Are my clones dying (picture)

teamgilly

these clones are a little over a week and they look like they are going downhill fast, do they look normal? can anyone tell me if this is just the natural process of rooting? thanks for any help.
clones_6_.JPG
clones_3_1.JPG

clones28.JPG

clones_3_1.JPG

Re: are my clones dieing (picture)

teamgilley, ok salvageable here on the clones. I want you to do a few things.
1st, Trim off all yellow and hanging leaves. But I want you to follow the pics I will post up for you here in a few minutes showing how to trim off cuttings and their leaves in a better way.
Are you keeping the rockwool "wet" I see the misting that you are doing.
What was the clone or cutting gel or homeone agent used?

teamgilley: here are some cuttings that are have started to root after 3-5 days.
Please observe the "cuttings" and how I trimmed the leaves. Trim your cuttings leaves off as per the pics. The excess stress with the leaves weight hanging off the main stem of the cuttings is too great for the cutting to handle.
IMG_5218lo_clone_Sweet_Tooth.JPG

IMG_5225lo_Sweet_Tooth_Cuttings_5_days_old.JPG

IMG_5222lo_Sweet_Tooth_Clones_rooted_4th_day.JPG

Note: All hanging original leaves have been cut at the main stem. Note: all remaining leaves have been trimmed diagonal as so these leaves will not droop the cutting. That causes major stress to a cutting.

the rockwool is still wet and i am misting like two times a day and used clonex rooting compound
thank u for your help

ok so cut all the leaves in half and cut off all the leaves off that are lower on stem?

i did what u said, here ared the results. what should i do next, what should i expect next. by the way thank you very much for your help!!!

fixed_8_.JPG

fixed_7_.JPG

fixed_6_.JPG

fixed_4_.JPG

fixed_3_.JPG

i looked at these picture i just posted and went back and trimed them somemore there are now no brown leaves

It's not really the excess weight that's causing the problem. It's all the energy the clone has to use to support all that vegetation. There isn't any energy left to grow roots with. When a plant grows it transpires (sweats) through the leaves. This requires energy. the more leaves the more energy required. Also...a clone can only uptake so much moisture through the stem without roots. With too much vegetation it starts to transpire more moisture than it can uptake and you start to get dieing and dried out leaves. One answer to controlling transpiration is a humidity dome and mistings but even that will only support a certain amount of vegetive matter. So to slow transpiration you trim the leaves like cherma has and the plant can uptake enough moisture to support life and can only sweat out as much as the trimmed leaves allow. This leaves enough energy to encourage and support root growth.
For future reference...
How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

thanks they are starting to show roots now after over 3 weeks. Im buying a cloner!!!

well just an update, it took along time but all those clones rooted and are now transplated and are about 6 inches. when they reach 12 ill start to flower and this will be starting the end of my first grow. still havent smoked anything yet but i am excited. by the way will a 1 gallon pot be sufficiant for starting flower at 12 inches sog

Back
Top Bottom