Appears not all cannabis is the same

Tgb7283

It would appear from several post I have seen there are different effects to be expected from different strains. Where can I find information on what strains have what effects? In my day you just bought a bag and smoked it, some was better than others but it was all pretty much the same thing. I remember Colombian was pretty much the favorite. Currently researching growing techniques but apparently I need to understand about the different types of smoke available. Still employed, hopefully soon to retire, so for now anyway, I'm still under the old drug test cloud.

Good Mroning TGB :welcome:

1st the very basic break down.

Sativas: Energetic, Uplifting, Cerebral High. Typically good for daytime when you need to still function.

Indicas: Sedating, Relaxing, Body High. Typically good for nighttime to relieve stress and aid with sleep.

Hybrids: Combinations of Both Sativas and Indicas to achieve desired traits of both, including effects.

There are lots of resources on effects of different strains
Got to point out the Forums you are on 1st :cheesygrinsmiley:
420Mag has lots of the information you are looking for if you look for it.
1. Grow Journals - Most people who have journals on here also give a smoke report on the plants they harvest. Great way to learn a lot about the strain that you are researching, not just its effects when consumed.
2. Strain Reviews - Another good place on here to get information about specific strains

Seed Bank Websites also typically give descriptions of the effects for the strains they sell.

There are other resources out there on the web, but can not promote them on here. So I suggest research here. If you can't find it then ask here. If you still can't find it google is your friend. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Now to throw you a curve ball...
How a plant is grown, when it is harvested, and how it is dried and cured will also influence its effects. So strain reviews and descriptions are a general idea of what to expect but there may be small differences due to the many other factors.

There are endless things to learn about this wonderful plant, it's cultivation, and it's use.

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

:passitleft:

Wow, great post Alchemist! Also OP you could checkout the website/app called leafly to find the right strain for you if for whatever reason you cant find anything here :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you for the responce. Sorry I took so long to say thanks. This job keeps me on the road 90% of the time. Can't wait to retire, untill then I'll just be stalking around here learning all I can. Great site..great people....thanks!

Back
Top Bottom