Are these autos worth saving?

Makeminefullgrown

Hello all, I need some advice from someone with more experience than myself, specifically with autos and indoor grows.
The 2 girls pictured are CDLC autos from Mephisto. I started them 42 days ago in FF Light Warrior and they did very poorly. I know I didn’t overwater, my HLG 320 LED was running at about 70% and 32” above the seedlings. For whatever reason they didn’t grow and I almost tossed them.
At the 20 day mark I decided to transplant….one went into Ocean Forest (with EWC and more perlite) while the other went into a more inert soil which I added Grow Dots, EWC and more perlite.
They immediately took off and grew fast and bushy.
The problem was I had basically lost the first 3 weeks of veg and within a week or so they started pre-flowering.
I didn’t expect much but I gave them some LST and kept them while I started some other seeds.
My question is are they worth keeping and taking up space in my grow closet??
They appear healthy and the stems and stalks are thick and sturdy. Could they grow some decent sized buds?
And finally, I can’t figure out if they have went through their stretch or if they’ll get any taller……
I can only support 3, maybe 4 plants in my 2.5’ X 6.5’ space and I have several 2-3 week old autos that are looking good.
Any thoughts?
By the way, I’d rather have 1 oz of A+ grade flower than 1lb of average stuff.
Thanks for the input.
9F5ECE0C-C6FB-4693-8BBF-22FA6D637366.jpeg
8DDFBD97-CCA7-4F79-A340-DF31CFB82C01.jpeg

I agree, keep em, yes your yield will be a little lower due to the slow start, but you've already invested 6 weeks, plus the cost of the seeds. If you're pressed for space, if possible and environmental conditions allow it, put them outside. They're small enough to be easily concealed and auto's don't care about light period. Again, you'll lose a little yield from shorter light exposure, but it's spring (in the Northern Hemisphere) and the days are getting longer.

I wouldn’t quit now! Look great to me.

NTH
I feel ya….there’s no way I can toss such gorgeous little plants.
I’ve only had one other indoor grow and it was also my first experience with autos.
I didn’t really train them so they grew a lot taller and more traditional. So I have no experience growing really short but bushy plants.
I’ve seen autos grown and LST’ed aggressively where the height may only be 14-15” but it would have a dozen nice thick colas…..
I would be pleased as punch if even one of the two ended up like that.

They look great now, I think they will be fine. I had a similar situation with a Bruce Banner auto recently. I noticed one day it just kind of stopped growing in comparison to the others I had beside it. It was in a 3 gallon pot. So I transplanted it into a 7 gallon and she took off! She ended up behind the others by 2 weeks but I ended up with almost 3 oz off of her! Don't give up. They look great now. They may just take a while longer.

Boy I hope so…..they were fine for the first week after they popped but it was clear they didn’t like the Light Warrior and didn’t grow a cm from day 7/8 to day 20. Once I moved them into the bigger pot and changed mediums they took off.
I’m wondering if they’ve filled the root zone of the current 3gal pots….and if I up potted to a 5-7 gal they may flower harder??
I guess I could try that with one of them and leave the other.

They're fine. Turn up the light, and give them some kind of regular period of uninterrupted darkness if you are not already doing so.

They're fine. Turn up the light, and give them some kind of regular period of uninterrupted darkness if you are not already doing so.
So I need some help again….I had the 2 stunted autos and decided to keep on growing them. Then I have one away and kept and other. I am now on day 62 and am seeing some sort of issue for the first time.
I have some yellowing leaves and burnt tips. I can’t decide if I’ve fed too much or too little.
The plant went into a 3 gal pot w/ ocean forest/ewc/extra perlite roughly 35 days ago. Since then I’ve only given kelp meal tea once and a light top dressing of Gaia Green 2-8-4 2 weeks ago. I have also added silica the 2-3 times I gave water only.
I think the tip damage is possibly old news but the fading/yellowing is new and recent.
I figure she has a good month or more and don’t wanna lose her when the majority of the grow is behind me.
I know it’s not gonna yield much but it did stretch out a little and has a few nice colas sites stacking up.
So what do I do next??
I almost forgot, I’ve defoliated a few leaves on a regular basis and took the last ones off about a week ago. I don’t plan on taking anymore. All in all I’ve taken a lot of big fans off.
Thanks to anyone that chimes in.
9D225130-942A-4F7F-A1A5-96808B83D400.jpeg
4E317B46-A3C9-4597-BE5F-3F7BF6A3A252.jpeg
88D13A1F-4F11-44A7-B343-9D3837F1142A.jpeg

Hey @Makeminefullgrown I'ma bit late to the question but absolutely keep em.... I just had a pygmy plant give me 1.5 oz of some decent flower....9inches tall all colas lol.

Just continue to love em and they'll show it back in nug form.

Good luck growmie and if cool I'll be in and out.

So I need some help again….I had the 2 stunted autos and decided to keep on growing them. Then I have one away and kept and other. I am now on day 62 and am seeing some sort of issue for the first time.
I have some yellowing leaves and burnt tips. I can’t decide if I’ve fed too much or too little.
The plant went into a 3 gal pot w/ ocean forest/ewc/extra perlite roughly 35 days ago. Since then I’ve only given kelp meal tea once and a light top dressing of Gaia Green 2-8-4 2 weeks ago. I have also added silica the 2-3 times I gave water only.
I think the tip damage is possibly old news but the fading/yellowing is new and recent.
I figure she has a good month or more and don’t wanna lose her when the majority of the grow is behind me.
I know it’s not gonna yield much but it did stretch out a little and has a few nice colas sites stacking up.
So what do I do next??
I almost forgot, I’ve defoliated a few leaves on a regular basis and took the last ones off about a week ago. I don’t plan on taking anymore. All in all I’ve taken a lot of big fans off.
Thanks to anyone that chimes in.
9D225130-942A-4F7F-A1A5-96808B83D400.jpeg
4E317B46-A3C9-4597-BE5F-3F7BF6A3A252.jpeg
88D13A1F-4F11-44A7-B343-9D3837F1142A.jpeg
And this looks like low nitrogen... Happens frequently in flowering plants...so you mentioned a "light top dress and kelp", this would leave me to believe she's just hungry.

Yes I would, Most top dressings is good for 1-2 weeks...but if your watering more often your washing that out so you need to feed (topdress) sooner. When you say a light top dress did you measure it to specifications on product?

I'm using @GeoFlora Nutrients veg (5-3-4) and bloom(3-5-5) which is a top dress sponsored here. On the bag it says 12-14 days of food at 1/3 cup for a 3 gallon pot...but I always add a bit extra.

Back
Top Bottom