Around The World In 80 Strains #4 Sundae Driver

StonedCrumpet

#4 Sundae Driver

Fruity Pebbles OG x Grape Pie
50/50 Hybrid
16% THC

Appearance - Light green, dense nugs. Cloudy white patches. Purple flakes encrusted through the centre of each nug.

Smell - Warm and fruity. Creamy and sweet. This reminds me a lot of Grape Ape, with the OG twist. Although the smell is great, it doesn't blow you away.

Taste - It has that definitive OG/Diesel taste, with a hint of sweet grape. Not as overpowering as other strains I've smoked, for sure.

Type of buzz - Similar to Purple Cookies (Blog entry #3) this gets you stuck in the mud but completely aware of everything going on, on a lesser scale. Lazy. Creative. Imagination tickler. Munchies.

Length of buzz - Not as long as you'd like, you find yourself wanting to roll up again after 45 mins to an hour.

Best uses - This is great for keeping your mind occupied and busy. Gives you bursts of creativity that would really benefit someone who suffers from depression and needs things to do to keep sane. Get out your art kit or smoke before you go and tend to your plants. It's that mellow.

Overall - A nice little smoke to be honest. The taste experience doesn't really have you looking at the joint in surprise, though. This would be perfect for someone who sits at the computer all day and has loads to get done. Smoke just before you begin a hobby or whilst gaming.

6/10
I wanted more from this. I like pungent smells and heavy hitters. I can't help but feel like this just lacked that little bit extra in every department. Would be great to smoke and binge watch a series though, I guess.

Be safe ✌🏻 👌🏻

Someone brought over two clones which he said were Sundae Driver early last summer. He got them from someone he has connections to who provides clones for medical and recreational grow operations. I gotta figure that he got the real deal for his money.

The clones were in Rockwool cubes and already had some roots. It took some time to get them to grow a decent root mass in soil but everything fell into plant after awhile. Ended up with a couple of ounces of trimmed buds from each clone with no stems after the drying stage.

I gave up trying to get clones to root and decided to get a bit more size to each plant before flowering. The plants were slow growing compared to just about all the others I have done. And, impossible to get clones to root so I gave up on that after awhile. I did have the 'someone' check with the "cloner man" a month or so ago and he had no SD clones available.

Once each plant got some size to it they went into the flowering tent. This one was cut and the first trim at 8 and a 1/2 weeks after the stigma/pistils started showing. The 'someone' stopped by a couple of times when each plant was about 4 weeks into flowering and he ended up selling half to whoever he sells to without them having a sample, etc.

These had that same sweet smell, a bit different than yours because I noticed more chocolate to go with the grape and fruity smells. There were times when I opened the jar and the stash smelled like a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with fruit jam/jelly between cake layers.

The only negative comment I got back was that the smoke was a bit too good. They could not smoke this during the week because once they lit up they were stoned enough that they could not get anything done the rest of the evening. They said they were saving their stash for weekend evenings when they had nothing else that needed doing. So maybe that was not a complaint :).
full

Back
Top Bottom