Are my 2 weeks seedlings small/stunted?

djbouty

420 Member
A little background:
Tent: Homelab 60x60x100
Soil: General soil with 4 weeks food (as stated on the package)
Light: LED Kit Lights 200 W (though i think it is very very weak)
Temperature/Humidity: 28-29 C (82-84 F) / 34-38
Ventilation: Honeywell Super Turbo HT900-E

The seed broke out of the ground 2 April, and then immediately went for the light and got a bit stretchy at 8 cm (3 inches). It stretched because it is the first time i used LED and did not know what distance should it be. I corrected the LED distance at about 5 cm (2 inches) from the leafs which is really odd because i thought LEDs were more powerful but it is roughly the same distance as i used to keep the CFL.

Other than a bit of stretch, the leafs are very greed and not showing any other problems. Is it ok for that age, am i getting worried about nothing or is the plant too small or stunted maybe from the light?

Attachments

• plt1.JPG
    plt1.JPG
    416 KB · Views: 106
  • plt2.JPG
    plt2.JPG
    314.2 KB · Views: 101
  • plt3.JPG
    plt3.JPG
    363.7 KB · Views: 112
  • plt4.JPG
    plt4.JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 117
Your rH is 34-38?! That's BONE dry for a seedling!

I'd try and go with at least 600 watts for the lights. As big as the tent is, you won't get much coverage with 200 watts. I run a 3 x 3 tent and use a 1000 watt LED. They're not all that pricey anymore. It looks like they're stretching for the light too. I'd put a fan (gentle breeze) on them to strengthen the stems, until you figure out a fix. Just enough air to wiggle the stems a bit.

Put a dome over it (clear solo cup) so you can get the RH up in the 80s. Spray the inside over the cup with water.
Here’s a VPD chart to refer to....
80F-80%
674DECBD-50C8-4D94-9EB4-822637E20B53.jpeg

I'd try and go with at least 600 watts for the lights. As big as the tent is, you won't get much coverage with 200 watts. I run a 3 x 3 tent and use a 1000 watt LED. They're not all that pricey anymore. It looks like they're stretching for the light too. I'd put a fan (gentle breeze) on them to strengthen the stems, until you figure out a fix. Just enough air to wiggle the stems a bit.

I have the fan already up, and just waiting for my plant to get bigger so to move it to my sunny balcony. Don't know what to do to make it grow faster besides adjusting himidity and temp.

Back
Top Bottom