 99% of them are on the underside so I turn the plant sideways and spray it fairly aggressively and let it drip dry. I feel like a large majority of them are displaced by this. I like ladybugs to do the cleanup but if there is no time, I generally stick to garlic/soap based spray unless I ABSOLUTELY have to use neem. Trick is doing it a few times a week until they are gone, but it flower it’s becomes tougher every day. Still, the plant is ruined if you don’t act fast, so definitely do something.
There's no way I can take them outside .. I think I might as well accept the facts and look like I'm gonna lose them :(

You need not lose them/it

Salvage them. You will never get them all

Accept that. Then salvage what you can

Iso will work. With caution. Even into flower

Super wash at harvest then smoke a few mites. I have

Since you won’t get them all today let me expound on what was said.... elevate the plant, spray undersides first, get stalks and stem too, lower the plant down and spray the tops of leaves and top of the soil. The reason to start on undersides is thats where they hang out plus if you spray top side first the leaves will droop downward and you won’t get good coverage on undersides.

We’ve all been there.... best of luck!

That’s funny because I was eyeballing a jug of oil dormant today contemplating the woes of a growers budget
Mine cost less than 20 for a half gallon and last along time. I just treated about 50 plants and didn't even put a dent in the bottle. Ill keep treating my veg plants weekly with it, the plants actually seem to love it.

Thanks Marz!! Roger that - that’s a done deal..... I’m all about the bud wash anyway! I do more of a bud soak tho, don’t like the baking soda & lemon juice part so I do plain water. Don’t like the hydrogen peroxide part either but if I have critters at chop then yes that’s an option

Mostly mineral oil isn’t that correct? Yeah Neem is organic too but I hate the stuff, the scent makes me want to heave big chunks. Yes I use it but I hate it - it is a good bug killer tho. Spinosad is an isolate from sugar cane & pyrethrin products are from crushed Chrysanthemums.

Thanks Marz!! Roger that - that’s a done deal..... I’m all about the bud wash anyway! I do more of a bud soak tho, don’t like the baking soda & lemon juice part so I do plain water. Don’t like the hydrogen peroxide part either but if I have critters at chop then yes that’s an option

Mostly mineral oil isn’t that correct? Yeah Neem is organic too but I hate the stuff, the scent makes me want to heave big chunks. Yes I use it but I hate it - it is a good bug killer tho. Spinosad is an isolate from sugar cane & pyrethrin products are from crushed Chrysanthemums.
The mineral oil has a scent but its not bad at all. After years of growing i have battled mites a few times and nothing ever seems to get rid of them 100%.
Once I started using the mineral oil it wipes them out, suffocates the eggs and never see anymore critters after my second treatment. The way it works it doesn't kill the mite so much but keeps the eggs from hatching. Mites have a pretty short lifespan, after they die your golden!

Back
Top Bottom