Are trimming from an early plant any good?

wannabfree

I have 4 plants that are 10 days into flowering. They are very bushy and in need of some serious trimming.

I was about to get down, but I wanted to know if the trimmings will be any good for making cannabutter? They are not all resin filled nor do they have a pungy smell.

BTW, This is my first grow. Advanced nutes, Hydro, Ebb/flow, 600w, Co2 (at 1500). Everything is copacetic.

The chances are that the only thing that you'll get from smoking them is a bit of a headache. "Advanced Nutes" won't make a grow copacetic, just a lot more expensive. Think of them as a tax on inexperience.

Wish you could tell that to my buddy whos doing a grow himself and not using Advanced nutes. His plants are exactly the same age. He is actually able to keep a better average of room temp and humidity but his plants are looking much smaller than mine.

He is actually wondering if its to late to start with Advanced nutes now. He is on GH (grow, micro, bloom).

I am actually Advanced (Lucas ratio) Expert level. Not saying I couldn't have done it without Advanced since this is my first grow and I have nothing to guage it on other than my buddies grow. But there are so many factors that could have made this happen.

Taxing...yes. It will cost me an additional $180 dollars more. Ridiculous!

Wish you could tell that to my buddy whos doing a grow himself and not using Advanced nutes. His plants are exactly the same age. He is actually able to keep a better average of room temp and humidity but his plants are looking much smaller than mine.

He is actually wondering if its to late to start with Advanced nutes now. He is on GH (grow, micro, bloom).

I am actually Advanced (Lucas ratio) Expert level. Not saying I couldn't have done it without Advanced since this is my first grow and I have nothing to guage it on other than my buddies grow. But there are so many factors that could have made this happen.

Taxing...yes. It will cost me an additional $180 dollars more. Ridiculous!

I can only speak about my personal experience and the experiences of people I know and trust. With the amount of money AN spend on marketing I doubt they have much money for research. They are even known for using shills on forums to promote their products.

in flower you dont want to upset the plant in anyway shape or form. ive heard of others doing this with mixed results at best.
thats just to much stress for the plant trying to produce as much thc as it can. when you cut anything off the plant in this stage you will change the plants directives. it will send energy to help where its been disturbed, inturn taking away from the thc production. the plant should streatch some to help with the bushyness. other than that. some strains are out doors and some are indoors. i believe the bushiest plants need outside lighting! indoors the plants just dont have the energy needed for robust growth. the plant blocks out the life giving light needed to thrive. not saying it wont grow but the same plant in the outdoors would be a monster.
peace

In my opinion the leaves are still worth salvaging. Ive had dried bags of leaves and roll it up for a quick smoke and its a lighter high, but it's definitely still a high. Totally different thing if I would recommend removing the leaves though, but if you do, try to smoke or make butter with it yourself and you'll know if its worth it to you.

In my opinion the leaves are still worth salvaging. Ive had dried bags of leaves and roll it up for a quick smoke and its a lighter high, but it's definitely still a high. Totally different thing if I would recommend removing the leaves though, but if you do, try to smoke or make butter with it yourself and you'll know if its worth it to you.

The "light high" is caused by lack of oxygen from smoking leaves :rofl:

No, those leaves have no trichomes at 10 days. No trichomes=no THC.
If you need to thin her out a little, go ahead. At 10 days in, you know she's flowering more than she does.

Nothing better than showing up a friend with the same set-up! I would say you're more talented than that person. I'm not sure why everyone puts so much stock in Advanced Nutes...N-P-K is N-P-K right? Additives are just, well, additives.

With all that said...if it's working for you, keep rockin it! Good luck on the rest of your grow!

The "light high" is caused by lack of oxygen from smoking leaves :rofl:

No, those leaves have no trichomes at 10 days. No trichomes=no THC.
If you need to thin her out a little, go ahead. At 10 days in, you know she's flowering more than she does.

Nothing better than showing up a friend with the same set-up! I would say you're more talented than that person. I'm not sure why everyone puts so much stock in Advanced Nutes...N-P-K is N-P-K right? Additives are just, well, additives.

With all that said...if it's working for you, keep rockin it! Good luck on the rest of your grow!

Even though they don't have trichomes, I've been making cannabutter from my fan leaves (trimmed during veg) for quite a while and in my opinion, it's worth it. I grind a couple ounces of them up in an electric coffee grinder to get them nice and fine first. Next, put 4 sticks of butter in a crock pot and put it on "low". Wait till the butter melts, add the leaves, stir occasionally. I let it cook for about 4 hours, some people do it longer. Lots of people cook with the fan leaves. You can grind up the entire damn plant and make cannabutter if you want, stems included.

Once it's done cooking, I strain it through some silkscreen. The resulting butter is dark green, almost black and smells terrible. But when you cook it in brownies, you'll hardly taste it at all.

You're not really going to get high. But I can guarantee you that you will feel something, and I personally sleep very well after eating one. It's for this reason that I always make them, and I feel that it's totally worth it. You'd just toss them out otherwise, right? I love eating one before bed, the sleep difference is indeed noticeable. It's probably due to the oils and chemicals in the leaves, not the THC. YardDog is definitely right about that. You can't have THC without trichomes.

Back
Top Bottom