Are my babies doomed?

Creeper

Hi all,

Growing these babies in soil - 33% perlite, 33% organic compost, 33% organic potting soil. They are approximately 4 weeks old now and get watered every 4 days. They've been fed MG grow nutes twice - once at week 2 and once at week 3. MG nutes are all I have access to. Soil pH is about 6.5. Oh, and they're unknown bagseed. They're under fluorescent lights 24/0. Temps range from 65-80. Humidity is between 30-60% depending on the time of day. They were topped a few days ago.

The yellowing/striping started around week 2.5. I let it go because all the new growth was coming in just dandy. However, it's now starting to spread to the newer leaves and I'm getting some rust spots. I have another strain growing as well under that exact same conditions, and that one is doing fine - no spots, yellowing, etc.

img_2902_rsz.jpg

img_2901_rsz.jpg

Any ideas?

Always flush when you start seeing problems...your babies dont look doomed yet though as you can see new growth ....did you clone the cuttings? You should be feeding them every 3 days with ph adjusted water in between.

Thank you for your input, ledtester.

I don't believe in flushing plants that are 4 weeks old. I think it's simply removing all nutrients from the soil, and that's not a good thing. There hasn't been enough time to accumulate any salts in the soil.

No, I didn't make clones. I have plenty of seeds - I just don't want to lose a month worth of growth.

As far as watering goes, every 4 days is just right for these plants. I live in a humid state.

If you've only been using water to feed your plants for four weeks, with only two feedings then you have washed most of the nutrients away!

This IMO and seems to me your plant is clearly showing signs of Mg deficiency Green veins and yellowing leaves, i would repot then when the roots reach the drainage holes at the bottom start to feed lightly and work your way up slowly every other feeding.. Till your ready to flower

Most of the basic nutriments have been striped from your soil! How big are those pots?? Plants can get really hungry during veg and you've only fertilized them twice in four weeks

Whats the NPK of the MG grow ??

Thank you for your input, ledtester.

I don't believe in flushing plants that are 4 weeks old. I think it's simply removing all nutrients from the soil, and that's not a good thing. There hasn't been enough time to accumulate any salts in the soil.

No, I didn't make clones. I have plenty of seeds - I just don't want to lose a month worth of growth.

As far as watering goes, every 4 days is just right for these plants. I live in a humid state.
What's in your soil now that is causing the problem? I would want to get it out , or did you post cause your plant has an airborne virus? are you not feeding your 4 week old plants yet? cause they are looking a little diffecient,,,,
But you know best...:thumb:

What's in your soil now that is causing the problem? I would want to get it out , or did you post cause your plant has an airborne virus? are you not feeding your 4 week old plants yet? cause they are looking a little diffecient,,,,
But you know best...:thumb:

Don't pay know mind to others that don't appreciate help Led... Since you joined 420 i've noticed you've done your best to help others and have contrabuted allot of info

+Rep

Tbd

Wow, I ask a simple question, give a simple reply, and I get abuse. Nice.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Wow, I ask a simple question, give a simple reply, and I get abuse. Nice.

Thanks for the help, guys.

C'mon, Creeper....Abuse ? I don't think so. If you ask for :helpsmilie: and others reply, the least you can do is listen and be appreciative. :thanks:

Your reply made it sound like you already know it all...You decide :thumb:

Its an iron def, induced by excess manganese.

Although it has a chlorotic patter similar to that of a magnesium def, it lacks the necrotic spots that a Mg def exhibits.

Manganese is mobile in soil at low pH.

To decrease the conc. of manganese in the soil water with distilled H2O that is pH-ed to 5.0. Then water with 2x the volume of H2O that is ph-ed to 7.0. Finnally water with a nute solution that is pH-ed to 6.5, and about 600 ppm.

You should see the chlorotic tissue regreen in about 7 to 10 days

too much nutrient, flush and give it water for the next 2 to 3 weeks and then small nutrient when watering you should be fine

Back
Top Bottom