Are these the start of preflowers?

bracer

Anxiously waiting for plant to show gender...
The base of the stems coming from each node are starting to swell so they’re round whereas a few days ago there was no swelling. Is this a sign preflowers may be forming here or just something irrelevant?
18F8D07C-030F-420A-9698-C7FA6316936A.jpeg

They are photo period to the best of my knowledge, and they are approaching the 90 day mark if they haven't already. I did not mark the germination date on my calendar

Second image in post #4 appears to have two pistillate (aka "female) flowers, side by side, right up by the main stem where you'd expect to see them. I could be mistaken, because I have 20:120 vision - but the two pairs of pistils look pretty clear to me, and are not stipules.

Congratulations - it's a girl.

EDIT: Also in what I think is the fifth image of that same post. Can't swear to which image number it is; I'm using my cell phone right now, and the person did not place any space between them. But I think the second and fifth images. Again, post #4.

Second image in post #4 appears to have two pistillate (aka "female) flowers, side by side, right up by the main stem where you'd expect to see them. I could be mistaken, because I have 20:120 vision - but the two pairs of pistils look pretty clear to me, and are not stipules.

Congratulations - it's a girl.

EDIT: Also in what I think is the fifth image of that same post. Can't swear to which image number it is; I'm using my cell phone right now, and the person did not place any space between them. But I think the second and fifth images. Again, post #4.
Thanks for the info, I'm new at this so wanted to be sure I wasn't raising a male plant by mistake here are some other pics of my other plants

20220426_185951_006_saved.jpg

20220425_143302.jpg

20220425_143259.jpg

20220425_142539_012.jpg

20220425_140852_003_saved.jpg

20220425_143304.jpg

irst image definitely has pistillate flowers in it, so that one is a female (or a hermaphrodite, lol). The others would need to be looked at by someone who can still see the floor after standing up.

There are LOTS of threads here about the subject, and many of them include images of pistillate ("female"), staminate ("male"), or both types of flowers. I don't have any specific thread links at hand right now, but if you head to this thread (which contains many links to useful information, and should probably be thoroughly explored by every novice cannabis gardener, even though not all of the information is entirely current), and follow some of the links in the "Sexing and Blooming" section, it should prove to be helpful:

The flowers that have the white, off-white, yellowish, or sometimes pinkish things that look somewhat like tiny pieces of yarn - those are what you want. The "strings" are pistils (thus, pistillate flowers), and pollen sticks to them, and then, nine months later the stork bri— er... that's how seeds end up getting produced, and why we segregate the males from the females.

Back
Top Bottom