Applying Nutrients

Tarek N

I just planted autos in ocean forest and have mega crop it says on the site to add 1 gram per gallon the first 1-5 days. I'm assuming that's the strength of what I feed every watering. I added it to yo a bucket and it's hard to see that much doing anything! I know it's a real beginner question but, do people find that's the way it tends to be with nutes in general?

Never used mega but that sounds right. Also you can save your nutes by doing the math and mixing less. Every nute is different in measurements but that’s right for beginner dose for new plants using MC.

1 gram per gallon
1/2 gram for half gallon
quarter gram per quart

So these 3 mixes above are all same strength but less waste or chance for spoiling. Don’t know if it happens to mega crop or not but there is a thing called bloom where your nute water will grow shit (bad bacteria funky smell) if / when you mix a large batch and let it sit for several days before use. But yes with mega start at 1 g per gallon and watch the plants before moving up or staying on same dose.

Do you have a journal? @Mr. Sauga could probably help guide you on the Megacrop use, he has tutored many folks to success along the way.

Small doses for seedlings is right. I don't even feed mine for the first 14 days or so because the seed and the soil has all that's needed, but that varies with growing medium (I use peat based gardening soil with some NPK). There's lots info about it here - almost too much :laughtwo:

Edit: I just checked out that Ocean Forest soil. It seems to have all you need for the first couple of weeks, so I wouldn't pour in nutes straight away. Maybe someone with Ocean Farm experience can comment.

Thanks 013.

I just planted autos in ocean forest and have mega crop it says on the site to add 1 gram per gallon the first 1-5 days. I'm assuming that's the strength of what I feed every watering. I added it to yo a bucket and it's hard to see that much doing anything! I know it's a real beginner question but, do people find that's the way it tends to be with nutes in general?
Once the first or second set of true leaves you can introduce 1/2g per gallon in FFOF. You increase slowly over the next several weeks not going over 4g/gal during veg. The plants will let you know when it's time for an increase by the color changes

When they say day one, do they mean germinated or sprouted? Also how much does it help having your plants raised say a foot off the ground as far as humidity/temp/co2?

I have an "exhale" bag, and I use a sugar/yeast diy. I know co2 drops, is it the same for humidity or is it even throughout?

Nice - I’ve wanted to try them, yes co2 drops out. Hmm I don’t have all the answers for sure but would imagine there is a microclimate within everything. Air circulates one way inside the home based on number of windows or doors, the ambient temp and push pull of hvac systems but then the air circulates different inside a room or tent for same reasons, warm air rises & cool air sinks and rh has to move within that flow.

I have a long deep closet with a fan. I dont know how it affects things. Oh, would adding humates to mega crop help? I'm also adding rapid start

20210115_144437.jpg

Back
Top Bottom