Are my buds immature?

Those buds look kinda rubbery you've got this far bro, you are near the end. Hopefully you've been keeping notes from germination to your pre harvest. Once these are harvested & cured, get your next crop going! I've not started my 1st grow yet but I'd be happy to accomplish what you have.

If those were my plants I would just harvest and chalk it up to experience. Still some useable bud there. Technically speaking they won’t be mature (IMO) for another week and a half or two weeks. But they’ve had such a hard go of it that they may not improve from here on. Once you get all that dead sugar leaf on the buds, it makes it hell to trim, and tends to keep dying back into the buds.

Resin glands can get killed off the same as other parts of the plant do. When they do they turn a reddish color. You can find a few at all stages of flowering, and in your case probably more than a few.

You’ll grow better ones next time. Maybe time to start focussing on the next round and wrap this one up.
:thumb:

ok guys, i've harvested 3/4 of the crop and left 4-5 big buds, I dont have fresh clones to go in and my seeds wont arrive for another week, I might give these buds until over the weekend, i'll closely monitor the sugar leaves, if they completely fry up to the bud ill snip

Hello , what did you grow these plants in soil or coco , because if it was in coco 700-800 ppm is way to strong as you water/feed every day , I have never gotten much over 400 ppm in coco and even in soil that is 3/4 of the way to limit of most plants that size ,

Hello , what did you grow these plants in soil or coco , because if it was in coco 700-800 ppm is way to strong as you water/feed every day , I have never gotten much over 400 ppm in coco and even in soil that is 3/4 of the way to limit of most plants that size ,

yeh coco, really? im only using 3/4 of the solution aswell =\

the plants took a hit half way through flowering and lost 1/2 of their leaves, after that I believe the buds sucked nutes from the sugar leaves. I don't believe theres any nute burn, tds runoff was around 7-800.

Im really worried about pulling those big buds, so many large white hairs
yeh coco, really? im only using 3/4 of the solution aswell =\
Glad you pulled, am I right in guessing there was some pretty serious light burn at some stage? I hope you get something reasonable out of all your hard work. Would be great to see you do a grow journal next time around. I grow in Coco too, I have a journal running at the moment and one in my signature if you want to check them out. If you do do a journal make sure to sub me in, I'd love to follow. :thumb:

Glad you pulled, am I right in guessing there was some pretty serious light burn at some stage? I hope you get something reasonable out of all your hard work. Would be great to see you do a grow journal next time around. I grow in Coco too, I have a journal running at the moment and one in my signature if you want to check them out. If you do do a journal make sure to sub me in, I'd love to follow. :thumb:

yep, around week 4 of flower they got smashed with light burn and lost almost all the fan leafs, I think im currently at week 8, I'll defently be keeping a journal next time :)

I have 5 critical haze plants 4 weeks into veg that im about to flip, but they're all untrained

How tall are they now as they will double in height , do you have the head room in your tent for the stretch or you may have a light problem again , you may want to trim them before the flip , i have a 8 ft high tent and i always top my plants at least once just to keep them away from the lights , i have never grown critical haze , 16 inches in veg can very easily become 40 inches in flower plus the pot height plus 18 inches for the light distance , you see where i am going with this .

No offense

But no way they are 20% clear and 20% Amber
Yer looking at sugar leaves,cwekk ones that aren't burnt up anyways

Lots of white hairs, I'd say two weeks to go, still hard in the HPS lights, but guess you won't fix that

So

Good luck
Hey mate, what ratio of white hairs to shriveled hairs do you expect to see at completion?

Hey mate, what ratio of white hairs to shriveled hairs do you expect to see at completion?
This is a hard question to answer. It varies by strain. Some will kept putting out new pistils forever- but not in the same spots you have them now. Some people will say to just ignore the pistils and only go by the resin glands. Myself I never check resin glands- I just look at the overall appearance same as we are doing with your pics.

Short answer - for your plants I’d expect to see 85-100% red pistils by the end. Many heavy indica strains have no living pistils left when I harvest.

yep, around week 4 of flower they got smashed with light burn and lost almost all the fan leafs, I think im currently at week 8, I'll defently be keeping a journal next time :)

I have 5 critical haze plants 4 weeks into veg that im about to flip, but they're all untrained
I keep my lights low 1st 1/2 veg then turn them up a little for end veg beginning flower. Big green light sucking leaves. Was ch your nodal
Spacing to not stretch too much. Week 5-6 I turn the light up up. By week 10 I’m blasting them with 1200ppfd.
I’m in promix with docbuds Kit. The best advice I’d give is plan on 10weeks of flower.

This is a hard question to answer. It varies by strain. Some will kept putting out new pistils forever- but not in the same spots you have them now. Some people will say to just ignore the pistils and only go by the resin glands. Myself I never check resin glands- I just look at the overall appearance same as we are doing with your pics.

Short answer - for your plants I’d expect to see 85-100% red pistils by the end. Many heavy indica strains have no living pistils left when I harvest.
I’m not a trich checker either. Too subjective. The plant should look and smell ripe. New growth stopped or is ripening. And the plant won’t take water or nutes up very well like it was. That’s how I know to harvest. It the bud tips are growing and the tiny buds on the stems keep reappearing plants still growing. You add so much weight in those last (often skipped) weeks.

How tall are they now as they will double in height , do you have the head room in your tent for the stretch or you may have a light problem again , you may want to trim them before the flip , i have a 8 ft high tent and i always top my plants at least once just to keep them away from the lights , i have never grown critical haze , 16 inches in veg can very easily become 40 inches in flower plus the pot height plus 18 inches for the light distance , you see where i am going with this .

i didnt consider this, i have a 2m tall tent, I was going to swap to 12/12 today, (been in veg for 1 month) two of the plants are quite tall, probably around 1/2 the height of the tent, (just double checked, they're defently going to be too high)

Is it safe to top them just as I switch to 12/12? How much can I take off?

You can, but personally I wouldn’t top them now- it leads to a bunch of bushy growth which I find annoying. Any plant can be bent horizontally if need be. Bending and training has a better result with less cost to the plant growth IMO. Look into supercropping, bending, and tomato cages. I regularly train even the stretchiest sativas down to a manageable height in flowering.

i didnt consider this, i have a 2m tall tent, I was going to swap to 12/12 today, (been in veg for 1 month) two of the plants are quite tall, probably around 1/2 the height of the tent, (just double checked, they're defently going to be too high)

Is it safe to top them just as I switch to 12/12? How much can I take off?
Topping would stop some upward growth.mines same height tent. I supercrop. Forced/trained horizontal growth.growth. I have all the room for buds
D2031F05-EAB0-41BE-ACBC-0ED3B99F2EF5.jpeg
them.

Back
Top Bottom