Attic

Rick625

I am thinking of building a small grow room in my attic,
Just asking for do's and dont's
or maybe some good books to check out.
It will only be 60" max high ( at the peek )
and it can be 8'-0" wide and 10'-0" long.
Any ideas?
Or help?
:thanks:

live in the Wa. not bad but I am planing to insulate the room and put a small window ac unit in there as well.

I am also setting up an attic grow. My attice is rather large so I am using a 4x8 tent. Heat in the summer should be the only issue. If planned properly you should be able to get two harvest done before the heat of summer hits. Pull in and exhaust air through the roof vents.

I am so glad I found this forum!!
I am also planning a small personal grow in my attic. The attic is about 12' x 24'. It has a roof exhaust fan to remove humidity and heat from attic. I also live in a an area that is cold or cool for most of the year except June, July, August. Summer usually Does not get over 88 degrees outside

I am thinking of using a Grow Lab tent GL80 that is 31"x 31"x 5"11" inside the attic. I can vent out through a bathroom exhaust duct that goes outside the house if needed. I am hoping that during the cooler months I can exhaust the air out of the tent into the attic to keep the area warm and let the roof exhust fan remove the excess heat when it gets too hot. That way I can heat the attic in the cooler months to keep the air warm.

I will be using a 240 HPS light with 4" can fan and Can Fan filter for odor control. I will be using soil Scrog method with two 12" square pots.

I would appreciate any advice I can get for growing in an attic. I would be considered a medical marijuana patient (MS) in california but I live in a state that has decriminilized possesion but no medical marijuana laws so I must be discreet.
Please give advice on these questions
1. I need a quiet light. Should I get a light with a built in ballast or remote ballast. Which one is quieter?
2. Should the light be air cooled? How do I vent the light.

3. Do you think I will need to vent outside or can I vent the tent into the attic and let the roof exhaust fan remove the heat. I plan to grow durring the cooler months but not the cold months like December, January, February.

Any Advice would be apreciated.

Num,
I prefer remote balast lights. A balast generates heat and I do not want that in my grow tent. I use aircooled hoods and vent them into the attic space. I draw in fresh air through the roof vents and exhaust the tent through another vent. Check out my gallery and grow journal.

Back
Top Bottom