Are LED's really better then fluro's. You be the judge!

ledtester

A friend showed me this grow a few weeks back after he got into an argument here with some LED growers and Manufactures. I will not embarass anyone by posting your LED grow pictures here. You on the other hand are more then welcome!
2346t_AK-day21-008-thumb.gif

2346t_NEW-CAB-009-thumb1.gif

2346t_NEW-CAB-024-thumb.gif

2346t_NEW-CAB-028-thumb.gif

2346t_NEW-CAB-026-thumb1.gif

2346t_AK-day33-017-thumb1.gif

2346t_AK-day33-016-thumb1.gif

2346t_AK-day33-014-thumb1.gif

2346t_AK-day33-013-thumb1.gif

what do you think is better 8-4ft. t5's or LED ? im using the sun system 8 its my first grow with it and i think its pretty good seems a little slower but iv got quite a few colas bigger than an arizona ice tea can , 2x4 closet grow sea of green method ,im growing martian mean green its suppose to take 10 weeks to finish flowering at the end of this week it will be 10 but i think its going to take 11 or 12 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, smokr1

what do you think is better 8-4ft. t5's or LED ? im using the sun system 8 its my first grow with it and i think its pretty good seems a little slower but iv got quite a few colas bigger than an arizona ice tea can , 2x4 closet grow sea of green method ,im growing martian mean green its suppose to take 10 weeks to finish flowering at the end of this week it will be 10 but i think its going to take 11 or 12 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, smokr1

For a hundred bucks for parts resulted in .7grs/w (above) vs some $1500 for a 500w panel that will give you have the coverage and same results if your lucky....what do you think? I say build 15 f*cking boxes for your friends...lol!Here's some more info in case some one wants to giver a try..:peacetwo::goodluck:

At the end of this grow, Dub ended up yielding around .7 grams per watt or somewheres around 350 grams per 512 watt rack. I've built the fluoro rack this way. I like it in short spaces. It's cool running & gets the light all around without worrying about a single point of light. Each 512 watt rack is really only 450 watts of energy.

"well actually i say that 512 to atract attention...in reality once you use that "ballast factor" bullshit here in the US...its 450watts..still more then the c13 but still..pisses me off haha" " hey i got a few questions about how i build this light rack for $100 so instead of typing basically the same thing again im just going to copy a post i wrote a few days ago explaining it all... should help a lot...also just thought id share a pic of the seeds that started germing today

"yea home depot can lick my fat sac haha... call around to your local electrical suppliers...the warehouses that would sell to electricians and stuff...tell em what you need... the place i called was more then cooperative and the salesman whos been helping me really knew his shit about fluorescent lighting... here i just went and bought an entire new setup for another cab... ill run ya down the cost... ok quantity of 4 four lamp 32w t8 electronic ballasts $15.63 ea. which is $62.52 total..... 16 5000K t8 tubes (sylvania) 1.98 each which is $31.68 total, 32 lamp holders at $.37 each give ya $11.84 total...add those together for a grand total of $106.04 plus tax...not bad huh? id tell ya the name of the place i buy from but they are local and not a national franchise so it wouldnt do many of you much help and it would sort of let you narrow down where i live LOL... but im tellin ya..just get in the phone book and start callin...make everycompany run you through the order item by item and get a total price..tell them to give you a quote number and they will store it in their computer...after you've called all the palces near by see which one is cheapest and call back with the quote number, tell them to put it on "will call" and when you walk in the door it will bge all packed up waiting for you... thats how most plkaces work...hope that helps..yea fuck home depot...when i had prced this stuff the first time i went to buy it all (online) it was like $250... when i called this electrical supply place he said "$96 +tax and i almost shit (the first one was cheaper because 3000K tubes are like $.50 less)... good luck""
got my fan today, got all the duct i needed, and hopefully this weekend i should have the entire vent system finished..i still have to build a new piece to add on to my scrubber but that should take too long.... i also plan to hang the doors this weekend..got the hinges and harware for it.....also i got some new toys int he mail today...all the thing i will need to do a SOG... got 100 6"square pots but i only figured on fitting 32 of them in there which would give me 4 plants/sq. ft but i managed to stuff 45 of them in there which will give me 5.5plants per square/ft! me likely lol.... so i also got 2 20"X10" trays, and 6" clear humidity domes, some tiger bloom to hopefully fix my somewhat sick plants (they are just hungry i think).... the little organic starter plugs were just a last minute thing..i usualy use jiffy peat pellets to clone but these looked interesting so i got a bunch of them...thats about it... not to get carried away or anything i did crunch some rough but very reasonable numbers and if i can pull 14g per plant in a SOG system i will be looking at a ballpark yield of 1.5lbs!!! not too bad for fluoros LOL... PEACE!

I find the companies state their finishing times based on commercial grows. Most say 8 weeks and they always go 10. That's why at most you can get 5 crops in a year if you're really on top of things

I was hoping some LED growers would come and show off your grow. This is about giving people the information needed to make wise choices.:thumb: Many different LED's out there. Which one's are good...show them off here!:welcome:

Excuse me while I whip this out!

000_01191.JPG

I've never given much care for the this light vs that light stuff. My herb is the best it's ever been since using LED and HPS Son Agro together. I would like to see the results of LED and T5 VHO together and I would also like to see a big 600 watt LED like Pit Viper's work with a 1000 watt HPS.:yummy:

LEDS are 55 watt red & blue panel, 13 watt spotlight, and 90 watt UFX from California Nursery + 430 watt Son Agro with an Eye Hortilux bulb

Excuse me while I whip this out!

000_01191.JPG

I've never given much care for the this light vs that light stuff. My herb is the best it's ever been since using LED and HPS Son Agro together. I would like to see the results of LED and T5 VHO together and I would also like to see a big 600 watt LED like Pit Viper's work with a 1000 watt HPS.:yummy:

Were you just usiong sodium before? What kind of improvement have you found?

Yeah I've always only used HPS Son Agro until the last three crops. The LED tends to make the trics cover a bud earlier, heavier, and more aggressively throughout the bloom period making a more potent harvest. Not to mention more frost on the leaves for hash.:yummy:
I did notice there seemed to be more frost with LED's but when I compared potency It didnt seem to be better. Mind you these were seperate grows so I haven't tried a combination of the two. Do you have more then one led then so that all of your crop are sharing or not?

Right now in the bloom hut there is just the 90 and 13 watt. I keep the main 430 stationary and orbit the UFO around the main light each day so it will be on the left side today, right side tommorow, front side the next day etc.
I pulled the 55 watt panel to try out as a cloning light this past week. It's done a good job rooting the clones so now I can replace an obnoxious 125 watt cfl grow light that's too big, heavy, and produces too much heat
When it's not being used as the new clone light I'll put the 55 watt panel back into orbit with the UFO

000_0212.JPG

I did notice there seemed to be more frost with LED's but when I compared potency It didnt seem to be better. Mind you these were seperate grows so I haven't tried a combination of the two. Do you have more then one led then so that all of your crop are sharing or not?

My judgement in increased potency was based on my own WW. I used to be able to roll a joint and finish it but now just a couple pipe hits and I'm baked!

My judgement in increased potency was based on my own WW. I used to be able to roll a joint and finish it but now just a couple pipe hits and I'm baked!
We used WW on the side by side. the LED tasted different, more crystal but I didn't find it more potent but we did have the same problem of stalled growth and premature coloring of the pistils that others are experiencing. How gar along are those girls you posted first?

We used WW on the side by side. the LED tasted different, more crystal but I didn't find it more potent but we did have the same problem of stalled growth and premature coloring of the pistils that others are experiencing. How gar along are those girls you posted first?

I dont want to write this as cold hard fact but i think the drop off in potency for an LED only grow is because the density of the bud is not there like it is with HID but the crystal production is. When you combine the two, you get the density which means more area of the bud to be covered and the increased production of resin from the LED makes for a more potent product.:rollit:

Those ladies in that pic have been harvested and curing for the last three weeks. It's a nice one hitter quitter with a rich fruity flavor. Here is a pic of those buds when they were harvested
000_01591.JPG

Back
Top Bottom